Alan Pardew

Mike

BKag7klCYAA_7sx.jpg:large

In London today?

Hope the Pardew/AVB(?) sighting isn't Hatem related.

"Hey Alan. Need ya to beat Arsenal. 1-0 will do..."

"O, Four fuck's sake, I'm trying to speak on the phone here!"

Guest Roger Kint

They dould easily have bumped into each other in London and walked together for 5 minutes chatting.

:rolleyes:

No it has to be the end of the world, your theory sounds too likely :lol:

Who are the alternatives? Such a weak argument, okay we have:

René Girard- Won French league with Montpellier HSC against the likes of PSG, will intergrate well with French, is desperate to work in the Premier league, has specifically stated he loves projects, relatively cheap wages, is leaving Montpellier at the end of the season so will be free.

Christian Gourcuff- considered in France as a shrewd tactician with a strong commitment to attacking football and an eye for young talent.

Gus Poyet- Young, ambitious, cheap, available if the right buttons are pushed, good footballing philosophy, can work with youngster, has a good record.

Rudi Garcia- Won the double with Lille, great football philosophy, worked with quite a few of ours players already such as Cabaye and Debuchy, rumoured to be leaving at the end of the season, exceptional with youth, won manager of the year, probably reasonably cheap.

Murat Yakin- Slightly more unproven then the others but built a great attacking FC Basel side, young and ambitious maybe worth a punt.

Philippe Montainer- Had Real Sociedad challenging for the Champions League, tactically sound, likes to intergrate youth, works well with small transfer budget.

Less realisitic but still options if Ashley wants to show ambition

Benitez- we already know all about.

Martinez- we already know all about.

So this there are no other options argument is ridiculous, all you have to do is change the channel and watch some other top leagues and its obvious there is a legion of young ambitious managers who would jump at the opportunity to manager a Premier League team.

Good post but its highly unlikely that A) Pardew will be sacked and that B) Ashley and co will have heard of any of them never mind actually look to appoint any of them.

Its either Pardew or someone of his ilk, i.e. cheap, out of a job, British and a bit of a yes man.

The powers that be have no real ambition for NUFC because ambition requires significant investment and risk taking. They have even stated publicly that a top 10 finish is a target and anything else over and above a bonus. That's the way things will always be under Ashley. We may finish 5th once or twice or qualify for Europe the odd time but that will be the bonus aspect rather than the real target of the club.

Thankfully, Ashley is on an exit trajectory. Although that could take another 10 years to materialise...

So basically a similar shortlist to the one Spurs had when they appointed Christian Gross and Jacques Santini. Whilst I cannot deny quality, people should not be denying the risk involved when the manager we have already got is not that bad.

The grass is not always greener.

Who are the alternatives? Such a weak argument, okay we have:

René Girard- Won French league with Montpellier HSC against the likes of PSG, will intergrate well with French, is desperate to work in the Premier league, has specifically stated he loves projects, relatively cheap wages, is leaving Montpellier at the end of the season so will be free.

Christian Gourcuff- considered in France as a shrewd tactician with a strong commitment to attacking football and an eye for young talent.

Gus Poyet- Young, ambitious, cheap, available if the right buttons are pushed, good footballing philosophy, can work with youngster, has a good record.

Rudi Garcia- Won the double with Lille, great football philosophy, worked with quite a few of ours players already such as Cabaye and Debuchy, rumoured to be leaving at the end of the season, exceptional with youth, won manager of the year, probably reasonably cheap.

Murat Yakin- Slightly more unproven then the others but built a great attacking FC Basel side, young and ambitious maybe worth a punt.

Philippe Montainer- Had Real Sociedad challenging for the Champions League, tactically sound, likes to intergrate youth, works well with small transfer budget.

Less realisitic but still options if Ashley wants to show ambition

Benitez- we already know all about.

Martinez- we already know all about.

So this there are no other options argument is ridiculous, all you have to do is change the channel and watch some other top leagues and its obvious there is a legion of young ambitious managers who would jump at the opportunity to manager a Premier League team.

Good post but its highly unlikely that A) Pardew will be sacked and that B) Ashley and co will have heard of any of them never mind actually look to appoint any of them.

Its either Pardew or someone of his ilk, i.e. cheap, out of a job, British and a bit of a yes man.

