Benfica 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 62

Dave

Two stupid goals to let in, but what the hell, we're still in this. Although not really in a position to do so, I urge all of you who haven't got a ticket for the 2nd leg to get one asap, your support might make the difference.

Do you guys think that the clash against Sunderland just after the 2nd leg will somehow lead you to overlook a bit our game?

A lot depends on how we do against Fulham on Sunday. If we lose that Pardew might get scared and rest few against you.

If we lose, I'll be fucking scared

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

By the way, how old is Ameobi? I remember him from Championship Manager 1986/87 or so  :buck2:

He's ageless, the everlasting potential, never to be fulfilled.

Some sort of Highlander that never cut any head off.

Newcastle started very well, actually impressed me. Not everyday you see a team controlling at Estádio da Luz, even if for 15 min (more or less). Was expecting a much more defensive attitude, looking at your last performances in EL and the very little I know about Alan Pardew. Cissé is quality, Sissoko as well. And Krul, of course. Great goalie.

Regarding Benfica, atrocious first 15min in both halves, but we eventually played some football and I believe it was a deserved win in the end. Half-time, game on.

Newcastle started very well, actually impressed me. Not everyday you see a team controlling at Estádio da Luz, even if for 15 min (more or less). Was expecting a much more defensive attitude, looking at your last performances in EL and the very little I know about Alan Pardew. Cissé is quality, Sissoko as well. And Krul, of course. Great goalie.

Regarding Benfica, atrocious first 15min in both halves, but we eventually played some football and I believe it was a deserved win in the end. Half-time, game on.

O0

I'll be at the return leg at St James. Basically what I'm trying to say is that my very presence will be the sole reason our team will be ultra-lifted and super motivated to win this tie.

Shola will have this 3-monthly good game and Benfica will be shell-shocked by the mackem slayer. Need to sleep now, had one too many.

In other news, Spurs are pretty much out. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be quaking in their boots at the thoughts of winning in... Switzerland. :lol:

If Bale is out it's a blow, but I imagine they'll still go to Basel and win.

:lol: Have you seen Basel? They're really good. They were better tactically, worked really hard and broke at speed. A proper good side, was very impressed tonight.

I think we might sneak it, but we're likely to be missing Defoe, Lennon, Lloris and Bale, (and Kaboul and Sandro). No width at all. It's going to be a cracking match if tonight is anything to go by.

Are any of you Benfica lads coming to England for the second leg?

To be honest I'm now in a part of my life with lots of changes and I just don't have the patience to take care of everything.

Let's meet in the future here in Portugal in the summer.

God we're gonna get so much drunk.

Guest eagleye

Aye, just gotta say, Papiss was brilliant and well up for it tonight.

Let me disagree. The man of the match was Antony Gautier!