Alan Pardew

Mike

Think we are in a better situation currently than Sunderland and Stoke are going to need to have a massive clear out if they bring in a manager who's looking to play better football.

Guest Phil K

A 3rd division level manager of a Prem club. Says it all about Ashley/Lambs arse

Was never going to be sacked, expected this news.

Let's just look forward to next season...:anguish:

Yeah but hoped he would be. I'm DREADING next season with him in charge.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-stick-alan-pardew-4004833?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Newcastle United to stick with Alan Pardew after talks with Mike Ashley

Alan Pardew's position as Newcastle United manager was said to be “safe” last night – as one of his own players admitted the season had been a disaster.

A club source told the Chronicle that nobody inside St James’ Park expected Pardew to be sacked after his series of clear-the-air meetings with owner Mike Ashley.

Rumours about a change of manager have dominated social media over the last 48 hours and the club’s decision not to make an official statement on the matter only fuelled those flames.

Many Newcastle supporters, it must be said, would prefer Pardew to go after a campaign that defender Mathieu Debuchy candidly described as “not good enough”.

But it is our understanding Pardew will be allowed to continue at United at least for the foreseeable future, despite the team tumbling from fifth to 16th position within the space of a year.

This, however, does not mean Ashley is anywhere close to being happy with a season that saw his team flirt with relegation until the penultimate weekend.

And French star Debuchy didn’t attempt to hide from the truth of what was a dreadful domestic campaign. He said: “It’s not been good enough for a team such as Newcastle United to do what we did in the last campaign and everyone knows that. We will do better next time.

“There is a determination within the squad to improve next season. We want to do a lot better.”

Pardew revealed before the meetings with Ashley, and managing director Derek Llambias, that he had yet to speak directly with his boss about what type of player he wanted.

But one thing that can be said for certainty is the manager wants to bring in at least one, most probably two, players with genuine Premier League experience, the polar opposite of what happened in January.

Asked whether he had spoken to Ashley about such a move, Pardew said: “I have never had that conversation with Mike.

“It doesn’t mean an old player, let’s get that straight. I mean an experienced player.

“Theo Walcott must have played 250 games for Arsenal and he’s only 24. That’s the experience we lack.”

Incredibly, after Tony Pulis leaving Stoke City on Tuesday, Pardew is the second longest-serving manager in the Premier League at two-and-a-half years.

He falls some way behind Arsene Wenger’s 17-year residency at Arsenal.

He had one amazing season and one truly shocking one, i think as Dave previously said they'll give him around half of the next season to show them that he's capable of taking the club forward, if not he'll be off.

He can't deal with Europe and would be more than happy to make us a "stabile" midtable team. There is no way this guy will take the club forward.

I wanted him gone but if he's staying he'll get my backing. He needs to rediscover whatever it was he had in those first 18 months, when we looked incredibly well drilled and seemed to come out for every match with a game plan. I don't care if the football's crap as long as we win.

We need some new blood both on the coaching side of things and in the playing squad.

Sunderland & Stoke saw a problem and dealt with it, whilst we're fannying on. Absolutely livid.

Well the mackems certainly dealt with a problem but all the signs are they created an even bigger one in it's place! And we won't really know the wisdom of Stoke's move until after we see how the replacement does - suspect there might be a "Charlton post-Curbishley" scenario goes down there.

I wanted him gone but if he's staying he'll get my backing. He needs to rediscover whatever it was he had in those first 18 months, when we looked incredibly well drilled and seemed to come out for every match with a game plan. I don't care if the football's crap as long as we win.

We need some new blood both on the coaching side of things and in the playing squad.

:thup:

Guest Dontooner

.............Ashley is a dumb ass......................

going to take a break from football for a year...

Whatever.  Will dial back in come August with the usual hope I am sure but this is just bollocks.  10 games max if we do not start the season in very solid form, well drilled, better defence, more flair and proper tactics.

Guest Brazilianbob

Parsnip won't be able to reproduce the form of our 5th place finish for the simple reason that last season teams were able to nullify our style of play and as has been proved Parsnip barely has a plan A never mind. Plan B.  If he isn't gone by September we will be in trouble.

Well that new season buzz is going to be well and truly killed knowing this joker is in charge. It's so typical of us to finally have a good squad of players but to also have an incompetent manager who will seriously underachieve with them. I just hope and pray some of our better players are still at the club when Pardew eventually leaves.

My last bit of hope is we've heard nothing official from the club and I just think back to Big Mike Ashley basically telling everyone he was going to give Shearer the full time job only to not.

What would the club say?

Agreed.

I don't know why people are surprised at this outcome, because they did say that they wanted to get away from sacking managers in reaction to one bad season.

Just going from this board, over the last two and a half years there has been a wild swing in the general opinion of Pardew from zero to hero and back again. You can understand Ashley wanting to get away from that.