Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 09/02/13 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky)

Fenham Mag

Probably a stupid idea, but would anyone consider playing Mbiwa at right back to counter the threat of Bale.

No chance, Bale spent yesterday drifting to the right a lot so would be a waste adapting the back four to play him. We just need to make sure he gets cut off early.

We'd be better off assigning a midfielder to man-mark him tbh.

i could see the merit of man marking a player like Mata who given space and time could play a ball straight through you but man marking Bale is a bit different,  we have no one who could really keep up with him on a one on one.

I think this will be a fascinating contest. With the amount of pace in both sides, whoever scores first has a massive chance of winning. For us, it will be crucial to give Santon and Debuchy as much protection as we possibly can. I wouldn't mind us sitting a bit deeper than normal (Cabaye and Jonas either side of Tiote/Anita (or even Perch) versus this lot and try to hit them on the break with the pace of Gouffran and Sissoko.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote back in the side for me.

injuries aside, thats the only question pardew will be thinking.

Wonder which one of Goufrran or Jonas will be left out for Hatem.

Guest bimpy474

Jonas..... Gouffran works his bullocks off as well as the touch, movement, passing and pace.

Jonas only works his bullocks off.

I agree but Pardew and Jonas.....you never know which way Pardew will go.

Spuds, all but strikerless, didn't perform particularly well, cut out the supply to Bale and I really fancy our chances in this one. So long as we go into it with the same mentality as the Chelski game and react well to any lapse in quality the same, another second half Villa performance and they'll punish us. Quietly confident and so should the players be after that last game. Bring it on!