Newcastle 1 - 1 Benfica - 11/04/13 (2 - 4 on agg) - post-match reaction from p60

Dave

Guest Spark

I hope people are this negative just so it´s easier deal with a loss if it happens.

Every match is eye-wateringly shit to watch, and every match the same people are accused of being negative for saying so. :lol:

I hope to God we get the 2 goals we need in the 2nd half but this really isn't the only (or actually the smartest way IMO) to go about it.

Pardew's gameplan: Get to 0-0 until 70th minute, score two goals. If that works, we go through. If it doesn't, we don't.

You may not like the idea of it - but theoretically it is working so far. I can't see why you can't hold the serious criticism until FT on this occasion, because - so far - the formula that is going to win us the game is working. Lots more to do this half, I'll admit.

Why are we only giving ourselves 45 minutes to score two goals when we could have used 90?

Footballers like and need a clear job to do in general. Our job is a lot clearer now there's only 45 mins to go. We'll see if they can execute.

Ian, you're a good guy, but honestly you'd sound less daft if you just said 'I agree with everything Pardew does' and leave it at that.

If you think of the strategy to get us through in phases, it's working so far.

Cabaye for Marveaux and move Bigi into cm.

Wat

He's off the boil. Looks shattered and not having the tenacity he normally has. Bigi is playing an unfamiliar role on the right wing, Marveaux can play as a winger and caused these problems last week.

You don't change a possible gamewinner like Cabaye man.

Simpson has been poor, let the man run in behind him for when Krul had to come out and gather up and then release the ball as it went on the outside of the box, then he just hoofed it out instead of passing it to someone in the centre, put himself under needless pressure.

Cabaye has been poor.