The France Thread

EthiGeordie

If Cabaye, Debuchy and Remy keep up their current form, they should be near certs for the WC. Deschamps also seemingly rates Sissoko.

It will be tough for MYM though. Varane, Sakho, Koscielny, Abidal all ahead of him.

Cracking incentive not to let his head drop and carry on doing his utmost though.

GK: Landreau, Lloris, Mandanda

DF: Abidal, Clichy, Debuchy, Evra, Koscielny, Sagna, Sakho, Varane

MF: Cabaye, Grenier, Matuidi, Mavuba, Nasri, Pogba, Sissoko

FW: Benzema, Giroud, Payet, Remy, Ribery, Valbuena

"internationals"

HBA should be looking at the list and saying to himself he needs to put the work in to make that squad this summer; whatever it takes.

• 2 weeks later...

France have made history tonight becoming the first team to reverse a two-goal deficit in a World Cup play-off match.

No other country in play-off history has fallen behind by two or more goals and then recovered to qualify.

Well Done France hope this keeps our french lads Keen.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I honestly thought they would've capitulated but fairly to them for turning the tie on it's head. Also I wouldn't bet against them reaching the semis.

I was canny surprised some wrote them off so quickly after the first leg. I know they have their issues but their squad is still loaded with quality players and it was hardly the most impossible of tasks.

Was thinking about backing them but bottled it at the last minute.  :thup:

I was canny surprised some wrote them off so quickly after the first leg. I know they have their issues but their squad is still loaded with quality players and it was hardly the most impossible of tasks.

Was thinking about backing them but bottled it at the last minute.  :thup:

well the fact it had never been done before (coming from 2-0 in the 2nd leg of a world cup playoff) together with Ukraines impressive defense and the fact the french team has been serial failures in recent time and the french themselves don't like them so potential poisonous atmosphere its not exactly surprising no one had any faith in them pulling it off

so then, which generlised load of BS will be more prevelent on here over the next few months............our frenchies are..........

....playing crap because they don't want to get injured and miss the world cup ?

or

.... only playing well so they get picked for the world cup ?

shame for HBA like, seems unlikely given his history with deschamps that whatever he does he's going nowhere near the squad

I wonder if Hatem feels the same way, perhaps explaining his dip in performances?

did occur, impossible to say, but let's speculate anyway and commit to it being ABSOLUTELY TRUE

shame for HBA like, seems unlikely given his history with deschamps that whatever he does he's going nowhere near the squad

I wonder if Hatem feels the same way, perhaps explaining his dip in performances?

He's still quite high profile in France though, so surely you would think if he gets back to his best with us then the French press would be behind a campaign for him to be in the team.

Guest icemanblue

It's pretty flexible, really. Can be adjusted, as required, dependent on the result.

as opposed to your own inflexible approach of talking unadulterated shite regardless

Oh, good morning, mate.