Newcastle 1 - 1 Benfica - 11/04/13 (2 - 4 on agg) - post-match reaction from p60

Dave

It hasn't been terrible or pathetic. It's been conservative but that was the gameplan so you'll just have to like it or lump it. They've been dangerous and we rode our luck once but that was going to be the nature of the game.

We've shown bursts of promise and although there doesn't appear to be anyone capable of carving a chance now - we've got a lot of creativity on the bench. I still think we can win this.

Exactly, either some people are thick as shit or they're deliberately choosing to whinge for no reason. 

Or they think the manager's doing the wrong thing. I know it's a novel idea but stick with me on this one.

To be fair, he's doing exactly what he said he'd do before the match. Might as well give it a chance to backfire before we crucify him.

I've given him 2 years Stu, the gameplan's always the same. That's not an exaggeration, keep it tight and see if we can nick it is our thing. It's shit.

Footballers like and need a clear job to do in general. Our job is a lot clearer now there's only 45 mins to go. We'll see if they can execute.

Ian, you're a good guy, but honestly you'd sound less daft if you just said 'I agree with everything Pardew does' and leave it at that.

I suppose other people just hate everything by default, so it's not that bad an idea.

He set out his plan before the game, it's debatable whether it's the right one obviously. But it's not pathetic, mental or ridiculous is all I'm saying.

If we'd conceded a goal from one of the myriad of chances they had first half, what would we have done then?

Guest Spark

Footballers like and need a clear job to do in general. Our job is a lot clearer now there's only 45 mins to go. We'll see if they can execute.

Ian, you're a good guy, but honestly you'd sound less daft if you just said 'I agree with everything Pardew does' and leave it at that.

I suppose other people just hate everything by default, so it's not that bad an idea.

He set out his plan before the game, it's debatable whether it's the right one obviously. But it's not pathetic, mental or ridiculous is all I'm saying.

The fact that he set out the plan before the game is neither here nor there. If the plan is shit, then the plan is shit.

It hasn't been terrible or pathetic. It's been conservative but that was the gameplan so you'll just have to like it or lump it. They've been dangerous and we rode our luck once but that was going to be the nature of the game.

We've shown bursts of promise and although there doesn't appear to be anyone capable of carving a chance now - we've got a lot of creativity on the bench. I still think we can win this.

Exactly, either some people are thick as shit or they're deliberately choosing to whinge for no reason. 

blinded by hate tbh.

:lol: what's your excuse then?

im not whinging mate.

I was referring to the blindness bit.

You're right. It's just Pardew for the course.

The fact that he set out the plan before the game is neither here nor there. If the plan is shit, then the plan is shit.

Sure, as I said it's debatable whether the plan is right or not. It's a matter of opinion.