Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

For a player like Cabaye I think he was quite poor. Won few 50-50s and wasn´t able to set the pace for our game. Again he seems to have a habit to not dominate a game against bigger clubs.

Krul - 4. Could have done better with the second goal, shaky all game, more abysmal distribution.

Debuchy - 6. Poor at times, decent at others.

Taylor - 8. I thought he was phenomenal up until the second goal. He wasn't the prime suspect but he still got too tight.

Coloccini - 5. Worrying. Basically cost us two goals.

Santon - 6. Decent at the back, very wasteful up top.

Perch - 6. Ticked us over well in the first half and contained Bale well. Should've jumped.

Cabaye - 7. Controlled our midfield, played some nice passes.

Jonas - 7. I thought he was great in the first half. Some effective passing and decent pressing. Faded.

Sissoko - 6. Quiet game.

Gouffran - 8. I thought he was good in all aspects.

Cisse - 4. Very poor.

Bit of a mixed bag today really.

A 4 for Krul is ridiculous. Agree about his distribution but he still made some excellent saves in the second half. As is the difference between Taylor and Colo.

You're very negative and cynical these days Yorkie.

Krul - 4. Could have done better with the second goal, shaky all game, more abysmal distribution.

Debuchy - 6. Poor at times, decent at others.

Taylor - 8. I thought he was phenomenal up until the second goal. He wasn't the prime suspect but he still got too tight.

Coloccini - 5. Worrying. Basically cost us two goals.

Santon - 6. Decent at the back, very wasteful up top.

Perch - 6. Ticked us over well in the first half and contained Bale well. Should've jumped.

Cabaye - 7. Controlled our midfield, played some nice passes.

Jonas - 7. I thought he was great in the first half. Some effective passing and decent pressing. Faded.

Sissoko - 6. Quiet game.

Gouffran - 8. I thought he was good in all aspects.

Cisse - 4. Very poor.

Bit of a mixed bag today really.

A 4 for Krul is ridiculous. Agree about his distribution but he still made some excellent saves in the second half. As is the difference between Taylor and Colo.

You're very negative and cynical these days Yorkie.

Aye, fair enough, he did make a good save to deny Bale's hat-trick and an instinctive save off a Dempsey cross - so maybe I'm being harsh. He just winds me up easily tbh. Nearly single-handedly cost us a goal from a corner too.

I resent the last bit though, I don't think that's a fair comment at all. I get stick for laying into Krul and Santon on a semi-regular basis, which is fine. I'm nowhere near as negative as some on here.

Disappointed but far from gutted, two stupid mistakes resulted in conceeding two sloppy goals. Should have had a point here. We are looking good. Great game from Saylor.

Our goal was classy in the build, really missed Gouffers. Pray he is ok, didn't look good.

As has been said, the best player on the pitch won the match for them. Can't really complain.

One thing I do hate is delusional Spurs fans piping up again with the most hysterical rubbish spouted by any football fans anywhere. Far far worse than any Liverpool fans I have ever come across.

Here's a couple of texts I received from one of them:

"Holtby was majestic, 10 times the player Arfa is. Lennon and Parker should b heart of england. Bale is god. We fkng buried u take that u twats.

"And wats with all the hacking of our players. ur fkng disgusting. are u stoke?"

Coloccini didn't cost us 2 goals ffs.

That first was entirely down to Perch, the free kick shouldn't have been given away but Perch made no attempt at all to get anything on the strike.

Colo was the primary offender for both goals. Perch secondary in both instances.

How can you judge the winner as either Taylor or Colos fault Yorkie? Clearly a misunderstanding between both.

I said Taylor got too tight and I said Colo was at fault, too. For both goals, the blame was shared between two players. First: Colo and Perch. Second: Colo and Taylor.

As has been said, the best player on the pitch won the match for them. Can't really complain.

One thing I do hate is delusional Spurs fans piping up again with the most hysterical rubbish spouted by any football fans anywhere. Far far worse than any Liverpool fans I have ever come across.

"Holtby was majestic, 10 times the player Arfa is. Lennon and Parker should b heart of england. Bale is god. We fkng buried u take that u twats.

"And wats with all the hacking of our players. ur fkng disgusting. are u stoke?"

And you associate with these people?

How can you judge the winner as either Taylor or Colos fault Yorkie? Clearly a misunderstanding between both.

I said Taylor got too tight and I said Colo was at fault, too. For both goals, the blame was shared between two players. First: Colo and Perch. Second: Colo and Taylor.

Taylor 8, Colo 5 because he gave away a free kick :lol:

I thought Taylor was more at fault than Colo for the 2nd goal personally but both should have done a lot better.

Everyone was tbh for that s***, even Krul as the angle was still fairly tight. Just an all round disaster.

Pretty much :thup: not the first time we haven't been able to deal with a high ball either bit worrying tbh.

And you associate with these people?

That was my reaction. I judge you manupstairs, I judge you!

Taylor 8, Colo 5 because he gave away a free kick :lol:

I gave them ratings based on the whole game. I thought Taylor was absolutely imperious throughout; bar one mistake where he got too tight and they capitalised. I thought Colo was shaky all game and had a significant hand in both of their goals.