Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea - 02/02/13 - post-match orgasm from page 58

Rich

It hasn't taken people long to start getting carried away again, has it?  :iamatwat:  :D

You're quite right of course. Was thinking something similar this morning.

Still, a performance like that does breathe hope where we've had none this season !

And Sissoko.....well, THAT hasn't worn off !

Cabaye's passing yesterday was on par with his - in my opinion - best performance for us at Villa Park last season. Spreading them all over the place, short and long, making us tick. On top of that he was pressing them all over the place and shooting at every sight.

All action midfielder who could play anywhere. Very lucky to have him.

Still over the moon with this win, especially how we won it and the football we played, absolutely brilliant! This is entertainment and what makes football worth watching and paying for.

What a difference a game can make, wow (goes two ways)

Guest bimpy474

Always nice to see Frank Lampard trying to cheat like f*** but to no avail as he did when Taylor bollocked it at the end.

It hit taylor in groin didn't it  :lol:

The bollocks.

What a match, still bouncing off the walls today! Everyone put in a shift, Santon was fantastic for his two assists, Cabaye owned the midfield, Sissoko is a beast, Pardews certificate smile in the post match interview was classic, looked like he was dying to giggle like a schoolgirl!

Usual cockney loving media tried their best to take the shine off it but even they had to admit Sissoko's quality, very telling they didn't show the Ramires tackle though, blue tinted glasses!

Fancy us to go on a decent run now the shackles are off and the confidence and team spirit are back. For the first time this season I'm willing the next game to come quicker. Viv la toon!!

Merlin :thup: Particularly this bit:

Cabaye was back to his brilliant best, undoubtedly lifted by the presence of his big mate and the new signings....he was always in the thick of it and looked a perfect example of a top midfielder, tackling and creating with equal gusto. We have some great choices in m/f now and once everyone really settles, there are few PL sides with better midfielders.

Reminds me of one of Cabaye's quotes after impressing at the Euros where he said it's really much easier to play well when you're surrounded by good players. I guess it must give you a sense of freedom, when there aren't players you avoid passing to!

He's been so commanding since his return, a real leader. Should Colo still decide he wants to leave in the summer, for whatever reason (and I still don't understand the situation tbh), then I'd have no qualms about making Cabaye the captain.

Again, trying not to get carried away, but Cabaye has just been outstanding tbh. Someone on here said he goes missing in big games, and all three of our last games have been huge, and he's imposed himself on every last one of them.

Thanks Beren - agree about Cabaye being next Capt if Colo leaves, he seems to want the responsibility and would take it seriously. Much happier now he has evidence that the club has been strengthening the squad but our biggest problem will be keeping him if the likes of Man U come in summer...not that I think he is in a rush to leave right now.

Even Goals on Sunday haven't shown the Santon volley. Strange.

At least they showed the Ramires tackle. Seen plenty of reds for that kind of thing.

BBC seemed to have forgotten it though with their desire to mouth off about Ba's trying to headbutt Colo's shin.

Hansen showed why we regard him as such a sh*t Would like to have seen Shearers take.

Colo was loving the goal celebrations for someone desperate to get away btw.

I didn't mean to imply he did, but I'm confused about the whole issue. Don't think he is any less committed to his football judging from what I see on the pitch.

His performances probably haven't been quite as good as last season but that's by the by.

Usually the day after a win I have a spring in my step and Sunday's are highly enjoyable, but I'm really ecstatic about yesterday still! What an unbelievable result, seeing the celebrations afterwards was amazing, it was like we had just won the Champions League- everyone staying behind and signing in The Corner  :smitten: It really is days like yesterday that supporting NUFC is unbeatable.

Proper buzzing! The French Revolution is here  :coolsmiley: