Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 09/02/13 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky)

Fenham Mag

I always liked Kingdawson, thought he was a real canny lad that always seemed to get loads of undeserved abuse.

Spurs fans used to get a real tough time on here at the time he and Martin Lol joined. Leffe slipped the radar some how. The thing that winds me up the most is Martin Lol's sense of self importance about his posts. Like we're all dying to hear the latest made up update about Spurs.

It's like any forum on t'internet - you just need to be mature and keep your wits about you. Only post stuff in Football that might interest Newcastle/football fans, and make sure that if you're defending your team (which you always end up having to do - and it's your duty of course), you do so with a sense of humour and awareness of where you are.

Kingdawson was a good guy, but let himself get wound up way too much. Every once in a while he'd step over the line a bit. Martin Lol seems like a good guy too, but doesn't always get it :lol:.

Christ that sounds patronising. You know what I mean. I actually signed up years before my start date, and slipped under the radar by just not being too full-on.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, just had a look on here...some of the comments in the thread really make me hope we get the points.

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/match-day-chat/31158-tottenham-v-newcastle-official-match-thread-sat-9th-feb-8.html

I particularly liked "I'd start Taylor over Tiote."

:lol:

Aye, while we're at it, let's start Marveaux over Krul.

Think most of the Spurs hatred surfaced during the time they got Modric, and then the Harry Redknapp/Rosie/Demba Ba/general pouching incidents. The fact that they got some good deals for players while being able to shift average dross for big fees on top of that made people a bit jealous.

I don´t really mind Spurs now that Redknapp is gone. They have been fun to watch for many years now, and bar Bale, most of their squad is fairly likable.

same for me and throw in I like AVB because of the ridiculous abuse he gets from the media means I rather see Spurs in CL places than Arsenal or Chelsea

Guest firetotheworks

Not that I don't think he's good, but Bale is comfortably the most overrated player out there at the moment.

Think most of the Spurs hatred surfaced during the time they got Modric, and then the Harry Redknapp/Rosie/Demba Ba/general pouching incidents. The fact that they got some good deals for players while being able to shift average dross for big fees on top of that made people a bit jealous.

I don´t really mind Spurs now that Redknapp is gone. They have been fun to watch for many years now, and bar Bale, most of their squad is fairly likable.

I think that it will be interesting to see how the relationship changes if you're where you should be next year with this squad.

I've said it before, but for my entire football-supporting life up until the Premier League started you were essentially irrelevant. Now bear with me here. For the first four or five years of the Prem, we were irrelevant, then for another four or five years, we both were. You had three good years, then ever since 2004-5 we've finished above you, usually comfortably so. Last season was the first season in my footballing life (that I can remember) that we were both good. Next season should be the next. That will be a real test of a relationship :lol:.

My dislike of Spurs is more to do with it being a horrible place to visit with some complete twats as fans and even bigger twats wearing the met police uniform.

A lovely met policeman once charged across park Lane and delivered a flying kick right in my bollocks after a game at spurs in the mid 80's for nothing more than getting myself out of the way of a charging police horse.

I genuinely dislike every other team in the league, just to varied levels. Spurs are near the top though as I consider us big rivals and we should be in and about where Spurs are based on our both side's quality. I consider beating Spurs a big one for me, not really sure why it means so much either.  I envy what Spurs have done in the past few years in terms of where they've finished and I've always felt that from Newcastle's perspective - Everton, Liverpool, and Spurs are 3 teams we should be in and around against at the minimum if not better.

Where'll be the best place to drink pre-match for this? Round Kings Cross then tube? Or near WHL itself?

Mostly home fans round the ground. Last year me and my mate said we weren't going to the match and got let in. There was some Irish centre near WHL station that had our fans in, might go back

The only time I've ever really disliked Spurs has been due to their managers. Redknapp because he's a gobshite, and Glenn Hoddle because he was a crap manager but thought he was a tactical mastermind and Jesus reborn as a smug messiah.

It's the media arse kissing of them I always hated, particularly when there was a 10-15 year spell where they never finished top or bottom 6, the definition of average, yet the press still wanked all over them.

Just been reading a Spurs forum, they are as arrogant as I imagined they would be. Knew there was a reason why I f***ing despised them.

Uh huh. I can play that game too:

"Slot Tiote to kick the living s*** of Dembele and Dempsey, and I'm sure Saylor and Debuchy will be able to shake off one Gareth Bale."

"Also when Hatem Ben arfas back along with Tiote and Raylor. Yes were as good as Tottenham. Be finishing above you next season"

"i'd take Cisse over Adebayor on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday."

"You may aswell get yourself a TOON shirt to wear for the game.    because we are going to Spank you."

All taken out of context - the thread was pretty fair. Here's some Spurs stuff from my forum:

"this is going to be a really tough match for us."

"I think this game can be a cracker."

"I am worried about this game. I really hope we can get three points to keep us in contention! Could this be the game that makes or breaks our season?"

"A three of Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko is strong though. We'll need to be on it."

"With Newcastle's strength in midfield, Holtby absolutely has to play centrally behind the striker as he is not afraid to track back and hassle - 3rd central midfielder and linking the play."

"God I hope we wipe the smugness off of Pardew's face though, can't stand him. He's gotten a bit lucky, the going got tough and he was bailed out by 4 new signing."

"Since Cabaye came back they have made such huge improvements.

Not to mention they basically changed half their squad, and Yanga-Mbiwu hasn't even started, who I feel is their 2nd best CB behind Coloccini.

They could realistically line up as such:

----------------------------- Krul ------------------------------

Debuchy ------ Yanga-Mbiwa --- Coloccini ----- Santon

--------------- Cabaye ---------- Tiote ---------------------

Jonas ----------------- Sissoko ------------------ Gouffran

------------------------- Cisse ----------------------------------

That's an incredibly balanced squad. One that is athletic from front to back, has goals from their defense and obviously in attack. Strong in midfield with a trio that have very complimentary skillsets (Cabaye - elite passer/engine, Tiote - ball winner/tenacious defender, Sissoko - playmaker).

This one is going to be tough. Very tough."

Oh, the arrogant b******s.

I still hate your fans leffe. Ever since I saw a load of them going to a cup final in suits jumping into a limo. 

Where'll be the best place to drink pre-match for this? Round Kings Cross then tube? Or near WHL itself?

Mostly home fans round the ground. Last year me and my mate said we weren't going to the match and got let in. There was some Irish centre near WHL station that had our fans in, might go back

The Irish Centre used to be the one, but I haven't been with away fans for some time - we're talking years now. A couple of pubs I used to recommend have apparently gone now. This site gives a few:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/tottenham_hotspur/

If you're coming down to London by train I'd say your best bet is to grab a drink in town - there are loads of great pubs around Kings Cross. You can then get the Victoria Line up. Alternatively, if you're getting the overground up from Liverpool St, drink there.

If you're driving down, parking is a bugger. There's lots of complicated things you can do, but check the train times. You might be able to park somewhere in Enfield and get the train down from Enfield Town to WHL (Don't go to Enfield Chase station - wrong line) - but the pubs in Enfield were never that great. It does mean that you're getting the train back out of London, which used to mean less of a wait.