Alan Pardew

Mike

I'm very concerned with our inability to kill games off. We've been fortunate to have great team defensive performances and I'll never argue with the results - but this was a match that needed killing off.

Really hope we go in and sign a target man striker to pair with Remy capable of doing the Shola role better; if that's how we're going to play for the foreseeable future.

I'm very concerned with our inability to kill games off. We've been fortunate to have great team defensive performances and I'll never argue with the results - but this was a match that needed killing off.

Really hope we go in and sign a target man striker to pair with Remy capable of doing the Shola role better; if that's how we're going to play for the foreseeable future.

Not possible.

dunno wba are a good side and its only their 2nd loss away from home (which includes trips to old trafford and stamford bridge) so not sure we should just be killing them off. Its a very good win

dunno wba are a good side and its only their 2nd loss away from home (which includes trips to old trafford and stamford bridge) so not sure we should just be killing them off. Its a very good win

Agree. I was really pissed off with the way we allowed Norwich back into the game last week but thought we kept pressing today and never stopped looking to get at them. No complaints from me.

Agree. I was really pissed off with the way we allowed Norwich back into the game last week but thought we kept pressing today and never stopped looking to get at them. No complaints from me.

We allowed Norwich time and space to get a foothold into the game last week. Today West Brom stepped it up a gear once they went behind, they started playing a bit more aggressively and get themselves back into it as opposed to us allowing them back into it.

What a turnaround, it has to be said. Not the way most of us would want this team set up or playing, but the heart, determination, and the solidarity shown by everyone has completely turned this entire club around in a short period. Some tough, tough games coming up now, with the fucking rank Christmas period, we really needed these points in our bag. Howay the lads!

It's not as if we didn't have chances to put it to bed either. Fkn ref didn't help like.

Jonas started about 34 games last season, maybe more. Although Pardew obviously would have preferred a better player (ie a fully integrated Gouffran) it looked canny clear (to me atleast) that he was starting him because he was in his preferred XI.

There were players I personally would have played ahead of him last season in a different formation, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people felt the same. We've won 4 games though so it's all fucking proper mint.

When we subbed Remy for Anita I couldn't quite work that one out. It got rid of our one player who could threaten them on the counter and allowed them to press us back for the final 10 minutes of the game with no fear of being killed off, but luckily they had more or less given up by then.

I thought we looked less negative than usual in the second half? Or am I just so happy we've won 4 in a row that I'm imagining it? Fair play like, brilliant month.

Venky, you're turning the corner, no longer blaming the opposition for our wins. I would carry on with my list of teams but there's now that many, i've forgot half of them.

That's it. He's gone back to what he knows and he is good at it tbf. It'll never be exciting but he's not up to anything different.

He's also largely abandoned several staples (such as Krul taking all free kicks more than forty yards from their goal and the lump to Williamson). Question remains as to what happens when one or two injuries arrive, what happens when we go behind etc but life feels so much easier when we're winning so enjoy it.

That sums it up perfectly for me - think he maybe got carried away with the 5th place finish and Manager of the Year awards and thought he was the next Mourinho, this year has gone back to what he knows best, which isn't always pretty but can certainly be effective.