Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 09/02/13 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky)

Fenham Mag

Guest benge23

Never seen Mbiwa play other than the away game to villa, hoping he is as good as this forum makes him out to be! Taylor deserves to start for his 100 per cent commitment and two good games!

Long time lurker here with a quick question.

I'm going to be in Manchester this weekend (a couple of friends of mine got tickets to ManU-Everton and invited me along, obv join in for a weekend of debauchery) but I can't miss the the game on saturday, anyone got any recommendations for places to watch it in Manchester?

Bonus points if there will be other Newcastle fans there but as long as I can cheer loudly without ending up like Danny Simpson that's good enough.

I'm going to be in Manchester this weekend (a couple of friends of mine got tickets to ManU-Everton and invited me along, obv join in for a weekend of debauchery) but I can't miss the the game on saturday, anyone got any recommendations for places to watch it in Manchester?

Bonus points if there will be other Newcastle fans there but as long as I can cheer loudly without ending up like Danny Simpson that's good enough.

Try anywhere along Canal Street mate

Friendship Inn in Fallowfield if you don't mind students.

Can honestly see us getting a result here, they didn't have much against WBA, only taking advantage when they had numerical advantage. Anything can happen on the day of course, but we owe them one. Would really love a tanking like we used to give them every once in a while!

Sifu lives in Manchester IIRC, might be worth dropping him a PM.

Campaign supported by Lindsey Gascoigne & Graham Roberts

More info on www.facebook.com/standforgazza

It is proposed that on the 8th minute of the next home game involving Tottenham, Rangers, Newcastle Utd, Middlesbrough, Lazio and Everton the fans stand and applaud for one minute in a global show of support for stricken footballing legend Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne.

The standing applause is intended take place during the 8th minute at the following fixtures;

Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

Saturday 9th February 2013

Rangers v Queen's Park

Lazio v Napoli

Middlesborough v Barnsley

Newcastle United v Metalist

Thursday 14th February 2013

Everton v Reading

Saturday 2nd March 2013

Please help make this campaign a success by sharing this information with your friends on facebook and twitter and with any other fans pages associated with any of Gazza's former clubs.

www.facebook.com/standforgazza

Guest icemanblue

Aye, the sentiment and all that. But, these things are getting a bit daft now, aren't they? Soon we'll not be able to watch the match for checking our watches to see who we should be standing up or clapping for.

Aye, the sentiment and all that. But, these things are getting a bit daft now, aren't they? Soon we'll not be able to watch the match for checking our watches to see who we should be standing up or clapping for.

Totally agree.

Loved Gazza as a player but these clapping tributes, minutes silence/applause etc, for anyone connected to the club or not, are getting a bit silly.

They are also diminishing the occasions when respect/tribute really should be shown.

Don't forget the 96 empty seats.

100% this. It makes me cringe.

Agree. Sorry, but no, I just don't think this is necessary.

It might be a bit controversial, but as a man he's not worthy of it, imo.

:thup:

I agree with that. It's sad, and I really wish he could get past his demons and settle down for a nice quiet happy life, but I don't think he's worthy of all these teams clapping for him in so many minutes etc. What difference will it make anyway? Will Gazza see the applause and think "fuck me, all these fans care about me, time to get off the booze (again) and sort me life out!"? Even if he does, we all know he'll relapse sooner or later.

Might buy a ticket in the home end for this.

Tough to get and expensive to say the least. I couldn't do it, seen us lose at the Lane too, too much stress sitting with home fans.

You can get them through ticket exchange on Tottenham's website. You're right about the stress, but even if I go to the pub it will all be Spurs fans.

Might buy a ticket in the home end for this.

Tough to get and expensive to say the least. I couldn't do it, seen us lose at the Lane too, too much stress sitting with home fans.

You can get them through ticket exchange on Tottenham's website. You're right about the stress, but even if I go to the pub it will all be Spurs fans.

Saw us lose there in 1999 when Solano scored a cracking goal but we ended up losing 3-1. Bloody hard when everyone goes mental around you and you stand up feeling like death but pretending to be fine :lol: