Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea - 02/02/13 - post-match orgasm from page 58

Rich

Guest bimpy474

Swings and roundabouts, last season Luiz should have been sent off and wasn't.

Tough luck Chelsea, you just take the rough with the smooth.

It was a stonewall pen imo. Clearly accidental, but still dangerous play.

No chance, Coloccini never took his eyes off the ball and Ba dipped his head into an area where he was in danger of getting a kick.

Guest bimpy474

It was a stonewall pen imo. Clearly accidental, but still dangerous play.

No chance, Coloccini never took his eyes off the ball and Ba dipped his head into an area where he was in danger of getting a kick.

He didn't dip that much, it's a pen by the rules but it isn't a red card in a million years. It's not a red as it didn't stop a goalscoring chance, Ba had already headed it. It isn't even a yellow tbh.

He didn't dip that much, it's a pen by the rules but it isn't a red card in a million years. It's not a red as it didn't stop a goalscoring chance, Ba had already headed it. It isn't even a yellow tbh.

I'll stand by what I said until I see it again, it looked to me as if Ba dipped his head after Coloccini had decided to go for it.

No way that is a red in todays football. The amount of shirt pulling and all that kind of stuff, giving a pen after a missed chance would be extremely harsh. If that's a pen I'd guess Villa have every right to suggest the Perch tackle on Weimann also was a penalty.

Guest bimpy474

I'll stand by what I said until I see it again, it looked to me as if Ba dipped his head after Coloccini had decided to go for it.

Colo hasn't done anything wrong other than kicking at a high-ish ball, which isn't an offense unless a player head is there, he looks at the ball the whole time.

As for Ba, if you see it from one angle, you'll see he's in now way dipped he head other than a little bit as he connects, and then he's still over 5ft above the ground imo as he connects with the ball.

Guest bimpy474

No way that is a red in todays football. The amount of shirt pulling and all that kind of stuff, giving a pen after a missed chance would be extremely harsh. If that's a pen I'd guess Villa have every right to suggest the Perch tackle on Weimann also was a penalty.

Actually you're right, for some reason, even when i ref, if a player gets his shot away you dont give a free kick if the player is caught after he's shot.

It's weird because a pass, a header, a clearance anywhere else and if the player is caught late, you will always give it.

Guest ItalianMagpie

15 hours at work, could just check livescore a couple of times, at 1-2 and at the end of the game, when I think I might have had a little stroke.

Always interesting to see fans true colours come through. My Chelsea mate really struggled to come to terms with that loss, lots of niggly comments on facebook, simply couldn't just take it on the chin. Absolutely pathetic response to losing such a great match, fuck off.

As for Benitez, christ he's unbearable to listen to isn't he :lol: Excuse central

Guest bimpy474

Swings and roundabouts, last season Luiz should have been sent off and wasn't.

Tough luck Chelsea, you just take the rough with the smooth.

Not to mention Ramires should have been sent off earlier in the game.

I'm a bit no on that one, i think yellow was just about right, real difference of opinion this one though.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone remember the game Ryan Taylor got injured? He got to the ball ahead of a player who absolutely clattered him. No one said anything.

That the one where we scored from it? Blackburn springs to mind.

It was Villa, Steven Warnock.

Anyone remember the game Ryan Taylor got injured? He got to the ball ahead of a player who absolutely clattered him. No one said anything.

I was partly there, one of my disliked clubs.

I think that's a case of the management being ahead of the fans. Including me. Because I wouldn't have picked that team. Great result!

Guest bimpy474

Ryan Taylor got injured against Atromitos, we didn't score from it though. Not sure we even got a free kick.

You're thinking of the wrong time Wullie.

I love how you see the likes of Cahill making high footed clearances, even a few big name defenders have done overhead kick clearances yet Colo goes for the ball and an Attacker comes down with a diving header and meets his foot and all of a sudden it should have been a penalty and a red card, piss off.

Anyone else think the BBC gave us shit coverage for our chances, particularly in the first half? Chelsea had all of their chances covered yet some of our better chances and close misses and some great built up play went un seen. I'm very surprised they showed A.Cole being burnt by Sissoko. 

Guest bimpy474

Yeah that one, Ball was way gone when he clattered him. I don't think the Colo was one was a foul. What if demba scored?

If he scored, goal. As he missed it should have been a pen for the late kick. But as i said early, it's a funny thing you never give a foul when a player gets his shot away, anywhere else on the pitch you do.

It's a real strange unwritten rule thing, it's a definite oddity.