Alan Pardew

Mike

Cardiff weren't great but we were genuinely cohesive, and hungry. We didn't just score two fantastic goals, we probably had something like 15 attempts and 6-7 shots on target, and were on course to double the number of shots on target we've had this season in a single game.

... then the second half happened.

Guest neesy111

We won didn't we? I'm sure your tactical masterstrokes would have made us win 7-1 instead, but Jonas didn't put a foot wrong defensively and Ben Arfa worried them enough when he came on.

So why did we sit back 15 yards 2nd half?

:notbad:

Criticised him for not playing hba/Anita/mym, he proved what I know, shit all, great result, great tactics! Got a bit nervy when they scored which once again our players need to improve on but overall it was a sense of relief and satisfaction! Love international breaks on the back of a win!....Apologies to those who wanted him to lose so he would be sacked!

This is a blatant wind up, like.

Got the team selection right, got the subs right. Second half performance wasn't a patch but on the first but once they scored fans got into it and Cardiff looked better.

We've done what Man City couldn't.

So Williamson playing and Jonás coming on were the right decisions?

We've won today because Cardiff were monumentally s*** in the first half and Rémy's scored two fantastic goals. Not because the team selection and Pardew's tactics were right. We've been extremely fortunate.

So they weren't shit because of the way we played? Christ, I'd suggest finding something better to do on a Saturday because if you feel like this when we win I don't think it's worth it.

Got the team selection right, got the subs right. Second half performance wasn't a patch but on the first but once they scored fans got into it and Cardiff looked better.

We've won today because Cardiff were monumentally shit in the first half and Rémy's scored two fantastic goals. Not because the team selection and Pardew's tactics were right. We've been extremely fortunate.

Second half we were all over the place with tactics a mess, first half he got it right with the approach and setup, which created those opportunities for Remy.

Starting XI is debatable. I would have started HBA instead of Gouffran. The fear/expectation being promoted sides tend to be more "physical" so Gouffran was the safer choice. May have been the reasoning for Tiote over Anita as well. Subs were a mess.

Not seen anything of the game and I disagreed with his team selection but it sounds like we played some decent stuff in scoring two goals and winning away from home. I don't rate the guy but it seems churlish to complain about him tonight.

Watch the second half.

We won didn't we? I'm sure your tactical masterstrokes would have made us win 7-1 instead, but Jonas didn't put a foot wrong defensively and Ben Arfa worried them enough when he came on.

So we could absorb their extra pressure and play them on the break?

Guest neesy111

We've won today because Cardiff were monumentally s*** in the first half and Rémy's scored two fantastic goals. Not because the team selection and Pardew's tactics were right. We've been extremely fortunate.

So they weren't shit because of the way we played? Christ, I'd suggest finding something better to do on a Saturday because if you feel like this when we win I don't think it's worth it.

Your the one posting what Id call utter crap.  Did you see the 2nd half?

So they weren't shit because of the way we played?

You'll get your answer when we play Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea.

You mean put the goal under immense pressure because every clearance came straight back at us until Ben Arfa came on.

Instead of doing what we did in the first half?

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Leeds

Everton

Cardiff

8 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

W5 D1 L2

Probably one loss too many from those games.  But not the catastrophe some feared.

If hitting the ball up to Cissé and it bouncing off him with none of our players being within 25 isn't a terrible tactic then I don't know what is.

Guest neesy111

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Leeds

Everton

Cardiff

8 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

W5 D1 L2

Probably one loss too many from those games.  But not the catastrophe some feared.

If you're including league cup games then you're a joke, a complete joke.

Guest bimpy474

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Leeds

Everton

Cardiff

W5 D1 L2

May i point while they were wins, wins against League 2 and Championship clubs skew things a bit.

At least he had them right up for it from the start today, though you would think that was a basic managerial requirement. Our workrate was much improved.

His changes were justified as well, so a good day for him.

Guest firetotheworks

He was unlucky to come away with the win today. He made all the right decisions in that second half, but it didn't quite come off.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Leeds

Everton

Cardiff

W5 D1 L2

If you're including league cup games then you're a joke, a complete joke.

I was getting wrong off people for leaving them out earlier in the thread  :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

At least he had them right up for it from the start today, though you would think that was a basic managerial requirement. Our workrate was much improved.

His changes were justified as well, so a good day for him.

Jonas for remy man! If you're gonna bring Jonas on for anyone surely it should be for cisse. Edit he was injured....oops

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Leeds

Everton

Cardiff

W5 D1 L2

Last 49 league games:

Win percentage - 30.61%

Draws per game - 18.37%

Defeats per game - 51.02%

Points per game - 1.10

Goals for per game - 1.16

Goals against per game - 1.82

Which resulted in a 1-0 second half scoreline and put us under pressure.

At some point you'll understand that attacking the other team is a much better defensive strategy than playing an 'attackers vs defenders' training game in a PL match.