First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

March 1971, beat Cloughie's Derby 3-1, Alan Foggon scored two. Me dad was going with his mate and it was a nothing midtable game (no money for League positions in those days), no big crowd or bother expected, nice sunny spring day, and I'd been whining to go for ages, so he finally gave in.

Derby won the League the next season.

Missed the UEFA Cup carry-on that season and the previous two (disqualified on age grounds) and we only qualified once in my next 23 years of match-going, when we got knocked out early doors and relegated the same season. :lol: FML.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/newcastle-united-v-norwich-city-08-april-1995-22096/

Newcastle 3-0 Norwich - Beardsley x 2, Kitson, April 8th 1995.

I was 5 years old, remember getting changed into my top and shorts (white shorts, blue star top) under the table at my friends (football) birthday party, couldn't wait, and loved seeing Beardsley, my favourite player, getting two. Have one clear image of the match in my head.

Guest Geordiesned

I can't actually remember my first game. It was in 1980, I was 5 and I spent the whole match people watching, eating sweets and monster munch and I wanted to leave at half time as I was bored.

Newcastle 8 - 0 Sheffield Wed ... Hooked me for life .. Went back 10 years later for the 5-1 pounding of the mackems .. Pretty luck I am.

Need to choose my next game wisely .. If we make the final of Europa .. I'm going to Amsterdam for the week.

May 9th 1993 - NUFC 7 - 1 Leicester City

David Kelly was my favourite player at the time and he got a hat trick. Cole got a hat trick and Rob Lee scored. Perfect match. I was 9 and went with my dad and my uncle.

Man City at home 1976 in the cup.  Got beaten 3-1.  5 years old in the seats with me Dad and big brother who bought me a wagon wheel the size of a frizbee and a bovril that never seemed to cool down.  Can't remember much about the game other than the noise, the black and white and my Dad shouting at our defence for being rubbish.  Has anything really changed? 

I remember going to see them twice when Mirandinha was playing. Once was against West Ham and the other time I actually went with my Stepdad and his friend Tom Watts who played "Lofty" out of Eastenders remember him?  :lol: He was a massive Arsenal fan, can't remember where we sat though. Can't remember which match was the first one.

Must have been 87 or 88 for both games though at a guess.

Guest Roger Kint

1986/87 - Charlton at home. Got beat 3-0 and some fat bloke snapped the Gallowgate crossbar after the game, may have been our last home game that season.

Edit: Just realised i went to a testimonial games or friendly or something about a year or two earlier but cant remember who the hell it was against so that would have been my first. Was only about 5 so god help me working it out.

I have stong memories of another match in the mid 80s, first game of the season was Liverpool at home...I think they egged us 4 nil, Steve Nichol hatrick and ian rush picked one up.

I think it was the same summer the Chronicle were running the story the toon were after Ian Rush that summer.  :lol: :lol:

I think my first game was Shearer's proper debut... Away at Lincoln at Sincil Bank, think we won 2-0 and Shearer scored a peno. Shaka was in goal too!

Part of the Darren Huckerby deal I think? My Dad was at that game, he's got a booklet full of autographs from the pub afterwards. He got Ginola's autograph for my Mum, he wrote 'best wishes Vicki' (she's called Nicki).

My first was November '98, 1-1 at home to Blackburn. Lost on penalties.

Ahh didn't know it was part of the Huckerby deal! Was a good game though!

Man City at home 1976 in the cup.  Got beaten 3-1.  5 years old in the seats with me Dad and big brother who bought me a wagon wheel the size of a frizbee and a bovril that never seemed to cool down.  Can't remember much about the game other than the noise, the black and white and my Dad shouting at our defence for being rubbish.  Has anything really changed? 

I had a Wagon Wheel at my first game as well, was in the East Stand with my uncle and my cousin. I seem to recall getting a tube of orange flavoured boiled sweets as well. Alan Kennedy scored early in the game in a 1-0 win over Boro and i remember being mesmorised by people climbing the floodlight pylons.

The only thing i remember about the actual game is the goal and can still picture it now in my mind.

Guest expat in the pool

The 2-1 against Everton with the Shearer volley. I was about 11 so not a bad start!

i watched that in a pub in liverpool with about 10 evertonions mates,  fuck did i have a laugh  the pub was rammed and you could feel the hatred towards me as i ran around my table with one arm up ( Maranto's on Lark Lane )

cant remenber my first match, early eighties football was shite and i bunked into gallowgate.  my memory is shite too much good living since and still

No idea of the year or the date, but it was a 1-0 win over Leicester City.

We dominated the game from start to finish, there keeper Tim Flowers won Man of the Match I believe and he pulled off save after save after save, in the last minute of the game we managed to nick a winner through a Carl Cort goal.