Benfica 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 62

Dave

My view, FWIW, is that you'll rightly be gutted with how you conceded the goals (perhaps Krul could have done better, ridiculous backpass, ridiculous penalty to give away), but the scoreline, IMO, was fair.

However I don't think this tie is over. They do not look solid at all at the back and on another night you could have scored more.

I agree except that I think the scoreline was hard on us. Two freaks goals and also an excellent potential situation stopped with a wrong offside call.

Aye. Lose by one would have been fair, this hurts like fuck though. Two such rubbish goals to just give away, and being massively unlucky with both those off the post.

Can totally see this, tbh. The "3-1 was fair" mentality is coming from quite a cold, hard look at the game. Perhaps the 3rd was a bit harsh. Especially when hitting the post twice (albeit let's not take anything away from the keeper for the first time), it's hard to accept.

Put it this way: you're not out of this, not by a long shot. I can easily see you scoring a couple next week. Keeping a clean sheet though is a whole different ball game.

I thought Yanga Mwbia was dreadful tonight, at fault for their first, really slow reactions and on a couple of occasions was lucky not to be punished. Not sure about him yet tbh.

Stifler, how the f*** was the arm accidental, he grabs his balls immediately to get away with it :lol:

I'm sorry but footballers are told time and time again to keep their hands down their side, Taylor did this, he didn't raise his hand at all, it hit his shoulder at first. If you are told to keep your arms by your side and when you do that the ball hits you and penalties are still given then we might as well just chop our arms off because thats the only way handball isn't ever going to be given.

He pushed the ball away with his arm. Sissoko may have affected this by being in front of him and dropping, but he still did it.

Guest neesy111

Some pathetic excuses for Taylor's handball. It's clear as daylight and he has a long history of them.

Stifler, how the fuck was the arm accidental, he grabs his balls immediately to get away with it :lol:

Typical Saylor unfortunately, he's a more-than-decent player but he has these mental moments and probably always will.

I'm assuming Taylor doesn't see the ball because Sissoko (what the hell is he doing?) is in his way and it just hits his arm. Taylor's first reaction when something hits him on his arm is to pretend it hit him somewhere else.

Maybe I suppose, he doesn't do much to get out of the way though.

It's a split second, he's got no chance of reacting to that. That's obviously assuming he does think that Sissoko will get something on it, which is debatable.

Cabaye has got to stop with these daft fouls. Nearly got suspended in the last 15 seconds of the game. Idiotic.

And the first 15 minutes. :lol:

He does those late standing tackles far too often.

He gets away with loads of stuff and should be booked much more often imo.

Faux hardman.

Wore the captains armband like a cloak of invisibility tonight, those 2 tackles aside he was absolutely anonymous just like at City.

Not good or disciplined enough to sit in the hole against teams that aren't shite. Needs to learn his role.

What is Taylor's problem with handballs? Guy's a bloody fool.

I was expecting him to fake a second goalside assassination attempt...

If you look at his reaction, he didn't know what to fake, in the end he tried to go for the old, hit me in the knackers thing, but it was too belated for the ref to buy it.

Cabaye has got to stop with these daft fouls. Nearly got suspended in the last 15 seconds of the game. Idiotic.

Faux hardman.

Wore the captains armband like a cloak of invisibility tonight, those 2 tackles aside he was absolutely anonymous just like at City.

Not good or disciplined enough to sit in the hole against teams that aren't shite. Needs to learn his role.

Have to agree.

Three stupid goals really and it really just isn't good enough.

They are a decent outfit make no mistake, but they aren't anything particularly special. Really, really disappointing. While I am sure we can get a result at home I suspect this is the end of the road.

I'm assuming Taylor doesn't see the ball because Sissoko (what the hell is he doing?) is in his way and it just hits his arm. Taylor's first reaction when something hits him on his arm is to pretend it hit him somewhere else.

It was hand to ball , Taylor knew what he was doing.

It was hand to ball , Taylor knew what he was doing.

100%

Guest neesy111

Faux hardman.

Totally agree.