Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea - 02/02/13 - post-match orgasm from page 58

Rich

2 feet and you go off, simple as that.  I'm used to that being used as a justification when NUFC players go, so fuck exceptions for the rich clubs.

Aye, from that perspective I understand. In an ideal world, that wouldn't be a red, and neither would the times we've had relatively innocuous challenges deemed reds - they'd be yellow cards.

Guest bimpy474

Well the rules have changed on two footed tackles, they are no longer a red card offense if the player isn't out of control, which baffles the fuck out of me. Two feet studs up in control or not should always be a red.

2 feet and you go off, simple as that.  I'm used to that being used as a justification when NUFC players go, so f*** exceptions for the rich clubs.

Actually that's not the rule at all. It wasn't a two footer with studs up. He didn't really catch Jonas like that. Sure we are going to go the way and call me biased because it was Ramires.

But I don't think Colo or Ramires deserved a red. At first I was fuming, but the replay clearly shows it wasn't a complete two footer with studs up. It was a yellow no doubt, but we can't really require more than a yellow.

And for the Colo, anyone suggesting it's a red rarely watches football. On tuesday night Perch caught Weimann terribly, the shot however had already come off and it was merely an attempt to block the shot. I mean, if we follow the rule book completely you'll find a penalty situation 5 times ever game. Shirt tugging and so on is also a foul.

None were reds, we won as the better team and well done lads. Haven't been this excited since we demolished WBA at their ground last year. Bring on Spurs and bring on another three points.

Guest bimpy474

OK, well we're owed quite a lot of points we've been cheated out of then.

I personally don't see why a player ever feels the need to go in 2-footed, and they should be punished with a sending off.

Completely agree mate.

Woeful finishing aside I think that's the best all round game I've seen Cisse have. Held it up well, constant running and showing for it and great link up play. Those finishes though, just put your foot through it man.

Someone on Twitter was suggesting earlier that playing out wide may have given him a better understanding of team play.

He looked pretty good last season at team play as well when he was on fire.

Still pisses me off the red card Tiote got against sunderland. He only got it purely because he's Tiote and it was a derby so the fans went mental after.

the thing that gets me about the Tiote sending off is that despite giving us the free kick Atkinson didn't take into account the pull on Tiote which as a result was the cause of Tiote missig the ball and catching the player, without the foul initially on Cheick he takes the ball clean.

It annoys me that Benitez can be so short sighted about the Colo decision. By the letter of the law its a red, but by the letter of the law so was the Ramirez challenge. Personally I think Webb got the decisions right and neither warranted anything more than was delivered. The fact MOTD edited it from their clips cheese's me off as well. But when I think about it, we mugged them off and came away with 3 points having knackered their new favorite player, so I think who gives a fuck what anyone says.

I don't think Colo's was a red at all, he was going for the ball and it was an accident.  Can see why a pen would have been given though.  I'd have sent Ramires off every day of the week, surprised people think otherwise.

Try to have a look at the replay, it's not as bad as it looked like. He doesn't catch Jonas in a leg breaking way. It's a yellow, and I think Webb got those decisions right. He had many decisions he got wrong but those two weren't one of those.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Did anyone think Villa should've had a pen when Perch smashed Weimann just after he'd shot on Tues night? Exactly the same scenarios for me, both were fouls if they'd occurred outside the box but neither stopped the attackers' goal scoring opportunities and didn't prevent them from reaching any loose balls so there was no direct advantage to NUFC, so totally understand why the ref didn't give either as pens

I don't think Colo's was a red at all, he was going for the ball and it was an accident.  Can see why a pen would have been given though.  I'd have sent Ramires off every day of the week, surprised people think otherwise.

Try to have a look at the replay, it's not as bad as it looked like. He doesn't catch Jonas in a leg breaking way. It's a yellow, and I think Webb got those decisions right. He had many decisions he got wrong but those two weren't one of those.

I've watched it a few times, I thought it was a terrible challenge.  It wasn't the nastiest 2-footed tackle I've ever seen, but I've seen countless more tame ones that have been punished with a red card.  As I said earlier, I personally think that the player should be sent off every time they go in 2-footed.  I never felt the need to go in 2-footed when I played football when I was younger and I have no idea why top-level footballers do either.  For these tackles to be an automatic red card avoids doubt and actually makes the referee's job easier.  It might also help remove this type of challenge altogether, or at least minimise them.

Never a red card in a million years. If the advantage rule doesn't apply, then the goalscoring opportunity one certainly does. Ba got his opportunity.

my thoughts exactly. Also Ba leaned forward or dived to head it, its not like colo was standing or jumping and kicking at head height.