Alan Pardew

Mike

Reading some of the comments made on the stories on the Sky Sports website worries me shitless about the amount of numpties out there that allegedly support our team - good god, there's even someone that's convinced we can't sack Pardew due to giving him the 8 year contract last year, that and how they're fed up with the management roulette that we play. Got to be a wind-up surely? If this mythical 8 year contract doesn't have caveats and clauses in it to allow Ashley to ditch Pardew for as little as possible I'd eat my hat! ANd I don't think anyone could say we chop and change managers any more than any other team.

I can see apathy creeping in to some Toon fans already, I hope a lot of them are WUMs, otherwise THAT is worrying.  :sad:

Aye. I've always defended our fans til the end but lately I'm turning against them. The masses of course, not the ones on here that see whats going on. Between those supporting Pardew and those that punch horses/trash our city, I'm horrified.

Ashley might not sack him before the end of the season, but I'm thinking more and more that he might be out the door after that.

Depends on if we show any kind of motivation and urgency in these upcoming games. If Ashley believes the situation is terminal he might well pull the trigger.

Mike Ashley is a self-made billionaire and one of the country's shrewdest business men. Anyone who thinks he's left himself open to having to pay off the full 8 years of Pardew's contract is a fucking moron!

The length of contract was more likely put in place to put off potential suitors, who would have to buy out the remainder if they wanted to poach Pardew. Obviously the contract was given to him while his stock was high and before he showed himself to be a total clown.

As far as i'm concerned we should get rid now. It takes a very special kind of incompetence to create a completely ineffective and impotent team from a highly talented group of players but that's exactly what Pardew has done all season. It's nothing short of criminal.

Remove the problem now and let the players play football the way they can for the last 3 games - no bullshit gameplan, negative setup or square pegs in round holes.

I think unless we win 2 out of our last 3 and performances dont improve massively hes gone. Ashley will be spewing that the 20 mill pounds spent hasnt turned our fortunes around. You can kind of see Ashleys point of view with regards to not sacking him. There is no one you could put into the role long-term with three games left. Its something that can be fixed at seasons end. However if i was Ashley i would have sacked the cunt in december.

Ashley might not sack him before the end of the season, but I'm thinking more and more that he might be out the door after that.

Depends on if we show any kind of motivation and urgency in these upcoming games. If Ashley believes the situation is terminal he might well pull the trigger.

If Ashley cannot see that Pardew has lost the dressing room, then I honestly fear for our Premiership future. Yes the players aren't blameless, but I can only imagine the bewilderment amongst them as they saw the team sheet for Saturday . End of season may well be too late.

I think unless we win 2 out of our last 3 and performances dont improve massively hes gone. Ashley will be spewing that the 20 mill pounds spent hasnt turned our fortunes around. You can kind of see Ashleys point of view with regards to not sacking him. There is no one you could put into the role long-term with three games left. Its something that can be fixed at seasons end. However if i was Ashley i would have sacked the c*** in december.

I genuinely believe we'd play better football and have a greater chance of picking up points without a manager in charge.

Was that issue with player bonuses all resolved last season? I seem to recall it being a real bug bear with the players.

Could something like that (a behind the scenes/club policy issue) be at the heart of their lack of effort?

I think that team without Pardews negative influence could go out and beat QPR, with him playing for a point we'll get done.

Yup - it's not like we could get any worse without him.  Surely.

That's it, I genuinely don't see how we could get any worse. We've just been beaten 6-0 at home.

Well we could just not improve. Theyre under confident, feeling negative, our better players have been underperforming in their normal positions & few of them have strong ties to Newcastle. Not sure just throwing them to it is a wonderful idea after you get past the annoyance at the way we're playing. Pardew may have lost them this weekend, but one of our best chances might be that he actually somehow temporarily refinds them again & gets them motivated. Dropping the manager with 3 games to go just shoves them into further dissaray for me.

Wonder how many other managers in history have survived this level of poor performance in cup competitions, thrashed at home disgustingly by your arch rivals and then destroyed 6-0 at home by a side 7th in the league while spending a reported 30m+ during the season.

Wonder how many other managers in history have survived this level of poor performance in cup competitions, thrashed at home disgustingly by your arch rivals and then destroyed 6-0 at home by a side 7th in the league while spending a reported 30m+ during the season.

I think you know the answer to that.

i'm still dumbfounded he's in the job, if he's still sitting there for the next match it tells you all you need to know about the jokers we have in charge...they literally know nothing about football it seems; out of europe at home, 0-3 to the mackems at home followed with 0-6 at home when we needed a reaction and some points...he's lost it as bad as anyone i ever remember seeing and worse than that he's lost it at completely the wrong time

he should have been handed an economy class train ticket for the last train out of town saturday night and told if he returns he'll be thrown in the fucking tyne

I can kind of see the point when people say wait until end of season as won't get another man in, but just sacking him may boost the place and can Carver do any worse.

A caretaker would be hard pushed to have us lose 3-0 and 6-0 in consecutive home games, never mind a manager that has overseen all the players purchased so far.

I don't think he will be sacked now but I hold onto the hope that he will be let go once we are safe or when the season ends. Can't see Ashley's business philosophy change by rewarding failure at all, especially after a huge investment in January.

Meanwhile, I pray for 'moments of magic' in the 3 remaining games to carry us over the line.

It could potentially go either way to an extent. But a caretaker manager with 3 games to go under this much pressure? Hes already in the dressing room sharing his views & trying to get the team pumped up.

Right so it seems this incompetent turd is still here for the run-in.

What I'd like him to do is magnify the articles that brand our french troop as having no fight in them, and stick them up on the board in the training ground. I don't like that notion myself, and would like our french players to come out fighting against WH and prove the papers wrong.

The papers talk as if no team in France has ever survived relegation, or come back from behind to win. It's an utter fabrication and should be used to fire up our players.

I'm convinced Pardew will not be here next season, so we need every fucking trick in the book to make our players get 2-4 points that we will need to stop up.

Guest neesy111

It really depends how much trust Pardew has with the players, he lost them on Saturday and it's up to him for to get it back if not we won't get another point for the rest of the season.