Alan Pardew

Mike

Pardew's different from the team just being rubbish imo, this is a man who does not want the team he's managing to finish in the top six of the league in case it jeopardises his own job, a man who makes no attempt to win certain football matches (any away game), indeed a man who doesn't even attempt to compete in games against certain teams, only turns up because he's obliged to by the fixture list. He's a spineless shitbag who, far from wanting to make me feel proud of NUFC, attempts to make me feel like I support a tiny diddy little team who have no business even being on the same pitch as a magnificent club like Man City or Spurs and that I should feel lucky for what I've got and shut the fuck up.

The very least I expect from NUFC is that I feel proud of them as a club and our manager goes in front of cameras every week and basically tells me I have nothing to be proud of.

He is utter poison.

:thup: Just a shame this couldn't have been put on Pardew's headstone as manager today.  I'm particularly galled at feeling like an increasingly tiny club as we go on.

I'm loathe to agree with Ian as I wanted Pardew gone but we're in a significantly better position than we have been in numerous times in the last 10 years. Means bot all given that we support a sports shop these days unfortunately.

I'd say the only time we were in a worse position was the season we were actually relegated.

I was quite chipper that pre-season tbh.

I was being very literal, but at least there were some reasons to be positive that summer.  Pardew still being in charge just makes it feel as if we've dodged the bullet this year and then went back to the shooter to give them a full AK47 to try again.

Pardew's different from the team just being rubbish imo, this is a man who does not want the team he's managing to finish in the top six of the league in case it jeopardises his own job, a man who makes no attempt to win certain football matches (any away game), indeed a man who doesn't even attempt to compete in games against certain teams, only turns up because he's obliged to by the fixture list. He's a spineless shitbag who, far from wanting to make me feel proud of NUFC, attempts to make me feel like I support a tiny diddy little team who have no business even being on the same pitch as a magnificent club like Man City or Spurs and that I should feel lucky for what I've got and shut the fuck up.

The very least I expect from NUFC is that I feel proud of them as a club and our manager goes in front of cameras every week and basically tells me I have nothing to be proud of.

He is utter poison.

I concur.

Well he's going to have to hit the ground running. If there's no hint of any improvement over that first few games, then it's down to us to make him squirm in that position until Ashley sees he's in a position of no return. 

Until then we have to lump it.

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/wsg/image/1341/73/1341731922609.gif

I'm loathe to agree with Ian as I wanted Pardew gone but we're in a significantly better position than we have been in numerous times in the last 10 years. Means bot all given that we support a sports shop these days unfortunately.

I'd say the only time we were in a worse position was the season we were actually relegated.

I was quite chipper that pre-season tbh.

I was being very literal, but at least there were some reasons to be positive that summer.  Pardew still being in charge just makes it feel as if we've dodged the bullet this year and then went back to the shooter to give them a full AK47 to try again.

I know, I just don't agree to the epic-wrist slit nature of most others.

*Pardew out disclaimer*

We're at best a 8th place team, if we come there next season I'll happy. It's the attitude towards cups I have a problem with.

Pardew's different from the team just being rubbish imo, this is a man who does not want the team he's managing to finish in the top six of the league in case it jeopardises his own job, a man who makes no attempt to win certain football matches (any away game), indeed a man who doesn't even attempt to compete in games against certain teams, only turns up because he's obliged to by the fixture list. He's a spineless shitbag who, far from wanting to make me feel proud of NUFC, attempts to make me feel like I support a tiny diddy little team who have no business even being on the same pitch as a magnificent club like Man City or Spurs and that I should feel lucky for what I've got and shut the f*** up.

He is utter poison.

Top top post :clap:

He is utter poison.

:thup: Just a shame this couldn't have been put on Pardew's headstone as manager today.  I'm particularly galled at feeling like an increasingly tiny club as we go on.

Very reluctant to disagree with these as they're obviously very heartfelt opinions.

All I would say is that I think the negative nature of this season and the hyper-analysis of every word Pardew says has coloured this debate a bit. He might be an average manager but he's not a complete and utter moron. He's a professional football person, he knows how big Newcastle is and he would clearly want to finish as high up the league as he can.

The stuff about Europa league was throwaway, many managers probably think the same but don't say it. I don't have the quotes to hand now but I remember many occasions last season when Pardew said exactly the right things about how 'we are Newcastle' and 'we should go out to try and win every game' and 'I know Newcastle fans want positive attacking football'.

All of this is old ground obviously, I would just say that Pardew's (probably limited) ability has been shaken by this horrible season and he has struggled to turn it around. That has manifested partly in him saying some stupid things because he's generally too open in interviews.

No real conclusion from this, except that I don't really believe that Pardew is as cowardly as people say. He must want to win every game, give the fans something decent to watch, and finish as high up as possible.

The real criticism is whether he has the ability to produce it, not whether he wants to or not.

It might seem unambitious (and effectively there's no way this team can grow playing the way it does under Pardew), but I'd chalk this one down to Ashley and Llambias being ignorant about football, rather than a purposeful effort (or lack thereof) so as to hold the club back.

-Terrible set-pieces. The illustration here of course being not scoring from a corner over a season.

-Inability to turn a losing position into a winning position - only happened twice under this management.

-Inability to consistently construct attacking moves and retain possession.

-Terrible team defending that results in conceding 68 goals over a league season.

-Terrible mental preparation for games. The illustration here being losing in abject fashion at home to your local rivals and Liverpool, in what would have been high-stakes matches even without considering the fact that the team was still in grave danger of relegation.

-Terrible fitness.

