Newcastle 1 - 0 Anzhi - 14/03/13 (1 - 0 on agg) post-match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest icemanblue

Fucking excellent. 45 minutes of boredom, followed by 45 minutes of frustration. Still went home absolutely fucking buzzing. Football, eh. :lol:

Pardew out tbh.

Oh aye, I mean, obviously. Definitely. Dreadful stuff. :lol:

Fucking get in!! Quarter finals of European competition.

"We know you like Talksport. That's why you're here, right?"

:yao: :yao:

I don't usually agree with Pardew, but he's spot on in that interview. Like that he says that he don't want an English team for the fans as well.

JC was on about corners after the Stoke game in an NUFCTV interview, how "the gaffa & Stoney have had a go" and he guesses he should step up now and try. Wonder in that Conga corner was a JC one

:lol:

2 blokes in our row got up and left when the 3 minutes injury time board went up.

Why?????? Despite the game being finely poised and the injury time winner we were heading for 30 minutes ET anyway!!!!

I don't understand why people do it.

Maybe unavoidable travel commitments

Elliot - 7 - did alreet

Santon - 6 - turns out he's not much better at RB

Taylor - 8 - solid and led by example

Yanga-Mbiwa - 6.5 - mixed up some brilliant defending with some unbelievable slack stuff

Haidara - 6 - naive but never shyed away from wanting it

Cabaye - 5 - poor, then went off

Tiote - 4 - atrocious on the ball, not much better off it

Anita - 5 - standard does a little bit but not that much performance

Marveaux - 8 - easily the best attacker, pretty much our only threat all night

Cisse - 6.5 - goal but nowt else

Sissoko - 6 -  easily nullified but persisted regardless

SUBS

Jonas - 7.5 - kept it ticking over well the s*** b******, sell him

Campbell - 5.5 - made some canny runs but an odd player to bring on

Not sure how you can give Mbiwa 6.5, I don't think he put a foot wrong all night.

Wow, what an amazing night - certainly one I'll never forget! Atmosphere was spectacular and it'll only get better now we're in the FUCKING QUARTER FINALS :frantic:

Taylor was near-perfection tonight, Yanga-Mbiwa wasn't far behind and Marveaux was our only attacking threat. Still think we were better than them and deserved the win even though it was an ugly match, full of frustration. We were fine until we got to the box, our lot always wanted those extra touches.

Jonas was very good, Elliot's distribution is fantastic and Pardew's subs were good. I've completely had enough of Tiote though, I thought he was absolutely terrible tonight - it was embarassing at times.

But it's amazing to be in the Quarters, I never thought we'd get this far and I really hope we avoid Spurs/Chelsea. The moment the goal went in was fucking phenomenal and is why I love this club.

Amazing night :clap:

Never seen a match ever end like that though.  It took a while to register that the players had stopped celebrating the goal and were celebrating the win,  thought the ref would have at least restarted the game and then blew up for full time.

Aye same, I didn't realise how close we were to full time.

Fantastic to have a finish like that. We had a helping hand with the red card, I can't remember what the first booking was like but the second was justified.

First one was him pulling Tiote fairly deep in our half on our left hand side when we were about to start a counter attack IIRC, definite booking.

Aye same, I didn't realise how close we were to full time.

Fantastic to have a finish like that. We had a helping hand with the red card, I can't remember what the first booking was like but the second was justified.

First one was him pulling Tiote fairly deep in our half on our left hand side when we were about to start a counter attack IIRC, definite booking.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Fair enough then.

Anyone see the Russian bird in the Milburn stand waving the flag?

Looked areet from where I was sitting. Didnt know what steak and blowjob was in Russian though unfortunately

No, I didn't notice the Russian lass wearing the brown leather jacket and jeans.

I wasn't able to see the game, but the goal came at exactly the right time - no time for them to try for an equaliizer, which was vital.

The comments about Marveaux don't surprise me - I always thought he had class and since he had the op in the summer, he has been really good ; I did see the goal on the news and his ball in was excellent, similar to the one that created a goal for Ba at Arsenal. He can see a great pass long before any player on the books with the possible exception of Cabaye.

Taylor seems to have come of age now as a CB but the problem is keeping him fit - the thought of Williamson joining MYM is a bit scary...it was vital to keep a clean sheet and full marks to the CBs for doing it.

From what I've read, we are not creating enough chances in the box and I still reckon a new striker is vital in summer. As for the rest of the tournament, its going to be tough now ; I still wouldn't fancy us against Chelsea over 2 legs although we MIGHT have a chance v Spurs ; Fenerbache is a really tough nut because Turkey is not a good place to go to get a result and Italian teams are always tough to beat.

We have done well to get this far - when we won this competition in 1969, we didn't have a problem scoring goals....4 against Feyenoord, 5 v Vitoria Setubal, 3(home AND away) v Ujpest in the Final....even when we had a really tough game against Zaragoza we managed goals in the away leg that enabled us to get through on the AG ruling after narrowly beating them at SJP.

No such goal feast this time and we will need to step up the goal threat if we want to progress...and not just from one or two players either....

I wasn't able to see the game, but the goal came at exactly the right time - no time for them to try for an equaliizer, which was vital.

The comments about Marveaux don't surprise me - I always thought he had class and since he had the op in the summer, he has been really good ; I did see the goal on the news and his ball in was excellent, similar to the one that created a goal for Ba at Arsenal. He can see a great pass long before any player on the books with the possible exception of Cabaye.

Taylor seems to have come of age now as a CB but the problem is keeping him fit - the thought of Williamson joining MYM is a bit scary...it was vital to keep a clean sheet and full marks to the CBs for doing it.

From what I've read, we are not creating enough chances in the box and I still reckon a new striker is vital in summer. As for the rest of the tournament, its going to be tough now ; I still wouldn't fancy us against Chelsea over 2 legs although we MIGHT have a chance v Spurs ; Fenerbache is a really tough nut because Turkey is not a good place to go to get a result and Italian teams are always tough to beat.

We have done well to get this far - when we won this competition in 1969, we didn't have a problem scoring goals....4 against Feyenoord, 5 v Vitoria Setubal, 3(home AND away) v Ujpest in the Final....even when we had a really tough gane against Zaragoza we managed goals in the away leg that enabled us to get through on the AG ruling after narrowly beating them at SJP.

No such goal feast this time and we will need to step up the goal threat if we want to progress...and not just from one or two players either....

We're far too cautious and too often we've only got one player in the box to aim at, sometimes we've got nobody at all to aim at.  Santon ran one ball right to the line and looked up only to see that he had nobody making a run, his ball in was poor and I think that was mainly because of the lack of bodies.  He looked and saw nobody and was in two minds about what to do so ended up losing possession.