Newcastle 1 - 0 Anzhi - 14/03/13 (1 - 0 on agg) post-match reaction from page 36

Dave

Seems the Spurs fans want to draw us in the Quarter Finals.

Not that surprising. Are we not the worst team left in it? :lol:

We might not be that good but we seem to have a knack of grinding out results over two legs. Haven't conceded a goal in our last four games.

Loved Roberto Carlos running onto the pitch and smacking the ball.

Etoo was really good tonight I thought too

Aye, Eto'o was class tonight, much much better than last week.

I was gonna say he showed Cisse how to be a really effective striker.

But I'll leave that for another day

Not that surprising. Are we not the worst team left in it? :lol:

We're essentially going to be seen as the golden ticket for every team tomorrow. :lol:

Fuck it, back to positivity. Two more games in Europe! :aww:

Jonas MOTM simply because I thought we were completely f***ed when Cabaye went off injured. El Galgo put in a stunning performance in the middle of midfield (the only position he can play) that kept us on the front foot for most of the game.

Taylor had one of his best ever games in the shirt and put in the kind of performance that should have seen him called up to the England squad, and a starting place in the next two internationals tbh. He was THAT good.

Mbiwa, Marveaux and Elliot complete the set of players who did very well overall imo. Cisse might have edged in there scoring the excellent winner.

Sissoko, Haidara and Anita were not at their best, but still put in a shift.

Tiote and Santon should take a long look at the video and themselves. Something needs sorting out in their heads.

P.S. This "shooooooooot" business when Tiote has the ball has gone a step too far.

Sod all the above though, what matters is we won!!! When exactly are we allowed to start believing we'll be in Amsterdam on May 15th? :indi:

Not that surpfrising. Are we not the worst team left in it? :lol:

Fuck off, ffs.  Honestly.

Wonderful moment, brilliant result, deserved victory and a personal best-ever individual moment at SJP, that was right up there for me. Magic. :)

Guest ItalianMagpie

Looks like the Man City away match on 30th of Mar could be a write-off, I'd be happy to play a weakened team to keep our best players fit for the quarter final.

Relegation fight is not over yet...

Looks like the Man City away match on 30th of Mar could be a write-off, I'd be happy to play a weakened team to keep our best players fit for the quarter final.

Relegation fight is not over yet...

Yes it is, we're fighting for a top half position now.

Jonas MOTM simply because I thought we were completely fucked when Cabaye went off injured. El Galgo put in a stunning performance in the middle of midfield (the only position he can play) that kept us on the front foot for most of the game.

Taylor had one of his best ever games in the shirt and put in the kind of performance that should have seen him called up to the England squad, and a starting place in the next two matches tbh. He was THAT good.

Mbiwa, Marveaux and Elliot complete the set of players who did very well overall imo. Cisse might have edged in there scoring the excellent winner.

Sissoko, Haidara and Anita were not at their best, but still put in a shift.

Tiote and Santon should take a long look at the video and themselves. Something needs sorting out in their heads.

P.S. This "shooooooooot" business when Tiote has the ball has gone a step too far.

Sod all the above though, what matters is we won!!! When exactly are we allowed to start believing we'll be in Amsterdam on May 15th? :indi:

Yes. Please.