Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Not the usual thing one says, but he got his subs right tonight. Fair play, performance was poor but we're through.

Tonight was a step too far for me. Pick two strikers not great in the air and hoof it at them. I'd tried all this time to stay positive and think how it could be worse. I can't be arsed now.

Fucking clown.

Tonight was a step too far for me. Pick two strikers not great in the air and hoof it at them. I'd tried all this time to stay positive and think how it could be worse. I can't be arsed now.

f***ing clown.

Aye we were fucking awful, especially first 60 minutes. Had to keep reminding myself of te level of opposition.

From Skysports match report:

Morecambe combined a fluidity in their play with a physical presence which rattled the visitors at times, with France international Mathieu Debuchy being given a rough ride by experienced striker Kevin Ellison.

By contrast, the Magpies repeatedly went long in a bid to get in behind their hosts, too often with little success until their late salvo.

Didn't surprise me we looked at our best when we got a big man up front. Until then we looked like a bunch of individuals thrown together and told to just go out and play. Morecambe actually moved the ball around quicker when they had it on the deck which just highlights Pardew's utter lack of ideas about the passing game.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't surprise me we looked at our best when we got a big man up front. Until then we looked like a bunch of individuals thrown together and told to just go out and play. Morecambe actually moved the ball around quicker when they had it on the deck which just highlights Pardew's utter lack of ideas about the passing game.

He simply cant train passing football, wish he could though.

I have an honest question:

Since results and performances have been absolute shit for about a year now:

Why doesn't he try something different?

Why doesn't he look elsewhere for ideas or inspiration?

He's been given more time than most (all other in Europe) managers considering his results/performances. He's had time to think about things. Still, he believes that aiming to keep the shape, launching towards whoever plays upfront and not move is the way to win games? He's got nothing to lose. We concede the living hell out of ourselves anyway, we lose all the time. We've lost 21 games since November. Is he this fucking moronic?

Guest bimpy474

I have an honest question:

Since results and performances have been absolute shit for about a year now:

Why doesn't he try something different?

Why doesn't he look elsewhere for ideas or inspiration?

He's been given more time than most (all other in Europe) managers considering his results/performances. He's had time to think about things. Still, he believes that aiming to keep the shape, launching towards whoever plays upfront and not move is the way to win games? He's got nothing to lose. We concede the living hell out of ourselves anyway, we lose all the time. We've lost 21 games since November. Is he this fucking moronic?

I think he is, that and he seems scared to let his team go for it.

I think he's worked out that the excuses work wonders as well, with press, former players, fans and maybe the owner.  Don't know about the final one for sure because you can never be sure with him.  Anyway as a result he's never really been under any pressure to change things.

There's much more to it than that though. I don't believe for one second that Pardew instructs the players to stand still and provide no options for the man on the ball. But that's how we play, week in week out. It's really noticeable on throw ins, they sometimes take an eternity because nobody shows for the ball, or makes a little run away from his marker.

Pardew doesn't spend time on the training ground coaching the lads to be static, but whatever he's doing that's the end result. To an extent I think that's where the hoof originates, just a lack of an available pass. But when you see Krul and Elliot coming almost to the halfway line to lump free kicks forward, then that can only come from Pardew.

There's much more to it than that though. I don't believe for one second that Pardew instructs the players to stand still and provide no options for the man on the ball. But that's how we play, week in week out. It's really noticeable on throw ins, they sometimes take an eternity because nobody shows for the ball, or makes a little run away from his marker.

Pardew doesn't spend time on the training ground coaching the lads to be static, but whatever he's doing that's the end result. To an extent I think that's where the hoof originates, just a lack of an available pass. But when you see Krul and Elliot coming almost to the halfway line to lump free kicks forward, then that can only come from Pardew.

Keegan's 5 a side practice sessions were done specifically to encourage quick one touch passing. It showed on the pitch. When you see our keepers and defenders launching the ball long down the pitch there's probably a reason.

Guest bimpy474

We have no sideways movement imo (apart from HBA), it always seems in straight lines. So that the team is still in shape if it breaks down. He does seem scared to let the team play with freedom.

Guest tollemache

As promised, I'll be advocating sacking this chap if we don't see an upturn in performances between now and January. I'm a big fan of sticking with managers through shitty patches and giving them time and support, and that is what he has now had. At the wildest stretch I could just about take giving him another window, if this one doesn't go well, but really... Christmas. I live in hope. That said, any discernible upturn in performances and I'd go straight back to being a continuity nut.