Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

I will say this bunch of players have a lot less excuses than the 08/09 lot about their own performances.

I do think we're missing an English spine, we also lack a real leader on the pitch and certainly one on the touchline, and without all this the French lads are direction-less. I don't blame them, but this is a problem IMO and needs addressing. A stronger manager would be the easiest solution, but sometimes managers do all they can and its up to the players and we've got nothing to pull it round once they cross the line. We haven't even got someone as influential as Barton never mind a Nolan type character and I think at times like this we suffer for it.

Problem is who could we realistically bring in who has all those qualities that make a good captain while also being good enough to fit in our squad and in our price range? I really thought it was Cabaye (realistically it can't be an Englishman in this setup) but I hope he never captains the club again.

utter bollocks, how was our english spine when we were last relegated?

harper ,  saylor in central defence,  midfield of butt, nolan, guthrie smith.

That's the spine of a jellyfish though. Missing the point entirely.

think you did.

I do think we're missing an English spine, we also lack a real leader on the pitch and certainly one on the touchline, and without all this the French lads are direction-less. I don't blame them, but this is a problem IMO and needs addressing. A stronger manager would be the easiest solution, but sometimes managers do all they can and its up to the players and we've got nothing to pull it round once they cross the line. We haven't even got someone as influential as Barton never mind a Nolan type character and I think at times like this we suffer for it.

Problem is who could we realistically bring in who has all those qualities that make a good captain while also being good enough to fit in our squad and in our price range? I really thought it was Cabaye (realistically it can't be an Englishman in this setup) but I hope he never captains the club again.

utter bollocks, how was our english spine when we were last relegated?

harper ,  saylor in central defence,  midfield of butt, nolan, guthrie smith.

That's the spine of a jellyfish though. Missing the point entirely.

think you did.

:jesuswept:

The french players that are here all came to be part of a "project". The club and Pardew must have really made one hell of a pitch when they met. They obviously now realize that Pardew is just a fraud and that under him there is no project. He's not a leader by any means (in the same way that Hughton wasn't), and it looks like his football isn't up to scratch.

Hughton had us safe as houses with a far inferior squad, I personally think he could have done a decent job with better players and it's a shame he wasn't given the chance to. I don't see how he wasn't a leader either, he's one of the most important figures in our recent history for the way he led us out of the Championship when everyone was petrified we'd be down there for a number of years.

Although I hate his style of football, the players must have something about them than to simply be fucking drones. You take into account what the manager says yes, but if his plans not working you should react and go off instinct.

All stems back to the spanish, french split which was reported the same time colo wanted to fuck off.

Pardew's a nonce, but these players are a fucking embarrassment to the badge.  Pull your fucking socks up you bunch of pathetic overpaid wankers.

The french players that are here all came to be part of a "project". The club and Pardew must have really made one hell of a pitch when they met. They obviously now realize that Pardew is just a fraud and that under him there is no project. He's not a leader by any means (in the same way that Hughton wasn't), and it looks like his football isn't up to scratch.

You make a good point about what the players were sold when they joined. Can imagine that is a huge factor in all of this.

Luke Edwards is a real cretin, to be fair, he's been grinding the axe all season.

It's not just the journos tbf Rich. We've had Gary Neville saying the same thing on Sky tonight. We have fans on here who have expressed similar views. Seems like while it's okay for other British teams to field a side of internationals, we are expected to field home grown players who eat chip butties and head for the pub after training.

Gary Neville is as much a fraud as Pardew for me, although I know some won't agree with that.

He's marginally better than the rest of the absolute shit that constitutes punditry and analysis on the major football programmes we get fed.

If your point was that if Luke Edwards is a cretin, then so are Gary Neville and some posters on here then I definitely agree :thup:

My point is that we need a manager who is strong enough in his belief about his football principles to take a stand one way or another rather than trying to keep everyone happy and hoping things will turn out alright on the night. Tony Pulis is a lower league manager but at least he knows what he's about and can set his team up with some logic according to his philosophy, and in the end that's been enough to keep them in the division.

Luke Edwards is a real cretin, to be fair, he's been grinding the axe all season.

It's not just the journos tbf Rich. We've had Gary Neville saying the same thing on Sky tonight. We have fans on here who have expressed similar views. Seems like while it's okay for other British teams to field a side of internationals, we are expected to field home grown players who eat chip butties and head for the pub after training.

