Alan Pardew

Mike

If we sack Pardew tomorrow, who can we bring in for the last 3 games who will make a difference? Will things be that much different if we just plod forward with Carver as caretaker?

Makes all the sense to wait until the end of the season. My god what a shit situation.

Depends if the players have down tools. If they have then he has to go now and hopefully that is enough for them to start fighting again. Yesterday looked like a few of them had had enough and want him gone, or is that reading too much in to it? (Genuine question btw open to everyone to answer)

Guest bimpy474

Seriously don't think there's any need for the inquisition on the "Pardew apologists."

They were just wrong, like a lot of us were. Everyone on here supported Pardew to some degree at some point and there's really no purpose to branding people because they turned on him a little later

And if it were me I certainly wouldn't show my face on this forum knowing that about a half-dozen people were waiting eagerly to use me as a punching bag :lol:

Depends on how much of a twat they were.

agreed

You are going to get tenderised matey :lol:

If we sack Pardew tomorrow, who can we bring in for the last 3 games who will make a difference? Will things be that much different if we just plod forward with Carver as caretaker?

Makes all the sense to wait until the end of the season. My god what a s*** situation.

Depends if the players have down tools. If they have then he has to go now and hopefully that is enough for them to start fighting again. Yesterday looked like a few of them had had enough and want him gone, or is that reading too much in to it? (Genuine question btw open to everyone to answer)

I think yesterday was enough for some of them. Let's not forget that some of these players have won championships and have genuine career ambitions, not pissing about trying to get a point at home when in a serious relegation battle.

Makes all the sense to wait until the end of the season. My god what a s*** situation.

I think yesterday was enough for some of them. Let's not forget that some of these players have won championships and have genuine career ambitions, not pissing about trying to get a point at home when in a serious relegation battle.

The "Thank God the motherfucker is gone" effect might just be enough. There was a significant momentary uptick in performances when Shearer came in despite the poor results. Short term burst is all we need really.

Guest bimpy474

I think the last two home performances are as clear a indicator as you could get that a manager has lost his team.

Seriously don't think there's any need for the inquisition on the "Pardew apologists."

They were just wrong, like a lot of us were. Everyone on here supported Pardew to some degree at some point and there's really no purpose to branding people because they turned on him a little later

And if it were me I certainly wouldn't show my face on this forum knowing that about a half-dozen people were waiting eagerly to use me as a punching bag :lol:

Nah sorry, I'm not on about 'apologists' who have had a genuine opinion and could back it up. They're completely entitled to their opinion and entitled to change it. I'm on about people who have shown up all year to do nothing but openly mock others' concern despite several things staring us all in the face. A few of them hide their online status.

Not so much a twat as vehemently backing the useless cockney when the wheels had already come off, some stubborn refusal to accept what has been glaringly obvious to most for the best part of the season. Really has become indefensible now, hence abstaining to avoid the backlash, which to be fair would be pretty extreme given the raw wounds of yesterday.

Nah sorry, I'm not on about 'apologists' who have had a genuine opinion and could back it up. They're completely entitled to their opinion and entitled to change it. I'm on about people who have shown up all year to do nothing but openly mock others' concern despite several things staring us all in the face. A few of them hide their online status.

Trolls will be trolls, but I think a fair lot of people who had reasonable opinions get painted with the same brush in times like this.

Still kind of expected at least one final attempt to blame the players rather than Pardew for yesterday's display, though valid to a point, ultimately it's Pardews fault the players don't give a shit any more, even they must have been banging their heads on the tunnel wall at yesterday's line up.

Why would anyone ask Steve Wraith for his opinions on football ffs? Ask him about stuff he knows, like how to hold a hilarious funeral, or how scary he is cos he knew the Krays, or how to hoy a couple of pissed students out of Tiger Tiger.

Ludicrous arsehole.

Surely we are all in this ahem , stew (sic) , together ?

Why would anyone ask Steve Wraith for his opinions on football ffs? Ask him about stuff he knows, like how to hold a hilarious funeral, or how scary he is cos he knew the Krays, or how to hoy a couple of pissed students out of Tiger Tiger.

Ludicrous arsehole.

:lol:

For a lot of the home games this season you would have though that we were the away team. Slow out of the blocks and defensively minded (without actually being good defensively). I think most people were demoralised as soon as yesterday's line up was announced. Perch and Tiote? Why? Pardew made a comment after the Sunderland game about us needing to grind out the results to the end of the season. That is probably why he keeps playing defensive players over attacking players. It's not going to work. I'd rather go down attacking than trying to grind out 0 - 0 draws. Stop playing Cisse up front on his own. We need goals to win games so let's go for it by playing two strikers for a start. Ben Arfa has to start. If he has to come off after 70 minutes then so be it. He won't be staying with us next season if we get relegated so we might as well gamble on his fitness now.

I can't believe that he's not getting any stick in the media over the last few results.

Baffling.

It's genuinely staggering tbh.

incredible really. Most on here want him gone and rightly so...but that the protests against him isn´t bigger is a real mystery!

He must go and ashley must accept that he needs to spend the money on a proper manager. We have the squad now give us a manager who is on level with the players.

agree. Hoped we would safe now and ashley had seen the light and sacked pardew first things after the season ended. Think good managers will be available in the summer. Don´t like us to find a new manager in desperation.

Best solution is???