Anzhi 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 07/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 37

Disco

Guest bimpy474

stupid that despite it being 0-0, it's probably a worse result than losing 2-1 going into the second leg.

Not aimed at you this but to me this kind of thinking is a thinking of a retard.

We know we just have to win the home leg, no 1-0, away goal, no 2-1 extra time, no 3-2 they go through.

We win, that's it.

Could see us sitting back on a 0-1 and being punished for it at sjp. now we know we need to win, draws no good so have to go for it.

I'd not put that past Pards though. "Alright lads, need to hold the lead in the second leg."

Elliot - 7. One shaky moment but better distribution and a couple of good saves.

Simpson - 7. Held the line well. Typically useless in possession.

Perch - 9. Absolutely outstanding. Handled Traore extremely well given the height difference.

Yanga-Mbiwa - 9. Sublime performance. So classy and assured.

Haidara - 7. Very confident at the back.

Cabaye - 6. Alright. Led by example.

Anita - 6. Good in the first half, faded, but ticked over nicely in the middle.

Marveaux - 6. Flattered to deceive.

Sissoko - 7. Typically powerful performance.

Obertan - 4. Absolutely dreadful. Gave the ball away every time I think.

Ben Arfa - 5. Nothing really worked for him but it was a decent run-out. Should have buried that chance.

Could see us sitting back on a 0-1 and being punished for it at sjp. now we know we need to win, draws no good so have to go for it.

theres go for it and go for it though. no need to go all out from the first minute. as important not to concede as score for the first hour or so.

For me thats a great result, hats off to Pardew for the way the team set-up. 

With the exception of HBA thats is all though it doesn't look like he had many other choices, Obertan as usual was crap but Anita and Mbiwa were the star performers IMO

stupid that despite it being 0-0, it's probably a worse result than losing 2-1 going into the second leg.

No it's not, win and we're through, lose the away leg 2-1 and draw 0-0 at home we're out after 90 mins, draw 0-0 now and we've got extra time.

Didn't look like a back four that had never played together before. Perch and MYM in particular were excellent.

Confident that we'll attack better at SJP. Something which will hopefully be aided by a lack of Obertan.

Elliot - 7. One shaky moment but better distribution and a couple of good saves.

Simpson - 7. Held the line well. Typically useless in possession.

Perch - 9. Absolutely outstanding. Handled Traore extremely well given the height difference.

Yanga-Mbiwa - 9. Sublime performance. So classy and assured.

Haidara - 7. Very confident at the back.

Cabaye - 6. Alright. Led by example.

Anita - 6. Good in the first half, faded, but ticked over nicely in the middle.

Marveaux - 6. Flattered to deceive.

Sissoko - 7. Typically powerful performance.

Obertan - 4. Absolutely dreadful. Gave the ball away every time I think.

Ben Arfa - 5. Nothing really worked for him but it was a decent run-out. Should have buried that chance.

Marveaux was no better than Obertan IMO

In the pre-match thread people kept banging on about coming back with anything other than a loss, and we just did that.  Keep it tight and home and be a bit more adventurous up front and we could easily be going into the next round.

I don't get that, though. I mean, a goal here is way more valuable than a goal at home.  We don't really score a lot of goals per game, so if they get 1 next week, we're kinda f***ed.

Not if we score 2

Guest bimpy474

No it's not, win and we're through, lose the away leg 2-1 and draw 0-0 at home we're out after 90 mins, draw 0-0 now and we've got extra time.

Thinking losing but getting an away goal seems to something people say a lot lately, total nonsense imo.  A draw is always better than a loss, away goal or not.

Not aimed at you this but to me this kind of thinking is a thinking of a retard.

We know we just have to win the home leg, no 1-0, away goal, no 2-1 extra time, no 3-2 they go through.

We win, that's it.

You can aim it at him. :thup:

Guest bimpy474

We win, that's it.

You can aim it at him. :thup:

I posted that wrong, i didn't mean any offence to him at all. It's more that kind of thinking has become like a fashion, from the so called experts to normal fans now.

Just dont get it me. I can see the sentiment but not the logic.