Benfica 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 62

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Scoreline is pretty great, performance was too until that few seconds when we hit the post and they scored. Since then they've noticably stepped up and we're struggling to cope with their passing and movement.

Pardew needs to tweak things a bit whilst retaining our attacking threat because if we get a foothold in the game again there's another goal for us here.

One thing that bugs the hell out of me is. Why have someone like Perch (usually Tiote), if they dont sit in front of the back four where this team are getting space.

Perch just chases it until he's completely passed out of the move. Just sit in the f***ing middle ffs.

Yep, his work as a DM is normally ok except when he has to deal with a no 10 type and he can't cope.

Exactly, when you have a number ten dropping off, sit in the space and pick him then, Perch is chasing the ball higher up and leaving the 10 to pick the ball up.

Cabaye should help him but Perch is the proper DM in my opinion. But this is a problem we have had ever since we have played this 4-2-3-1. The two in the middle, neither sits properly, both chase the ball leaving us vunerable to the space between our defence and midfield.

Absolutely terrifying first half.

It's 1-1, away at Lissbon. Not too bad at all imo.

I've had 13 heart attacks.

Then just calm down. :thup:

It's about the tie, not just about the match.

What's that even mean?

Typical Pardew. Go 0-1 up and let them back in to it. Get that cunt out & he can take Simpson and Jonas off too. Sick of the pair of them, waste of wages.

MOM - Cabaye, definitely doing stuff.

You watching the match? Jonas and Simpson have done well tonight, Simpson especially.

Yeah, that's rubbish. Both have played fine, particularly Jonas.

They had us sussed by the end of the first half. Lets hope its not another Pardew one half wonder and the other entire collapse. They gave us way too much space in the beginning of the first half and looked scared stiff tbh. Back to confidence and closing us down. We need to fight back and attack them otherwise we will have the same treatment as the last 15 minutes of the first half.. accept with Benfica growing in confidence with each attack.

Credit to Pardew and the coaching team so far.. but I am not expecting anything other than a sit back and get raped effort this half. Hope I am wrong.

Our closing down is nigh on horrific today btw.

Guest bimpy474

@SamWallaceIndy

Chelsea pitch announcer Neil Barnett just asked for a round of applause for the two Basel goalscorers.

What a shite club.

That's just pathetic, what a shithouse club.

what the fuck cLEARLY NOT YOU PIECE OF CRAP. YEAH IM TALKING TO ME

STOP PLAYING AHA TAKE ON ME YOU SPEAKER YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

IM behind artur goal before your goal

THat FUCkKIN REPUBLICAN ENGLISHMAN IS CROSSIN FOR THE GOAL BITCH. 1.0

i was like StOp WITH INSTAGRAM MADNESS YOU pre pubed bitches

ThAt KEEPER HATES MONARCHS ALRIGHT

I told him: Hello sir!

HI

STOP SAVING BALLS GOD DAMMI

I love DIplomac

then .. 1.1

It FELT LIKE A BREeZe nursing my genitalia

sorry for the mess. Cell phone sucks

Absolutely terrifying first half.

It's 1-1, away at Lissbon. Not too bad at all imo.

I've had 13 heart attacks.

Then just calm down. :thup:

It's about the tie, not just about the match.

What's that even mean?

:lol: :lol:

We need that second goal. Even a 3-2 loss isn't the worst result in the world to bring back over here.

Be positive as I think their back 4 will give chances out if we're brave enough to push them.

Aye, they looked very ordinary in the first 20 minutes

Probably because we actually pressed properly and gave them little space to operate.... after that though...

Not sure why this is such a recurring theme but i can't complain too much as currently i'd take this result all day long.