Newcastle United vs. Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 @ 8:05pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Ketsbaia

Might be missing something but that's a decent team.

Is it unfair to say Pardew is going to get criticised either way here? Rest players => what are you doing Pardew? Play strong team => what are you doing Pardew?

There will always be a few "what the fuck are you doing!?" "Typical Pardew" posts in the pre-match thread.

I would have done a few things different but it's still very

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=100077&t=o

Fer me lyke!

Anyone else listening to Harper here? Marveaux's not playing because Obertan tracks back better. :neutral:

Entirely believable as Pardew's rationale. We're at home looking to press our advantage, let's prioritise the defensive qualities of an attacking role :thup:

The most bizarre thing isn't that he prioritises defence over attack, it's more that he thinks Obertan tracks back well.

There's a flag saying 'viva la toon' in the ground really hope it's not on the reltelly

How about a banner instead

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s600x600/521302_10151270741760009_750847670_n.jpg

:lol:

There's a flag saying 'viva la toon' in the ground really hope it's not on the reltelly

How about a banner instead

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s600x600/521302_10151270741760009_750847670_n.jpg

How do they get that wrong, seriously?

Boycoutt that banner.

Anyone else listening to Harper here? Marveaux's not playing because Obertan tracks back better. :neutral:

Entirely believable as Pardew's rationale. We're at home looking to press our advantage, let's prioritise the defensive qualities of an attacking role :thup:

:thup: really odd, but expected, sadly

Tbf many have said on here Marveaux doesn't look like a winger and I have started to agree. I think his competition is more likely Sissoko than Jonas or Obertan. That's why we need a winger/wing forward in the summer to compete with HBA and Gouffran.

Tbf many have said on here Marveaux doesn't look like a winger and I have started to agree. I think his competition is more likely Sissoko than Jonas or Obertan. That's why we need a winger/wing forward in the summer to compete with HBA and Gouffran.

While i agree, i would rather see Marveaux and Jonas or Obertan but none the less i'm to bothered about it tbh it is his reasons that bother me.

I think the team overall is pretty strong and i'm quite happy to see it.

Wish Mbiwa was playing centrally.

Why? We'll see plenty of him playing in the centre over the coming years. At least, tonight, we'll see if he's any good at RB, which would be a nice bonus for us.

Given what we've got, he's probably the best RB in the Europa squad. No problem at all playing him in the position that he'll probably need to play the rest of the tournament at