The powers that be have no real ambition for NUFC because ambition requires significant investment and risk taking. They have even stated publicly that a top 10 finish is a target and anything else over and above a bonus. That's the way things will always be under Ashley. We may finish 5th once or twice or qualify for Europe the odd time but that will be the bonus aspect rather than the real target of the club.

Thankfully, Ashley is on an exit trajectory. Although that could take another 10 years to materialise...

So basically a similar shortlist to the one Spurs had when they appointed Christian Gross and Jacques Santini. Whilst I cannot deny quality, people should not be denying the risk involved when the manager we have already got is not that bad.

The grass is not always greener.

I guess their point is though, when you barely escape relegation with 2 games left to play (which is where we were upto last week), there are a few green patches around, actually.

There have definitely been games where Sissoko has played off the striker for practically the whole 90 minutes, particularly when he first arrived.

Against Chelsea he started out in CM, ended up further forward and then out wide. Basically that's how I've seen him play since he arrived, in no real set position. I genuinely think the manager got carried away with his performance against Chelsea and dreamed up the number 10 role for him when in reality he wasn't playing that role at all much less is capable of playing it. Since then his form has been awful and he's looked like a poor player at times.

True, I think it came out of desperation for someone who could turn our fortunes around. It nearly worked I suppose. I'm sure longer-term Pardew will use Sissoko in CM.

I agree. He's a CM for me all day long. Someone when the game is stretched and opposition are tired, can burst forward from midfield to pop up with goals or to give us extra numbers up top. I don't think he has the awareness and passing skills to really dominate from CM from the off though. He's a bit dumb in that respect, a bit like Tiote. That's why for me we have to decide what to do with Tiote.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6p15vr.jpg

Is this too statty?  :undecided:

Think player heat maps are interesting to see how we've kept our shape in games.  they say he spent more time IN ADVANCE of Cisse in his first month :D

Even whan Cabaye has been deployed in more advanced role, rather than alongside Tiote, it's not seen Sissoko dropped deep, he has always played further up the park (see Liverpool and Stoke - Cabaye and Cissoko are inseperable there).

Perhaps Pardew sees the deeper midfielder role as a much more important one, which Sissoko couldn't be entrusted with when he had zero premier league experience.

Having a good laugh at some of these heatmaps btw..

Look at Man U's shape in their game against us.  Clearly defined shape, every player distinct. Only the two strikers are touching. 

Us?  The defence have a shape, fuck knows who's doing what otherwise....

http://i39.tinypic.com/4r97c8.jpg

Similar story in the Arsenal game....it's not as bad, but apart from our centre backs, every other player spends so much time in another players position, 8 of them look like 4.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vss00j.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

There have definitely been games where Sissoko has played off the striker for practically the whole 90 minutes, particularly when he first arrived.

Against Chelsea he started out in CM, ended up further forward and then out wide. Basically that's how I've seen him play since he arrived, in no real set position. I genuinely think the manager got carried away with his performance against Chelsea and dreamed up the number 10 role for him when in reality he wasn't playing that role at all much less is capable of playing it. Since then his form has been awful and he's looked like a poor player at times.

True, I think it came out of desperation for someone who could turn our fortunes around. It nearly worked I suppose. I'm sure longer-term Pardew will use Sissoko in CM.

I agree. He's a CM for me all day long. Someone when the game is stretched and opposition are tired, can burst forward from midfield to pop up with goals or to give us extra numbers up top. I don't think he has the awareness and passing skills to really dominate from CM from the off though. He's a bit dumb in that respect, a bit like Tiote. That's why for me we have to decide what to do with Tiote.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6p15vr.jpg

Is this too statty?  :undecided:

Think player heat maps are interesting to see how we've kept our shape in games.  they say he spent more time IN ADVANCE of Cisse in his first month :D

Even whan Cabaye has been deployed in more advanced role, rather than alongside Tiote, it's not seen Sissoko dropped deep, he has always played further up the park (see Liverpool and Stoke - Cabaye and Cissoko are inseperable there).

Perhaps Pardew sees the deeper midfielder role as a much more important one, which Sissoko couldn't be entrusted with when he had zero premier league experience.

So....

He doesn't have a set position then....

Look at our shape though, what a fucking mess we are :lol: