Alan Pardew

Mike

This week is the week imo. If he's still here end of this week, he's going nowhere unfotunately

He is not going anyway, his job is no longer at risk imo.

Have to agree, he would have been sacked already if it was happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he's been given a strict target or set number of games for next season.

AP "The younger players are going to be better for the experience this year, dealing with the criticism we’ve had"

It was him leading the criticism:

'We had youngsters playing today who should be in the development side"

and

“The truth of it is that a lot of our young players who played tonight, I was expecting a little bit more. We will have a good look at them now because I don’t think the opportunity is going to come around for them again this season unless we really suffer like we did tonight, in terms of who was available.”

“I think they need to learn a little bit more about this game away from the black and white and the pressure of the jersey and the level we’re playing at."

just another question for pardew.

"why did you crush the confidence of our young players early in the season when our senior players were performing just as poorly and therefore were far more responsible?"

This week is the week imo. If he's still here end of this week, he's going nowhere unfotunately

He is not going anyway, his job is no longer at risk imo.

Have to agree, he would have been sacked already if it was happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he's been given a strict target or set number of games for next season.

Not really, I never expected him to be sacked until we got the final game out of the way. There's still a possibility that it could happen after the review, although I'm starting to think that Ashley will wait until he's fucked up next season before the penny finally drops.

So instead of playing to our strengths he wants to spunk millions on buying cloggers to play his prehistoric, no brain hoofball. Surely Ashley can't be happy with that?

You would think that but I'm starting to wonder if being on here distorts our sense of reality. We seem to see something totally different to the majority elsewhere if Happy Face is anything to go by.

That was why I went on a little posting spree in here last week.

The anti-Pardew bile on this board does exceed the strength of feeling elsewhere.

I don't think the feeling is "totally different" though.  Everyone agrees that Pardew is an incompetent manager with an inability to get teams playing good football, poor man management skills, bizarre team selections and even weirder substitutions.

What most people can also see is that we knew all of that when he was appointed too :)

People have posted quotes from fans of other clubs and players that played under him going back years as evidence he's shit.  Well no shit Sherlock, the same quotes were available in 2010.  Why didn't Ashley heed them then?  What reason is there to think he'll have any clue about the reputation/ability of the next man he appoints?  People suggesting Graeme carr will have input....but he was at the club when we gave the job to Pardew.

There's no "anti-Pardew bile", he's a poor manager and an even worse fit for this club; people surprisingly don't want him here.

People also, surprisingly enough, realise that Ashley is a fucking moron when it comes to football, and yes, we get that may have a bearing on his next appointment. If it was your mission to prove that then I cannot help but feel it was a waste of time.

So instead of playing to our strengths he wants to spunk millions on buying cloggers to play his prehistoric, no brain hoofball. Surely Ashley can't be happy with that?

You would think that but I'm starting to wonder if being on here distorts our sense of reality. We seem to see something totally different to the majority elsewhere if Happy Face is anything to go by.

The anti-Pardew bile on this board does exceed the strength of feeling elsewhere.

I don't think the feeling is "totally different" though.  Everyone agrees that Pardew is an incompetent manager with an inability to get teams playing good football, poor man management skills, bizarre team selections and even weirder substitutions.

What most people can also see is that we knew all of that when he was appointed too :)

People have posted quotes from fans of other clubs and players that played under him going back years as evidence he's shit.  Well no shit Sherlock, the same quotes were available in 2010.  Why didn't Ashley heed them then?  What reason is there to think he'll have any clue about the reputation/ability of the next man he appoints?  People suggesting Graeme carr will have input....but he was at the club when we gave the job to Pardew.

Not many chairmen have great knowledge about the game, what most of them do is talk to someone who does. We've managed to sort out the scouting and player recruitment side of things after the initial balls up with Wise and Jiminez, so there's reason to think Ashley can learn. At the end of the day it depends on whether Ashley is interested in progress or happy just to stay in the premier.

i think the 1st half yesterday highlighted that we can be a very good football team, I personally thought we bossed it. However we will be stuck in the same routine if we dont upgrade our manager. We are capable of playing a possession game as proved by the first half

We kept possession but didn't create nearly enough chances. Or rather, when we did create chances/looked like a half decent attacking unit, we seemed to reverse the progress, sit back and distribute the ball without ideas. There's always a massive gap between Cissé and the midfield. No plan.

i think the 1st half yesterday highlighted that we can be a very good football team, I personally thought we bossed it. However we will be stuck in the same routine if we dont upgrade our manager. We are capable of playing a possession game as proved by the first half

We kept possession but didn't create nearly enough chances. Or rather, when we did create chances/looked like a half decent attacking unit, we seemed to reverse the progress, sit back and distribute the ball without ideas. There's always a massive gap between Cissé and the midfield. No plan.

The movement off the ball is still missing so while the players are passing it nicely they don't actually go anywhere. This is down to the lack of coaching input from Pardew as far as I'm concerned. I doubt it would even cross his mind unless he came on here and read it.

Guest Dontooner

Champagne football in the first half Pardew says, the fans drunk in awe of the performance in the first half Pardew says.....

Pardew is Great and the Players are s*** he says.........The team not good enough but he prides himself with tactics he says........

Can we get the Mafia in and kidnap this b****** ,entrap him for 8 years.

Delusional fraud that is running rings around us fans , we should be ashamed of ourselves for being passive.

The movement off the ball is still missing so while the players are passing it nicely they don't actually go anywhere. This is down to the lack of coaching input from Pardew as far as I'm concerned. I doubt it would even cross his mind unless he came on here and read it.

