Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea - 02/02/13 - post-match orgasm from page 58

Rich

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like you're good referee.

I try to remember that it's their game, not the referees. I try to referee the game that they are trying to play, when they stop trying to play the game, that's when I step in. And talking to the players can go a long way to letting them know what I saw and why I am calling what I am. They won't like everything that I call but they might (if they are smart) understand why.

Dunno about being good, although today i got high praise, which was really nice tbh.

Problem you have is, a kids game you have mental parents who see things different to the oppositions mental parents. Then you break that down to those not always agreeing with your decisions and some that do. In pro footy you mutliply that by thousand and it's a job that is really..........well, you simply will not get through a game pleasing everyone, or anyone at times.

Just call it fair and do your best. Hard for them to accept sometimes but if players left the ref alone (more in amateur footy) he/she would ref so much better without the intimidation that goes on far too often.

13 games left, realistically think we can expect to pick up points in all of them - maybe Citeh away

It hasn't taken people long to start getting carried away again, has it?  :iamatwat:  :D

It's what we do.

Wheyyyyy, it's not really getting carried away when you actually look at the fixtures and realise there's only 13 games left.

And lastly, no matter how much the players, fans, parents hate me and want to blame for for a loss.

I know that I made less mistakes in the game than they did.

It wasn't me who shot wide when the goal was begging, it wasn't me who couldn't trap the ball, it wasn't me who missed the challenge and let them through on goal (think Terry for the winning goal), it wasn't me who couldn't make the pass and it wasn't me who got caught in possession.

They just want to blame someone because they don't want to accept any blame personally. And parents especaily want to blame someone rather than blame their young princess.

Guest bimpy474

And lastly, no matter how much the players, fans, parents hate me and want to blame for for a loss.

I know that I made less mistakes in the game than they did.

It wasn't me who shot wide when the goal was begging, it wasn't me who couldn't trap the ball, it wasn't me who missed the challenge and let them through on goal (think Terry for the winning goal), it wasn't me who couldn't make the pass and it wasn't me who got caught in possession.

They just want to blame someone because they don't want to accept any blame personally. And parents especaily want to blame someone rather than blame their young princess.

On the money mate.

Ramires tackle should have been a sending off ..... it could have broke Jonas' legs ffs.

BCLjDVWCEAE-FoK.jpg

So yeah f*ck off you twats, we bossed you for the majority of the game so stop blaming the ref for you're own deficiencies.

:thup: 100%, I was foaming at that.  Webb completely bottled it due to the colour of Ramires' shirt.  The Colo one was more difficult for him to call.

Same here :lol:

Guest bimpy474

If it was a pen, then it would have to be a red card also as Colo was last man.

Not really, Colo kicked Ba after Ba headed it. He didn't prevent Ba making his header more accurate, so it wasn't preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

It's really about if the dangerous play was a red, which in most opinions it wasn't as Colo only had eyes for the ball.

Still all about opinion mind, never going to agree on this one.

Guest bimpy474

If it was a pen, then it would have to be a red card also as Colo was last man.

Doesn't matter.

Spot on, no such thing as last man anymore, preventing a goal scoring opportunity is term now.

Been surprised at the belated whining and wailing and sulking from Chelsea fans today - seems to have been sparked by Journalists whining and petulance basing everything on Rafa's moaning.

Wasn't much of it from Chelsea fans yesterday after the game, which sort of says everything, doesn't it ?  :whistle:

That second goal really showed what we have now in this squad.

The only players capable of carrying the ball at that speed in our squad are Ben Arfa (injured) and Obertan (bit harsh but he would have tried to do a stepover or something at some point allowing himself to get caught), anyone else would have been pushed wide, they would have got players back and it wouldn't be anything near the chance it was.

If Obertan did actually get his head down, run and have his shot parried like Gouffran no-one would have been following up like Sissoko did. We really missed a midfielder who was capable to doing that.

We haven't just signed quality players but we have signed players who have different strengths that we didn't have before.

Just watched it, brilliant game. We were fantastic in the first half, really deserved to the lead at HT. Cabaye bossed the midfield, did pretty much everything right and played some great balls, not least the one that lead to the first goal. Second half Chelsea came back into the game and scored two terrific goals. Webb was quite clearly in Cabaye's way for the first one which probably wouldn't have been a goal if he hadn't been there.

As for the rest of Webb's performance the lesser said the better. Thought he favoured Chelsea all game long and kept giving them cheap free kicks all the time, especially second half. The Chelsea players wouldn't stop whinging either, they were at it all the bloody time and it really got on my tits. The Ba incident is a real tough one to call, probably should have been a penalty but never in a million years is it a red card. By the way, the move was started by Ramires who shouldn't have been on the pitch at that point after his cowardly two footed challenge on Jonas. As has been said, if that was Tiote, it would have been a different colour on the card.

Cissé probably had his best game for us, if you just look at his general play, just a shame his finishing wasn't on. Terry, the fucking prick, was clearly wound up by him and was out to get him since that elbow.

Gouffran adds something different to this team, he looks a fantastic bargain and seems like quite an intelligent footballer and that pace will come very useful indeed. Have seen people saying Cech should have done better for our second, but it was a good finish from Gouffran with his weaker (?) left foot, not really sure what Cech could have done.

Both full backs were terrific as well, especially Santon with his two assists. Having Debuchy in our team makes a huge difference though, we look so much more balanced with him compared to Simpson.

Last but not least, Sissoko. Oh man, what a player! Goals, pace, power, technique, work rate, the man has it all. Absolute beast of a footballer, was a joy to watch. €2.5m for him is the steal of the century, how the hell did we pull that off?

Its quite obvious how we get him so cheap tbh. He wanted to come, his contract is up in the summer, the Toulouse owner had fell out with him and thus suspended him for playing and if we didn't buy him we was going to get him on a pre-contract for the summer.

Toulouse really had no choice but to sell him for a minimal fee and really shot themselves in the foot with how they acted tbh.

Even so though, despite the fact everything aligned in our favor its still a ridiculous fee for a player of his ability.

As has been said, if that was Tiote, it would have been a different colour on the card.

This annoys me, because it's true. Tioté does put in some stupid tackles at times, but he often gets a card for tackles others wouldn't. Was the same with Barton (although he was/is fucking crazy).