Gary Neville is as much a fraud as Pardew for me, although I know some won't agree with that.

He's marginally better than the rest of the absolute shit that constitutes punditry and analysis on the major football programmes we get fed.

If your point was that if Luke Edwards is a cretin, then so are Gary Neville and some posters on here then I definitely agree :thup:

My point is that we need a manager who is strong enough in his belief about his football principles to take a stand one way or another rather than trying to keep everyone happy and hoping things will turn out alright on the night. Tony Pulis is a lower league manager but at least he knows what he's about and can set his team up with some logic according to his philosophy, and in the end that's been enough to keep them in the division.

Apologies for not getting that from your initial post.

You make a good point about what the players were sold when they joined. Can imagine that is a huge factor in all of this.

We've got a project, to be a top 4 team and play attacking football.

3 months later...

Sent out on a suicide mission to grind out a point at home when we're in desperate need for 3.

Why wouldn't they be exasperated, it's an absolute joke. Has this been the worst managerial performance ever in the Premier League, considering what Pardew's had at his disposal?

I agree with TT and Gary Neville and have argued that point many times before. Talk of xenophobia is simply nonsense.

We don't need an English spine to the team at all, we need a manager who can get the best out of the players we have, that's all we're missing.

Apologies for not getting that from your initial post.

I made the same point in the Back to basics and West Ham match thread. I think Pards needs to pick the players he believes in and the system he is comfortable with. There's no room for lack of conviction here.

I agree with TT and Gary Neville and have argued that point many times before. Talk of xenophobia is simply nonsense.

We don't need an English spine to the team at all, we need a manager who can get the best out of the players we have, that's all we're missing.

:thup:

Although I hate his style of football, the players must have something about them than to simply be fucking drones. You take into account what the manager says yes, but if his plans not working you should react and go off instinct.

All stems back to the spanish, french split which was reported the same time colo wanted to fuck off.

Pardew's a nonce, but these players are a fucking embarrassment to the badge.  Pull your fucking socks up you bunch of pathetic overpaid wankers.

A collective instinct all working together without any orginisation, training or tactics, yeah ok.

We wouldn't be facing relegation with Carroll in our squad.

However no argument about the manager. I'd be quite happy to have a foreign manager as long as its the right one. Same as English players, as long as they are good enough.

We're just missing substance all over the park, to be fair. Nowt to do with nationality in itself.

That said, the fact that Mbiwa stars in a league winning side in France and comes over here and looks out his depth physically tells its own story.

Guest Dontooner

Being on about that for ages , the more we transform ourselves with technical players the worst Pardew's team will fair.

1990's Route one will never work with players that are less physical and more technical.

We are doomed if Pardew keeps sticking around . he is destroying us single handily

First and foremost, absolutely.

Guest neesy111

The squads not good enough, yes Pardew is a massive fuckwit but the squad is nothing like some people see it.

The squads not good enough, yes Pardew is a massive fuckwit but the squad is nothing like some people see it.

Not good enough for what? We're in a relegation battle :lol: We've not seen the best of our squad because of how badly mismanaged it is.

Hughton had us safe as houses with a far inferior squad, I personally think he could have done a decent job with better players and it's a shame he wasn't given the chance to. I don't see how he wasn't a leader either, he's one of the most important figures in our recent history for the way he led us out of the Championship when everyone was petrified we'd be down there for a number of years.

The post was not a sleight on Hughton. He's a football man through and through (cliche I know), and he managed to do well because of that. I'm alluding to the fact that Pardew is neither a leader or a football guru, whereas at least Hughton knew what he was doing. Plus Hughton has far more experience working under some top names in management, so he'll have seen it all.

We wouldn't be facing relegation with Carroll in our squad.

However no argument about the manager. I'd be quite happy to have a foreign manager as long as its the right one. Same as English players, as long as they are good enough.

We wouldn't be facing relegation with a better manager, I don't care when anybody comes from as long as they do a job for us.

It's not coincidence that nearly every successful club has that national spine to them, in fact they're nearly always local too. This is particularly obvious in those clubs that sustain such success.

We're just missing substance all over the park, to be fair. Nowt to do with nationality in itself.

That said, the fact that Mbiwa stars in a league winning side in France and comes over here and looks out his depth physically tells its own story.

Yes it does. Makes you wonder why we don't win the World Cup every time for a start since our players should physically dominate every other side, especially those Spanish midgets who are currently holders of the title.