He played for years, so he must know that an attacking player has to move into space when his team is in possession but he isn't....preferably space ahead of the man with the ball.

That said, I think the very best manager he EVER played under was Lenny Lawrence.  I don't think he ever experienced any great coaching that would have told him how to direct 11 men to balance this aspect with safety at the back too.

I agree but the point I was making really was that we showed we can actually hold on to the ball rather than resort to long balls and gifting possession. With a coherent attacking game plan we would look very good IMO

Again, and I hate to harp on about it, we've been hitting less long balls than 3/4 the teams in the league.

Think we need to recognise that the "hoofball" has stopped.  I see "hoofball" as our defenders/keeper launching it into the opposition half.  Most annoyingly when not under any pressure, but also whenever we're soaking up wave after wave of attack.

We saw an awful lot of that early in the season.  That is what we're inclined to do with Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Krul and Perch in the team.  Their replacements have been much less inclined to play that way. Coloccini, Elliot, Haidara, Santon, Mbiwa and Debuchy are all MUCH more inclined to play a short pass, than a long hoof.  This is where we've seen a reduction in long balls.

That said.  Pardew has no clue whatsoever about what it takes to have a team play through an opposing defence.  Where we STILL persist in long balls is from further up the field, no matter how long we pass it around in midfield, go back to the keeper, try both wings....in the end....inevitibly...if Ben Arfa doesn't run with it into the box, if Cabaye doesn't have a shot from distance, we float an aimless one into the box in the hope of somone getting on the end.  It's infuriating to see this pattern played out ad nauseum and understandable the frustration it creates.

Guest Dontooner

I agree but the point I was making really was that we showed we can actually hold on to the ball rather than resort to long balls and gifting possession. With a coherent attacking game plan we would look very good IMO

Again, and I hate to harp on about it, we've been hitting less long balls than 3/4 the teams in the league.

Think we need to recognise that the "hoofball" has stopped.  I see "hoofball" as our defenders/keeper launching it into the opposition half.  Most annoyingly when not under any pressure, but also whenever we're soaking up wave after wave of attack.

We saw an awful lot of that early in the season.  That is what we're inclined to do with Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Krul and Perch in the team.  Their replacements have been much less inclined to play that way. Coloccini, Elliot, Haidara, Santon, Mbiwa and Debuchy are all MUCH more inclined to play a short pass, than a long hoof.  This is where we've seen a reduction in long balls.

That said.  Pardew has no clue whatsoever about what it takes to have a team play through an opposing defence.  Where we STILL persist in long balls is from further up the field, no matter how long we pass it around in midfield, go back to the keeper, try both wings....in the end....inevitibly...if Ben Arfa doesn't run with it into the box, if Cabaye doesn't have a shot from distance, we float an aimless one into the box in the hope of somone getting on the end.  It's infuriating to see this pattern played out ad nauseum and understandable the frustration it creates.

The only reason  Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Krul and Perch are launching them at every opportunity is the lack coaching.

Some players need Instructions to synchronize with other players

Some players like Colo and HBA needs less.

Its a no brainier why these two players are our most important players, since they have their own game.

The rest of the team including Cabaye and esp. Tiote needs coaching to look more coherent.

Its unfortunate unless we buy 11 colo's or HBA or be resign to the fact the football you describe above will be here for another 7 seasons

The anti-Pardew bile on this board does exceed the strength of feeling elsewhere.I don't think the feeling is "totally different" though.  Everyone agrees that Pardew is an incompetent manager with an inability to get teams playing good football, poor man management skills, bizarre team selections and even weirder substitutions.

Knowing the general feeling on here, even talk of organised protest, chanting etc, and on the back of a third consecutive home defeat and a thoroughly miserable season, I didn't see or hear one bit of anti-Pardew demonstration at the match or in town yesterday. Some discussion about whether he should stay or go but that was about it.

Surprising that internet sentiment is so different to the stadium.

He played for years, so he must know that an attacking player has to move into space when his team is in possession but he isn't....preferably space ahead of the man with the ball.

That said, I think the very best manager he EVER played under was Lenny Lawrence.  I don't think he ever experienced any great coaching that would have told him how to direct 11 men to balance this aspect with safety at the back too.

I've given this example plenty of times here before but you're new so I'll repeat it. When Keegan took over from Allardyce he had to teach the players to start passing with confidence again and he did that by insisting they pass the ball to feet and he would take responsibility for the results. Secondly, Keegan liked playing 5-a-side football in training because it instills pass and move football instinctively. It might be a very basic form of coaching but the results speak for themselves. What does Pardew do other than work on the defence? He doesn't practice fucking corners, that much we know.

Reading Simon Bird take on the season and find this odd:

Despite the bad season, Pardew remained very quotable and is still one of the best at communicating with fans

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-season-review-201213-mirrorfootballs-1900638?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think  Pardew is awful, he speaks to a lot but he is the ultimate gobshite.

Seeks to work with a lot of fans though, his general patter. Fan feelings are difficult to summarise or quantify given that everyone has a slightly different view. I hate his press comments and so do most of the people I know, but a lot of people seem to lap it up.

Seeks to work with a lot of fans though, his general patter. Fan feelings are difficult to summarise or quantify given that everyone has a slightly different view. I hate his press comments and so do most of the people I know, but a lot of people seem to lap it up.

I think his willingness to being the frontman for Ashley & Del is one of the reasons he was hired/still has a job. He has no shame backtracking or saying the complete opposite to something he has said previously.