Alan Pardew

Mike

If we get rid now, we should have Graham Carr as caretaker or is that too wishy washy/stupid?

He's a scout, not a coach. His management career was pretty gash.

Saying that, at least he knows the players. He could pick the team, get Carver to rile them up a bit, I'd be happy with that.

Just assessing any sort of potential options we could look to. As it stands (imo) it'll be one of: a Carver/Stone partnership or Beardsley/Donachie as caretaker. I shudder.

If we get rid now, we should have Graham Carr as caretaker or is that too wishy washy/stupid?

Saying that, at least he knows the players. He could pick the team, get Carver to rile them up a bit, I'd be happy with that.

Would this really be that bad an idea for three vital games?

I think this is the most astounding thing. For an owner that wants to promote a long-term, sustainable goal with stability, why the fuck has he picked a scout and manager who are at complete loggerheads regarding the style of football that should be on show? Get a scout and manager who want ugly football, or get a scout and manager who want technical, quality football. Says quite a bit about just how in-depth this long-term 'plan' really extends imo.

Just assessing any sort of potential options we could look to. As it stands (imo) it'll be one of: a Carver/Stone partnership or Beardsley/Donachie as caretaker. I shudder.

Carver/Stone would be the exact same as we play now. They should both get to fuck with Pardew. Shudder, indeed.

I think this is the most astounding thing. For an owner that wants to promote a long-term, sustainable goal with stability, why the fuck has he picked a scout and manager who are at complete loggerheads regarding the style of football that should be on show? Get a scout and manager who want ugly football, or get a scout and manager who want technical, quality football. Says quite a bit about just how in-depth this long-term 'plan' really extends imo.

It's simply because they don't understand football imo.

If we binned him now we'd end up with someone like Joe Kinnear or Dennis Wise in charge.

I'm not sure if it would be that bad but I'm really struggling to think who we'd end up with.

I'd probably stick with him until the last game of the season but don't really care either way, I think we'll be lucky to stay up whatever we do now.

It'd be someone mates with the board in some way, that's if we got anyone at all. No manager of any repute would take on a club this close to relegation with only 3 games left, why on earth would they want that on their CV? :lol:

He needs to be replaced in the summer, whether we stay up or not. I still don't think he will.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would do it, unless they were quite desperate and thought getting 3 or 4 points with that squad was an easy enough task.  Can't help thinking we'd end up getting someone like Mark Hughes or Alan Curbishley.

No reason why we can't get someone much better than that in the summer though obviously.

I think this is the most astounding thing. For an owner that wants to promote a long-term, sustainable goal with stability, why the f*** has he picked a scout and manager who are at complete loggerheads regarding the style of football that should be on show? Get a scout and manager who want ugly football, or get a scout and manager who want technical, quality football. Says quite a bit about just how in-depth this long-term 'plan' really extends imo.

Exactly. We're not just wasting some of the best players we've had in years, we're wasting one of the countries best scouts.

Cabaye as player/manager for 3 games :)  Or Obertan, he has to have a huge brain in there, maybe he's one of those who was a crap player but a great manager.  We could get him early!  Gabby will lead us in a 60 year domination of English football using his grotesquely massive cranial capacity to win us trophy after trophy until finally succumbing to gravity and fracturing his own skull trying to shout at our hover forward for not using his laser right.

If we binned him now we'd end up with someone like Joe Kinnear or Dennis Wise in charge.

I'm not sure if it would be that bad but I'm really struggling to think who we'd end up with.

I'd probably stick with him until the last game of the season but don't really care either way, I think we'll be lucky to stay up whatever we do now.

It'd be someone mates with the board in some way, that's if we got anyone at all. No manager of any repute would take on a club this close to relegation with only 3 games left, why on earth would they want that on their CV? :lol:

He needs to be replaced in the summer, whether we stay up or not. I still don't think he will.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would do it, unless they were quite desperate and thought getting 3 or 4 points with that squad was an easy enough task.  Can't help thinking we'd end up getting someone like Mark Hughes or Alan Curbishley.

No reason why we can't get someone much better than that in the summer though obviously.

There's one massive reason, and that's why we have to roll the dice imo.

We don't need a master tactician, just someone to lift the malaise and tell the players to play with a bit of positivity. It it doesn't work, we've lost nothing. If we keep Pardew for three more games, we'll lose everything.

Carver/Stone would be the exact same as we play now. They should both get to f*** with Pardew. Shudder, indeed.

Carver has taken control of one game for us and we won it 3-0, I'd rather take a chance on him than Pardew against Arsenal if we need points.

Cabaye as player/manager for 3 games :)  Or Obertan, he has to have a huge brain in there, maybe he's one of those who was a crap player but a great manager.  We could get him early!  Gabby will lead us in a 60 year domination of English football using his grotesquely massive cranial capacity to win us trophy after trophy until finally succumbing to gravity and fracturing his own skull trying to shout at our hover forward for not using his laser right.

Probably more likely than him getting another assist :lol:

Cabaye who isn't even fit to captain.

Carver/Stone would be the exact same as we play now. They should both get to f*** with Pardew. Shudder, indeed.

Carver has taken control of one game for us and we won it 3-0, I'd rather take a chance on him than Pardew against Arsenal if we need points.

What game was this?

There's one massive reason, and that's why we have to roll the dice imo.

:lol: Aye, true.  I think I'm trying to block that possibility out, I was in denial last time it happened as well.  I just think we'll struggle whatever we do now, it's a crap situation.

Love how you didn't question the rest of the post :lol:

Guest neesy111

No.

Carver is just a yes man, like Terry Mac was.  Hopeless at management, we beat a fucking woeful Blackburn team nothing to shout about.

What game was this?

Blackburn in 2004. Carver's as thick as pigshite, man. He should be sacked with Pardew.

I'd love Wigan to go down and we replace this plonker with Martinez

What's the bloody fascination with Martinez??? Ive asked this many times..

Is the football wigan play REALLY that good??? they always struggle..

No.

Carver is just a yes man, like Terry Mac was.  Hopeless at management, we beat a fucking woeful Blackburn team nothing to shout about.

I'd take that against QPR.

Love how you didn't question the rest of the post :lol:

:lol: Nobody can argue with the Obertan stuff.

We don't need a master tactician, just someone to lift the malaise and tell the players to play with a bit of positivity. It it doesn't work, we've lost nothing. If we keep Pardew for three more games, we'll lose everything.

This is what I don't understand. People saying "Oh dear - we can't get rid of him now. Who replaces him? What if we go down?"

We're hardly in the heartiest of positions if we stick with him for the last three :lol: