Benfica 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 62

Dave

People must be more optimistic than on here because tickets are selling like billy-o for the home leg, even at this hour.

Atmosphere will be immense if we score early doors.

Wish I was going like. We're 'in it' just enough for it to be a great atmosphere - I think it really will be. It needs to be. Everyone associated with Newcastle is going to have to be on their game if we're going through.

Who was the Benfica player that pretended do be injured when he scuffed his shot and they were all shouting for a free kick? :lol:

It was Matic, but I don't think it was simulation as such. Stubbed his foot in the ground which can wreck if you jar your whole leg.

looked like he was trying to get a free out of it at the same time

hi there, 1st post on this forum. Props to newcastle fans :)

benfica had a bad start, i think the reason for us to have some problems was André Gomes, in start 11. When u play with only 2 guys on the midfield, they have to bring supreme coordination and tactical approach. He is a fine player, however very young and much to learn. Not ready for this type of games yet i think. Benfica showed better after Enzo Perez sub( usual starter), who works perfectly siding with matic. With this two man in the midfield, i believe u dont stand much of a chance in SJP.

Even with this ( and other ) changes, i expected more from newcastle. The referee....well. I wont even talk about him.

I expect some more football in your home match. Good luck!

http://randomgifs.com/images/gsimpson.gif

People must be more optimistic than on here because tickets are selling like billy-o for the home leg, even at this hour.

I'd give us about a 25% chance of going through. That away goal is massive, as it allows us to really go for it without absolutely shitting ourself if we concede.

I wouldn't back us to beat Reading by 2 or more goals at home, myself :lol:

I'd barely fancy us to beat our seven-a-side by 2 goals. And we are f***ing gash, even for a seven-a-side team :laugh:

We won by two goals in our 2nd to last home game btw.

Hope everyone's put a day's holiday in for the Friday and turns up at least on their way to being pissed for the match.

We're overdue a "magical" European night.

I'd barely fancy us to beat our seven-a-side by 2 goals. And we are f***ing gash, even for a seven-a-side team :laugh:

That result would put us out though.

Hope everyone's put a day's holiday in for the Friday and turns up at least on their way to being pissed for the match.

If we go through, that's exactly what it'll be - regardless of how the game is won. Ideally hope it doesn't go to penalties, though.

That result would put us out though.

Aye i know, just saying we are capable of it.

If we go through, that's exactly what it'll be - regardless of how the game is won. Ideally hope it doesn't go to penalties, though.

I can't see us doing it, but I may feel differently if we beat Fulham. Think we need to do that in order to be in the right frame of mind to go at Benfica.

Think you put the same in the Fulham thread, so definitely agree with you on it. Everything needs to align.

Indeed, which is why I massively disagree with the likes of Neesy that would rather rest players should we lose to Fulham. The confidence boost before the mackems should we go through would be massive

I can't see us doing it, but I may feel differently if we beat Fulham. Think we need to do that in order to be in the right frame of mind to go at Benfica.

Think you put the same in the Fulham thread, so definitely agree with you on it. Everything needs to align.

My head says we'll not manage it, if I'm being brutally honest with myself.

Guest neesy111

Ugh, knowing that I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning even more frustrated than I am now is gauling. Fucking rubbish, fucking stupid, stupid cunts! Argh!

Just be an awkward twat in the Pardew thread to cheer yourself up.

Thats why it will be magical, because not many people can see us doing it.

Really I can't see us doing it (though I think on our day we are capable), however I'm not prepared to right it off as others are.

Pardew saying he thinks Taylor was really unlucky with the penalty decision. The deluded twat should be sacked for that alone.

Do you go out of your way to attack Pardew in EVERY post? It gets old like.

Makes it 10000x worse when we're the architects of our own downfall like tonight.

They're a good side, but not amazing and didn't create a clear cut chance really, lots of decent chances but we created the 3 best chances in the game. So, so frustrating.

:scared:

Anyone else thinks that it should have been Campbell that should have come on for Marveaux? Think it would have been as well had we not conceded.

aye Pardew wants sacking for this alone.