Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

This is all well and good, Sy. But, where do we go from here? What happens now?

You'll forgive me if I don't have the champagne on ice just yet.

I can't see any other way out of this than Ashley selling up sooner rather than later. Nobody is ever going to work for him, not after this. Nobody else than the Kinnear's of this world.

And who in their right mind would sign for us this summer?

Fucking hell.

I can't see any other way out of this than Ashley selling up sooner rather than later. Nobody is ever going to work for him, not after this. Nobody else than the Kinnear's of this world.

And who in their right mind would sign for us this summer?

Fucking hell.

Is there any way in which all this makes a sale more likely though? Can't see it myself.

I'm suprised with everything thats happened over the last two days that people are still wishing Pardew would walk away.

Gone are any pipe dreams of a Laurdup, Benitez, Martinez now. I f***ing dread to think who would be put in if Pardew goes.

Gerry Francis is available tbf  :cheesy:

This is what worries me the most, I saw one report where he said that the club or Kinnear had been in touch.  As it currently stands, Pardew is probably our best hope.  We've really sunk that low.

I'm suprised with everything thats happened over the last two days that people are still wishing Pardew would walk away.

Gone are any pipe dreams of a Laurdup, Benitez, Martinez now. I f***ing dread to think who would be put in if Pardew goes.

Gerry Francis is available tbf  :cheesy:

This is what worries me the most, I saw one report where he said that the club or Kinnear had been in touch.  As it currently stands, Pardew is probably our best hope.  We've really sunk that low.

The Francis link was from the last time JFK was here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/gerry-francis-ponders-newcastle-offer-956381.html

Guest Phil K
As it currently stands, Pardew is probably our best hope.  We've really sunk that low.

That REALLY is Nightmare Alley. the season hasn't even started yet we are all praying we can avoid relegation, and expectations are at an all time LOW.

THAT is how Kinnears appointment should be read. The appalling mess he made of his interview for 10-15 minutes on Talk Sport astonished even the media, never mind us (and what probably led to Llambias going I suspect)

There's only one candidate if Pardew goes like

Really he can't do three jobs,  people are going over the top with conjectures.

First they say JFK will be the new manager, or he is the DOF or now he will also be the managing director.

Come on.

There's only one candidate if Pardew goes like

Really he can't do three jobs,  people are going over the top with conjectures.

First they say JFK will be the new manager, or he is the DOF or now he will also be the managing director.

Come on.

He will be the new manager. The DoF role was invented to reintroduce him to the club, no need for it to persist once he's got his dirty hands on the manager job. He called himself a football manager in the TS interview too. As for the MD role, God knows who we'll get. Probably Dennis fucking Wise.

Pardew is staying according to Ryder in the Chronicle. No surprise really, he's never really been one to put principle above money. It's not like the useless tosser will ever get a job like this again.

Pardew is staying according to Ryder in the Chronicle. No surprise really, he's never really been one to put principle above money. It's not like the useless tosser will ever get a job like this again.

never ? why did he leave west ham ?

I hope Pardew does stay. I hope Ashley never has to make a managerial appointment ever again. I hope Pardew stands his ground and gets results on the pitch. I've always maintained Ashley is the problem and not Pardew, Llambias, Kinnear or the players. We are run under his dictatorship and i fucking hate it. 

never ? why did he leave west ham ?

I'm not sure, I don't follow West Ham that closely. They were heading for relegation and as far as I know he left by mutual consent with the owners.

Unbelievable when you think about it, but the one problem that would have set us up for an exciting season a month ago was Pardew.

If we'd replaced him with someone more suitable - I'd have really high hopes.

Instead, Ashley's managed to make him the least of our problems. We now have a crap manager working under an imbecile maniac, a squad that's likely to be strongly decimated and an owner who's lost his only strategic input.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8783313/

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew vows to stay

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has vowed to remain at the club in the wake of key changes at St James' Park.

Former United manager Joe Kinnear was named the club's technical director on Tuesday, a move that has not met with universal approval among supporters.

Managing director Derek Llambias has since resigned from his post, leading to speculation about Pardew's future.

But he has insisted he will stay at St James' Park to try and improve on a disappointing season that saw Newcastle finish in 16th position, five points above the relegation places.

"I am staying - to take the club up the league," Pardew told the Newcastle Chronicle.

News of Llambias' departure comes on the day the fixtures for the new season were announced, with United facing a tough trip to Manchester City on the weekend of August 17-19.

Pardew signed an eight-year contract in September last year, his reward for guiding the club into the Premier League's top five and back into Europe.

However, the top flight Manager of the Year's fortunes dipped alarmingly last season when a squad which had not been sufficiently strengthened during the summer, much to his disappointment, was exposed as it attempted to negotiate its way through a cluttered fixture schedule.

Ashley backed a belated January rebuilding programme as an unlikely fight against relegation ensued, but the Magpies limped over the finishing line to come home in 16th place.

Pardew's future was a matter of some speculation as a difficult campaign drew to a close, and even he admitted he could be relieved of his duties.

However, he emerged from an end-of-season debrief still in post and ready for a fresh assault on the Premier League.

He will work alongside Kinnear to identify new signings, although Sky Sports understands the club have now decided against signing Brazilian-born defender Douglas.

Douglas is available on a free transfer after leaving FC Twente, and an agreement with Newcastle was on the cards.

However, the 25-year-old will now not be moving to St James' Park and Sky Sports understands that the decision was made by Kinnear.

It is understood Kinnear has already identified other defensive targets for the club to move for this summer.