Newcastle United vs. Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 @ 8:05pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Ketsbaia

I'd field a full strength team and hope we can get a good lead to take over there.  But no matter what happens I'd still take a second string for the away leg, I wouldn't even have the likes of Debuchy, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Sissoko or Cisse on the plane.

I'd field a full strength team and hope we can get a good lead to take over there.  But no matter what happens I'd still take a second string for the away leg, I wouldn't even have the likes of Debuchy, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Sissoko or Cisse on the plane.

Debuchy won't be going

Any news on whether Gouffran is going to be fit for this? I saw Southampton mentioned in the press today, but just wondered if he's back in training already as the article seemed very positive.

All season I've been semi-dreading the Europa League games due to us playing our second string. Difference now is that our second string actually doesn't look too bad. I'd go:

Harper

Santon Yanga-Mbiwa  Coloccini Haidara

Tiote    Anita

Jonas                Sissoko            Marv

Cisse

All season I've been semi-dreading the Europa League games due to us playing our second string. Difference now is that our second string actually doesn't look too bad. I'd go:

Harper

Tiote    Anita

Cisse

I'd have Obertan over Jonas for this one.

Harper

Tiote    Anita

Cisse

I'd have Obertan over Jonas for this one.

Was thinking that myself but every time he impresses me it seems to be when he plays on the left rather than the right.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-column-toon-owe-fans-1705054

Simon Bird has a point here but still...

This is appalling. How can you write for a newspaper that big - still not being able to build a proper sentence nor show any hint of cultivation in your language?

It's like 20-odd tweets. And not getting facts right (three wins on the bounce?).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-column-toon-owe-fans-1705054

Simon Bird has a point here but still...

This is appalling. How can you write for a newspaper that big - still not being able to build a proper sentence nor show any hint of cultivation in your language?

It's like 20-odd tweets. And not getting facts right (three wins on the bounce?).

it's the mirror, think of the audience he's writing to.

Green kit?

Probably and it would be absolutely shocking if that's the case.

Agree. At home we should be wearing the home shirt. No matter what competition.

Would be a different situation if we had an European (home) kit in black & white. Bayern had that some years back, a Euro kit in their red colours.

From .com

Sammy Ameobi is doubtful after sustaining a hamstring injury during training on Monday, but fellow reserve forward Adam Campbell is available and wasn't included among the squad currently playing a tournament out in Italy, suggesting he'll be involved on Thursday.

I'd love to finally see him get some game time.