NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

Most owners are using accountancy rules to get money into clubs ahead of FFP with high levels of sponsorship. MA on the other hand is taking money out through the free advertising to limit his club. The £111m is a red herring as effectively this was in the purchase price, he only got the club for £140m as we owed £111m for the stadium build. Obviously he could have forced the club to borrow commercially to cover this but with no substantive assets the interest would be high. There is an element of MA giving with one hand and taking with the other. What I don't understand is why SD don't pay top dollar as he only owns 70 of SD but all of NUFC. Maybe there are governance issues with SD being listed.

So this finally shows that the only reason he's here is to advertise SD. Wouldn't European competition actually help that?

Nope, not allowed to advertise anything other than official UEFA sponsors.

Good point. Shit. Stuck with him and attempts to not get relegated for the next 10 years then.

Guest neesy111

Not really, if no transaction takes place then no VAT is due, surely? You can't have theoretical VAT on non-purchases can you?

Nope, hence the reason it's called Value Added Tax as it needs to be added onto something.

So this finally shows that the only reason he's here is to advertise SD. Wouldn't European competition actually help that?

We did in the Europa League though.

Always baffled me why he doesn't go full hog and just stick it on the kits n all. Club could definitely afford it now if they were paying bot all (which they would).

Sure I can remember "£33m" coming from Pardew or Llambias or someone, re last January. Shock horror it was £5m less than that over two transfer windows. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21965516

There will be a spend in the summer

in January we had a net £31m spend

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140225/newcastle-united-201213-financial-figures_2281670_3686538

the Club's cash outlay on players was £28.7million

the £11.1million it recouped on outgoing players

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/6254527/Kevin-Keegan-awarded-2m-in-damages-statement-in-full.html

The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

:thup:

Makes for depressing reading, apart from the Ashley apologists. Just reaffirms that the club is being used to promote Sports Direct, at the expense of the club itself. And since this is successful for him, why would he look to sell as long as the TV cash keeps on coming, along with selling our best players?

He's got the fans by the bollocks and knows it too. :thdn:

Makes for depressing reading, apart from the Ashley apologists. Just reaffirms that the club is being used to promote Sports Direct, at the expense of the club itself. And since this is successful for him, why would he look to sell as long as the TV cash keeps on coming, along with selling our best players?

but John Anderson says all is well and you are ungrateful..........

but John Anderson says all is well and you are ungrateful..........

Ando does what Radio Newcastle tell him, I imagine. If he were too critical of the club, he would find himself out of a job. Radio Newcastle say they aren't the mouthpiece of the club, but I think they pander to them as much as The Chronicle used to.

Hmm not sure about that, I remember the Sports Direct hoardings in the languages of each opposition we faced last season.

Champions League may be. :yao:

But it's written on the f***ing roof!

Those old codgers from Wonga repainted the roof

But it's written on the f***ing roof!

Those old codgers from Wonga repainted the roof

I meant the plastic lettering on the east stand. Forgot it was painted on the Gallowgate :anguish:

Hmm not sure about that, I remember the Sports Direct hoardings in the languages of each opposition we faced last season.

Champions League may be. :yao:

Now available in Greece ect.

The fact that he's getting that advertising free for space as a justification for the 'interest free' debt we owe him means he will not seek to get the money back until he sells the club. He's milking money out of the club through lost advertising yet not reducing the debt. I mean I wouldn't mind as much, but don't call it interest free you f***ing obese pig.

This.

I dunno. The value of the advertising is still a fraction of the loan. I know what you mean though, it's a dodgy justification for free advertising. They should just say he's taking it as a benefit of owning us, which is normal-ish when someone owns two related businesses.