Alan Pardew

Mike

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

Not sure if January window's included, but challenging top 7 with 2nd most profits earned from transfer for the last 5 years?

Not like Everton, Arsenal or Swansea are tearing up trees.  Much rather be in Villa or Stoke's position.

Just look at the table, there is no correlation at all.

It's just fucking bizarre how attitudes have shifted.  I've kept a consistent position on the twat and yet I find myself on the other side.  It's like one of those things where someone says 'if you want to suck off this large diseased polar bear, step forward' and everyone else takes one step back.

That is the exact analogy I would have used.

:lol: It's generally the obvious choice.

Gutted at the news, obvs. Had misplaced hope that the people running the show at NUFC had developed any kind of plan or ambition for the club.

Here's to another few years wasted, it's been 44/58 years or whatever already so what's the use in changing the habit of a lifetime.

It's just fucking bizarre how attitudes have shifted.  I've kept a consistent position on the twat and yet I find myself on the other side.  It's like one of those things where someone says 'if you want to suck off this large diseased polar bear, step forward' and everyone else takes one step back.

If you didn't step back with them, then you got exactly what you deserved.

Ever since Ashley showed his true colours shortly after he bought the club I've been following the "out, until they are out" policy. No personal financial investment in the club at any level. Pardew might be a useless manager but he's not going to sack himself or resign, there is only one person to blame for this, and that's the fat unambitious cockney slob.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

Not sure if January window's included, but challenging top 7 with 2nd most profits earned from transfer for the last 5 years?

Not sure if this is the be-all/end-all that you appear to be implying. Do you forget 2011/12?

Alright I'll make it clear. Why the fuck we need to have transfer profits here?  Say the almighty wages/turnover ratio is 70% now (Chris can confirm later), even excluding other operating expenses, we should still got at least 15m to spend every year. Even if we want to balance our book, we are still able to make a transfer loss of 15m per year. But now we got a 5m profits instead.

We aren't Arsenal who got a marvellous youth system to milk. If the 2 cunts continue to run the club like this we would just head for another crash even if we got a new manager.

Guest firetotheworks

The best I can hope for is Ashley having some sort of back up and for us to get spanked in the first few matches.

Any hope for success under Pardew is akin to asking me to hope there's definitely a God. I can't do it.

I guess that we now know for certain that the club have no desire to go anywhere, we have no ambition at all.  I'll almost certainly be telling them that next season will be my last when renewal comes around again in February.  They are satisfied to serve up shite as long as people are willing to pay to watch it.

And the other question to ask here is would you feel obligated to take a shot in the mouth because you were the furthest forward?  Are they coercing you, or is it a matter of honor?

The bear would be disappointed if I didn't.  It's come a long way.

I guess that we now know for certain that the club have no desire to go anywhere, we have no ambition at all.  I'll almost certainly be telling them that next season will be my last when renewal comes around again in February.  They are satisfied to serve up shite as long as people are willing to pay to watch it.

Reminds me of a certain sporting goods company.

Guest Howaythetoon

The owner, managing director and manager see us in the same league as Fulham Swansea and other mid-table sides which is like comparing us to Man Utd really. It is absurd and no club of our stature, size and resources should be happy with anything other than a top 6 finish and a cup every season. That should always be the aim but the powers that be have zero ambition for this club and until they all go we will forever be discontent with things at NUFC be it the manager, our players or stupidly renaming the stadium.

Guest Slippery Sam

Ever since Ashley showed his true colours shortly after he bought the club I've been following the "out, until they are out" policy. No personal financial investment in the club at any level. Pardew might be a useless manager but he's not going to sack himself or resign, there is only one person to blame for this, and that's the fat unambitious cockney slob.

I haven't been to SJP for almost four years now.  As soon as it was mentioned about selling the naming rights to the ground, that was enough for me. 

Well I disagree with the decision as I think Pardew is a busted flush, but I'm glad they've released a statement to clear up their intentions. Bit confused why the supposed minimum target has dropped from 8th to simply top half. As has been pointed out, top half was barely better than we did this season and we could be just as shite next season and get 10th on the last day like we could this. Would that be a satisfactory, improved season? I don't think so. 8th should be the minimum requirement IMO - that's accepting that we're not as good as the decent teams in the league but acknowledging that we should be amongst the best of the rest and challenging for the next step up. I know it's only two places but the difference in sentiment is pretty huge to me. The ambition of the club is sorely lacking.

Anyway, I'm glad they've qualified the future of the management side. We can only hope that lessons have been learnt on all fronts.

I'd love to hear Ashley and Llambias define the stability they're propagating, just seems like an empty buzzword to me. What are the actual benefits from stability? Surely it can only be justified when the club is consistently finishing in a decent position.

The owner, managing director and manager see us in the same league as Fulham Swansea and other mid-table sides which is like comparing us to Man Utd really. It is absurd and no club of our stature, size and resources should be happy with anything other than a top 6 finish and a cup every season. That should always be the aim but the powers that be have zero ambition for this club and until they all go we will forever be discontent with things at NUFC be it the manager, our players or stupidly renaming the stadium.

What fucking planet are you living on?

1969.  1969.  44 years ago.  Jesus wept, i'm only 34 and I can remember the shite times.

Yes, we could do better in the cups, I don't see anyone saying we shouldn't.  The only time we've challenged top six consistently in my lifetime is when we've had two of the most brilliant managers in the game (keegan was brilliant for us).

Time will tell but I expect to be massively underwhelmed with transfers this summer and expect the same shitty formations, stupid tactical decisions and ridiculous substitutions/selections from the cunt.

Considering jacking it in now because I can't bare watching us again under him