Alan Pardew

Mike

We seemed to ride a bit of a wave of "luck" however you want to define it in the 5th placed season. I remember performances like the Norwich one on multiple occasions before starting to kick on after January and start winning games with more control.

If we can do something like that again then I'm all for it :)

the point I was making, and is valid. Is this thing about Pardew being lucky to have an inform striker this season, can be applied to countless managers and teams down the years.

You'll change your mind about him again in a month or so.

is he too negative when we take a lead -yes.

Is he a bottling cunt against the Mackems - yes.

Would I have him sacked after the derbies-yes.

Is he doing well with results, right now-yes

Will you change tack again when the results do, yes.

Will you aknowledge he has done well getting three wins?

I already have, mate.

We are 8th in the table, 2 points off a champions league spot, i would say majority of fans are now feeling happy about the season, considering how negative a lot were in the summer. You however just refuse to give the team the credit they deserve for the efforts they are putting in of late. They are working their socks off for each other and it's good to see. Claiming them to be lucky after matches is a real shame for them and undeserved.

We are indeed lucky to have such a hard working and honest bunch of players.

Does that count as being lucky ?

We are 8th in the table, 2 points off a champions league spot, i would say majority of fans are now feeling happy about the season, considering how negative a lot were in the summer. You however just refuse to give the team the credit they deserve for the efforts they are putting in of late. They are working their socks off for each other and it's good to see. Claiming them to be lucky after matches is a real shame for them and undeserved.

Not really sure what is being asked here, i haven't mentioned luck. Wouldn't say we are lucky to have a hard working group. Pardew has obviously got them playing as a team more this season and upped our work rate in games. Players then deserve credit for going out there and executing that.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's only burned us against Hull, and we all know what he's trying to do by inviting the opposition to come at us.

Would have worked better against Norwich too, but for a shitty decsion.

I think that's being kind.

It's only burned us against Hull, and we all know what he's trying to do by inviting the opposition to come at us.

That's a bit too far IMO. I wouldn't say its being kind, nor unkind either.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

KI, you are - and I mean this absolutely sincerely - a collossal bellend. You've got such a nerve to take an extreme attitude against personality quirks that you yourself are guilty of, more than most. You are a genuinely unlikeable person. :thup:

The bellend comment is coming from an expert at it. :lol:

KI has lost the plot in the last few weeks on here like, take a chill pill mate.

Tbf IMO I wouldn't say he's completely lost the plot - nor would I say that he has complete control of the plot.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle. Let's just hope he hasn't lost the plot.

the point I was making, and is valid. Is this thing about Pardew being lucky to have an inform striker this season, can be applied to countless managers and teams down the years.

Bobby turned Shearer back into an in for striker, I don't know why you've brought those two into this.  :lol:

Even shearer himself confirmed this on MOTD2 last night :lol:

With an outlet like Remy our ability on the break is much improved.  We seem to hit him the vast majority of the time we play out of defence.  And we do play out of defence now, we don't hoof and hope much anymore, inviting pressure back onto ourselves immediately as we did far too much last season, we just sit deeper and commit fewer bodies up the field when we have the ball and the lead.

I don't particularly like that approach, especially at home, I think it's fair enough to criticise it when it doesn't work.  But when it does work, then all credit. 

Not really sure what is being asked here, i haven't mentioned luck. Wouldn't say we are lucky to have a hard working group. Pardew has obviously got them playing as a team more this season and upped our work rate in games. Players then deserve credit for going out there and executing that.

Sorry mate, maybe  the intended irony didn't come through. I probably needed a smiley of some sort.

Guest neesy111

KI has lost the plot in the last few weeks on here like, take a chill pill mate.

He's a different person in the film thread, genuinely nice guy.

Like Jekyll and Hyde when he switches between football and chat :aww:

Could say the same for 90% of the forum. :lol:

True :laugh:

Guest neesy111

True :laugh:

Probably shows how passionate we are all, just it clashes on here with different opinions.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't mean any malice with you tbh Brett. I get riled and that because I think that you talk an awful lot of crap, but you think I do; Hence the forum.

I don't particularly like that approach, especially at home, I think it's fair enough to criticise it when it doesn't work.  But when it does work, then all credit. 

If we win the game - all good, nothing to discuss, all credit.

If we lose - OK now you can criticize.

Hurrr.

If we win the game - all good, nothing to discuss, all credit.

If we lose - OK now you can criticize.

Hurrr.

You can criticise whatever you like whenever you like.  There's plenty to criticise after a win.  Tiote's shooting got more of my ire than Pardew's tactics though, which worked fine, albeit they could have worked better but for poor officiating.