-Never building on leads obtained during a game, and therefore the winning position is always in the balance.

-etc.

The main excuses used by Pardew (injuries and the Europa League) don't actually excuse any of these deficiencies. The only logical explanation to the above is poor coaching and management. That is, to anybody who takes an active interest in what goes on on the football pitch. The people who run this club don't and therefore these excuses have been bought; with the obvious consequence being that the manager will be allowed to continue, hoping for better circumstances ahead.

I think more than Ashley, it's actually Pardew the manager who is in many ways a lack of ambition personified. The only way we can progress under him is if the ghost of Ernst Happel arises and supplants Pardew's soul from his body, or if Newcastle United suspends all footballing activities as Pardew takes a five year sabbatical studying football management under Alex Ferguson while working as his butler and sometimes caregiver or when, after 10 years as our manager, Pardew finally develops the requisite footballing principles, ideas and solutions - Newcastle's probable multiple relegations during this period notwithstanding.

In any case we're just wasting our time and our best players' best years.

He is utter poison.

Very reluctant to disagree with these as they're obviously very heartfelt opinions.

All I would say is that I think the negative nature of this season and the hyper-analysis of every word Pardew says has coloured this debate a bit. He might be an average manager but he's not a complete and utter moron. He's a professional football person, he knows how big Newcastle is and he would clearly want to finish as high up the league as he can.

The stuff about Europa league was throwaway, many managers probably think the same but don't say it. I don't have the quotes to hand now but I remember many occasions last season when Pardew said exactly the right things about how 'we are Newcastle' and 'we should go out to try and win every game' and 'I know Newcastle fans want positive attacking football'.

All of this is old ground obviously, I would just say that Pardew's (probably limited) ability has been shaken by this horrible season and he has struggled to turn it around. That has manifested partly in him saying some stupid things because he's generally too open in interviews.

No real conclusion from this, except that I don't really believe that Pardew is as cowardly as people say. He must want to win every game, give the fans something decent to watch, and finish as high up as possible.

The real criticism is whether he has the ability to produce it, not whether he wants to or not.

I think you're out of your tree if you think Pardew wants to finish in a European spot next season. If we finished 6th and he had the choice between that activating a European spot and not (due to cups etc), he would choose not 100% of the time.

Pardew's only interested in himself and keeping his job. He's laughing at us, especially people like yourself who give him the benefit of the doubt.

I couldn't give a fucking toss what other managers think about European competition. Any manager who thinks that they would prefer not to be in it is a cunt and a coward, no matter who they manage, and Pardew is top of that particular tree. I've seen enough of his team to know how much of a coward he is Ian, no matter how much you cling to this idealised view of him.

I agree with you about the fact that everyone should want to be in Europe and it's wrong not to, I just think that criticism of the view that it's an inconvenience is a criticism of modern football rather than Pardew specifically.

I also agree that many selections this season weren't as positive as I would like.

I don't idealise him at all, I just think he's an average manager rather than an evil person out to take the piss out of Newcastle United.

Guest zicomartin

The thing that I remember saying the most this season is, why has he (Pardew) battered the confidence out of these players?

Literally, from the beginning 2 or 3 games of the season after finishng 5th... I couldn't understand it, it just wasnt logical.  Yet that was what I felt I was watching.

I was hoping I was wrong, but it just got worse. Only for a few weeks after the  January signings did it subside and we began to look more rejuvenated and invigorated.

But not for long.

That was obviously enough to spark a revival significant enough to eventually avoid relegation, but its just too obvious where the problem lies...

I dont get to games any more, I'm in the US, but it still hurts like hell to watch.

The thing that I remember saying the most this season is, why has he (Pardew) battered the confidence out of these players?

The results have done that, the question is why he hasn't been able to reverse it.

That's utter bollocks Ian. He's in the press constantly saying that they're all knackered, that they're not good enough to win Game X or Game Y, that the bench are all shit, that the young players are all shit, that we can't compete with *team we're playing today* on and on and on. You just kid yourself that he's actually saying the exact opposite in the dressing room - I suspect that he's not.

It's basic human psychology and a self-fulfilling prophecy. The great modern managers go in front of the press and protect their players. Pardew blames his.

Part 1 of his season review just been posted on NUFC TV: http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/TV/FeaturesDetail/0,,10278~3189137,00.html

Fancy summarising? ;)

Blamed Europa and injured immediately

Injuries

Europa league

Mistakes at every level of the club

Wanted 3 or 4 wins after fulham

Best form team in the last 15 games apart from top 6

Last 15 games we was strong

Got ourselves in great positions in away games but for whatever reason we couldn't get it over the line

PL getting tougher and tougher away from home

Been ok at home

Less entertainment than last year

Injuries

Only 1 good striker

Cancelling my subscription. We've been a shower of shite since I signed up.

Changing my work password from PardewOut1! after just 12 days tomorrow instead of the customary 28.  Has clearly worked the opposite way to which I intended.

What I don't get - and this really needs addressing - is the fact that he constantly states that we won't be able to hold on to players like Cabaye, HBA etc. if "big" teams with more money come in for them. What kind of spineless f***tard says that and basically openly invites teams to make an offer for them. Like what Wullie said, he makes us look like a piece of s*** and makes out that we can't financially compete with those sort of teams. And then you just have to look at the facts:

http://i.imgur.com/Zkdc2Bc.png

We are in the top 20 richest clubs in the World and we are managed by the same guy that was sacked by Southampton and West Ham and shunned out of Charlton - I repeat - Charlton Athletic.

What a disgrace.