Alan Pardew

Mike

Ignoring the 4-0 thing completely, how can that NOT be his genuine opinion about the Europa League when he's been blaming it for our s**** form and injuries all season?

I think he probably is genuinely pleased about not having to deal with the Europa League again. Quite a few managers probably share this opinion, but most are sensible enough not to say anything in public. Many pundits say that it is an unnecessary burden.

I don't think it means he will actively try not to qualify in future though, that would be ridiculous.

:pardsgrin:

I wonder whether players really do mind about being in the Europea League or not? Honest question.

I don't give a shit whether the players want to or not. I do.

Fans do obviously, I was responding to the idea that players will be gutted.

So anything goes as it's his nature to be casual in interviews? :lol:

No.

You'd think Ian was defending a 7 year old child rather than a 51 year old man. 'Oh he didn't mean it like that!' :lol:

Come on man Dave, that's ridiculous. Obviously he means that he is so relieved that we've survived, nothing else matters. He was a bit silly to say it, but I doubt anyone outside this forum has given it a second thought.

I'm a Newcastle United fan, i pay money to watch the team play. He gets paid a fortune to manage the team and he'd get a handsome pay off if he got fired as a result of us being relegated. The club will mean nothing to him once he's gone, I'm stuck with it. I'd say there's a fair chance I'm more relieved than him, wouldn't you? I care if we get hammered at home, I'm not thanking god that we're not in Europe where we belong. Stop defending it, it's atrocious.

Guest neesy111

Ignoring the 4-0 thing completely, how can that NOT be his genuine opinion about the Europa League when he's been blaming it for our shite form and injuries all season?

I think he probably is genuinely pleased about not having to deal with the Europa League again. Quite a few managers probably share this opinion, but most are sensible enough not to say anything in public. Many pundits say that it is an unnecessary burden.

I don't think it means he will actively try not to qualify in future though, that would be ridiculous.

Name those managers then.

I've got:

Alan Pardew

Harry Redknapp

Guest Haris Vuckic

Will the 96% of people who said he has to go be calling for his head in the last home game?

f***ing well should be. If there is no bvious anti Pardew stuff, then we are as bad as him. Pathetic

They'll just sit there in silence I think. I'd be very surprised if people did anything in the ground - unless the result gives them an excuse.

He's just such a negative cunt, He can't get his team up for any game and this negativity is fucking us up big style.

He's such a fucking idiot, hate him more than any other manager we have had now, hoping he is sacked as sick of the excuses every time. You don't hear it from Martinez or Hughton they just get on with it.

I don't think you need to be lining up to take a swipe at a manager or have a long-standing vendetta/agenda/whatever against the manager, to be utterly livid at these comments.

It's completely unforgivable to come out with stuff like this, period. Absolutely staggered the manager of any team would say this.

Guest bimpy474

Thank fuck we didn't have the extra burden of cup runs like Swansea and Wigan.

salient point, yet pards wants to win a cup next year, too many games

But if we won a cup we would qualify for the Europa, ah this is the old catch 22 isn't it ? :lol:

Will the 96% of people who said he has to go be calling for his head in the last home game?

f***ing well should be. If there is no bvious anti Pardew stuff, then we are as bad as him. Pathetic

They'll just sit there in silence I think. I'd be very surprised if people did anything in the ground - unless the result gives them an excuse.

Agree.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's just such a negative c***, He can't get his team up for any game and this negativity is f***ing us up big style.

He's such a f***ing idiot, hate him more than any other manager we have had now, hoping he is sacked as sick of the excuses every time. You don't hear it from Martinez or Hughton they just get on with it.

Calm down pettle :lol:

I don't think you need to be lining up to take a swipe at a manager or have a long-standing vendetta/agenda/whatever against the manager, to be utterly livid at these comments.

It's completely unforgivable to come out with stuff like this, period. Absolutely staggered the manager of any team would say this.

He complains about the fans at home being negative etc and then comes out with this shit, he is a lunatic. Is he doing it on purpose to get a pay out?  -surprising how awful we have been since his contract

This. What on earth is he thinking, the only, only thing that might save him is if he's being sarcastic and it's not being picked up when reported.

I want Pardew gone but the way people read into everything he says is really pathetic.

We know the guys not up to it, there's no need to nail him to a cross IMO.

Ignoring the 4-0 thing completely, how can that NOT be his genuine opinion about the Europa League when he's been blaming it for our shite form and injuries all season?

Name those managers then.

I've got:

Alan Pardew

Harry Redknapp

Not sure I can name them specifically, as I said they wouldn't say it in public. A few managers of a club who doesn't have a big enough squad to guarantee success in both competitions probably. Jol? Pulis?

Guest bimpy474

I remember we used to enter the Interpol Cup with a squad not much bigger than this, to get into the Europa Cup.

Guest neesy111

If Pardew wants to get some fans back on his side, comments like that are the complete opposite of what he should be saying.