Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

Hmm so putting my head above the firing line to say my personal opinion hasn't changed it is increasingly looking likely he'll be off in the summer. Hard to see how he can recover from this barring winning the last 3 games 9-0 or something. Don't see the point of sacking someone with 3 games to go though so don't think that will happen

It would stop Pardew from being in charge of training, starting eleven, subs, tactics, everything. Sacking him now is a must.

It's far from a must, like. It'll be hard to stomach for a lot on here, but we're better off with a manager than without. Sacking him now leaves us entirely rudderless and could possibly indisputably convince some of the players, who haven't exactly looked arsed recently, that we're on our way down.

Hmm so putting my head above the firing line to say my personal opinion hasn't changed it is increasingly looking likely he'll be off in the summer. Hard to see how he can recover from this barring winning the last 3 games 9-0 or something. Don't see the point of sacking someone with 3 games to go though so don't think that will happen

It would stop Pardew from being in charge of training, starting eleven, subs, tactics, everything. Sacking him now is a must.

while leaving us completely rudderless in a relegation battle with 3 games to go with no replacement likely for those 3 games.

It's far from a must, like. It'll be hard to stomach for a lot on here, but we're better off with a manager than without. Sacking him now leaves us entirely rudderless and could possibly indisputably convince some of the players, who haven't exactly looked arsed recently, that we're on our way down.

If we must get points from our remaining home game then I think he needs to go before that.

Guest icemanblue

Just getting rid of Pardew would raise performances tbh, we don't need a caretaker.

That's quite an assumption. Is there some kind of precedent for this actually working? I can only think of Wolves when they let McCarthy go. That didn't work out too well.

Just getting rid of Pardew would raise performances tbh, we don't need a caretaker.

Aye, it's not a case of "who comes in" it's a case of "thank fuck he's not here". Him leaving the scene completely is the main priority right now.

Guest icemanblue

If we must get points from our remaining home game then I think he needs to go before that.

Right, but how's that going to help us?

Guest palnese

A chance I'd be willing to take. We simply can't play any worse than we're doing atm.

while leaving us completely rudderless in a relegation battle with 3 games to go with no replacement likely for those 3 games.

And you know that...?

And you know that...?

simple probability, only the most desperate of managers (eg Mark Hughes) would take a club in a relegation battle on with 3 games to go.

Because im bored, seek, and sad, I've just ranked each performance this season either Excellent, Good, Average, Bad or Disgusting. This is what it came out as:

Excellent (1) - Chelsea (h)

Good (3) - Bordeaux (h), Sunderland (a), Metalist (a)

Average (14) - Tottenham (h), Chelsea (a), Everton (a), Norwich (h), Liverpool (a), Wigan (h), Man Utd (a), Aston Villa (a), Tottenham (a), Southampton (h), Anji (a), Anji (h), Benfica (a), Benfica (h)

Bad (27) - Atromitos (a), Atromitos (h), Aston Villa (h), Maritimo (a), Man Utd LC (a), Reading (a), Man Utd (h), Brugge (h), West Brom (h), Brugge (a), West Ham (h), Swansea (h), Maritimo (h), Stoke (a), Bordeaux (a), Fulham (a), Man City (h), QPR (h), Everton (h), Norwich (a), Reading (h), Metalist (h), Swansea (a), Stoke (h), Wigan (a), Fulham (h), West Brom (a)

Disgusting (7) - Southampton (a), Arsenal (a), Brighton (a), Man City (a), Sunderland (h), Liverpool (h)

Feel free to agree or disagree, but imo we've been shit in 34 of our games this season. So the idiots who keep claiming its knee jerk or fickle to want Pardew out can fuck off!

With him we are rudderless, can't handle seeing another of his negative (containing) line ups, tactical ineptitude and puzzling substitutes! "No more goals!" Who fucking says that?? We don't even need a manager to play better, just someone to put the players in their strongest positions and let their football do the talking, round pegs, round holes. It's not fucking rocket science!! Bin the sackless waste of oxygen and let our players play football, we'll get ourselves out of trouble, keep him and we can only pray one of the teams below us doesn't pick any more points up either.

If we binned him now we'd end up with someone like Joe Kinnear or Dennis Wise in charge.

I'm not sure if it would be that bad but I'm really struggling to think who we'd end up with.

I'd probably stick with him until the last game of the season but don't really care either way, I think we'll be lucky to stay up whatever we do now.

If we get rid now, we should have Graham Carr as caretaker or is that too wishy washy/stupid?

He's a scout, not a coach. His management career was pretty gash.

Saying that, at least he knows the players. He could pick the team, get Carver to rile them up a bit, I'd be happy with that.

Guest icemanblue

If we binned him now we'd end up with someone like Joe Kinnear or Dennis Wise in charge.

We wouldn't even get that, man. We'd have Carver and Stone, who most are slating as well!

I'm not sure if it would be that bad but I'm really struggling to think who we'd end up with.

I'd probably stick with him until the last game of the season but don't really care either way, I think we'll be lucky to stay up whatever we do now.

It'd be someone mates with the board in some way, that's if we got anyone at all. No manager of any repute would take on a club this close to relegation with only 3 games left, why on earth would they want that on their CV? :lol:

He needs to be replaced in the summer, whether we stay up or not. I still don't think he will.