Alan Pardew

Mike

And to be fair to the bloke if he suggested for one second that Colo was staying we'd hammer him for talking utter s****.  You can't fault his honesty.

Agree. In fact he cannot say that any player is staying. No manager can. I watched Laudrup say exactly that in a tv interview tonight. What would people expect David Moyes to say if asked whether all the star players will still be at at ManU next season? 

Stop being so reasonable man. Pardew is the devil's spawn.

And to be fair to the bloke if he suggested for one second that Colo was staying we'd hammer him for talking utter s****.  You can't fault his honesty.

Agree. In fact he cannot say that any player is staying. No manager can. I watched Laudrup say exactly that in a tv interview tonight. What would people expect David Moyes to say if asked whether all the star players will still be at at ManU next season? 

Something more diplomatic or deflecting maybe? No one can be sure but in the image of improvement you can insist you have no intention of losing your best players when you've recently claimed the squad was too small to deal with the season just past and if anything you are hoping to strengthen it to improve on a disappointing season maybe?

Something more diplomatic or deflecting maybe? No one can be sure but in the image of improvement you can insist you have no intention of losing your best players when you've preachy claimed the squad was too small to deal with the season just past and if anything you are hoping to strengthen it to improve on a disappointing season maybe?

Something like he did days before Ashley sold Carroll?

Something more diplomatic or deflecting maybe? No one can be sure but in the image of improvement you can insist you have no intention of losing your best players when you've preachy claimed the squad was too small to deal with the season just past and if anything you are hoping to strengthen it to improve on a disappointing season maybe?

Something like he did days before Ashley sold Carroll?

There's a difference between saying you haven't got any intentions on letting players go and telling people that they definitely aren't going.

I know what he's saying and how he means it but it's the way he blurts these things out that is astoundingly amateur. His last few interviews have been ridiculous.

Something more diplomatic or deflecting maybe? No one can be sure but in the image of improvement you can insist you have no intention of losing your best players when you've recently claimed the squad was too small to deal with the season just past and if anything you are hoping to strengthen it to improve on a disappointing season maybe?

He'd get called a c*nt if he came out with that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/17/newcastle-united-alan-pardew-staying

Alan Pardew has been reassured that his job as Newcastle United's manager is secure after a meeting with Mike Ashley on Friday. The club's owner arrived at the training ground in his helicopter before spending time chatting to players and enjoying a convivial lunch with Pardew.

"There is no uncertainty in my mind," said Pardew, whose side secured their Premier League status only by winning at Queens Park Rangers on Sunday. "I expect to be manager here next season 100%."

After finishing fifth last year this campaign has been a disappointment and Newcastle's manager is keen to reinforce his young squad with a little more experience. "We have some fantastic young players and they will all have gained from this year's extra pressure," said Pardew.

"It will make them stronger but we need to bring in experience, it's what this team needs. We've got a lot of young players with potential who need guidance around them."

Part of the Ashley blueprint which has transformed Newcastle into one of the Premier League's most financially healthy clubs has been to avoid signing players over the age of 25. "That's just a guideline," said Pardew. "I don't think we've ever said we'd never buy an over-25.

"In my initial discussions with Mike and Derek [Llambias, Newcastle's managing director] I have been highlighting the experience issue but I don't think there's ever been a really set rule about transfers. I don't think the experience we need necessarily has to be Premier League experience but players who can guide some of the younger ones."

Although Pardew has a more detailed planning meeting with Ashley scheduled for next week he does not expect transfer activity to begin until July. By then, Fabricio Coloccini, who currently offers Newcastle considerable leadership and experience, will have decided whether he still wants to return to Argentina or is ready to remain on Tyneside. If, as expected, he heads for South America then Pardew must fill a considerable void.

Potential replacements will be shortlisted during the chat with Ashley next week. "We'll be discussing pre-season plans and recruitment," Pardew said. "And mistakes made this year."

If we get murdered by Arsenal, Pardew might be in trouble then.

but if we win it would in Ashleys mind justify keeping him

As if this isn't justification enough:

"What we believe, is that for one we have the right manager and he has ambition and it is all about stability and we believe Newcastle needs to have this to go forward and have success,"

"There is no coincidence that Manchester United with Sir Alex has been there over 25 years and has created stability and with that has come success, and along with Arsene Wenger stability has come success.

"What we have achieved over the last five years has been tremendous, we have put a lot into the model, financially we are stable and that will continue and now it's all about stability on the pitch, and having the right managing and coaching staff and chief scout. It is a fantastic move for us and those individuals.

"The long-term contracts with the players and the manager can only make things better going forward, Alan is delighted he loves the job, he loves the North East and has a real drive to bring a trophy to us and hopefully we will get there in the coming years."

"You can't keep changing your manager because you have a bad a run,"

"David Moyes for instance has done a fantastic job at Everton - they are going to be right up there, so we are looking for that sort of stability and so to give Alan the eight years is the right thing to do."

"We are pleased, very pleased we are doing something different in football, this eight-year deal is something different in football and it shows our commitment to where we believe we should be,"

"Our model is not rocket science, other Premier League clubs do the same but over a four-year period we have taken them from a very bad financial position to a very good position which will only get better, and we will continue to strive to make football affordable for our fans and to fill that stadium and by having entertaining football is the way of doing it."

They're absolutely clueless, and there's no way they'll publicly lose face a mere 9 months after this arrogant declaration of adopting a model where stability ensures success.

Edit: well, that Dave post pretty much confirms the above then..

That is an absolutely outrageous stream of bullshit from a total fucking arsehole of a person. We have experience in our team, we don't play many 20 year olds or whatever, he's just using our transfer policy as yet another excuse. If our higher-ups are falling for each and every one of these then we're massively in trouble.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-alan-pardew-confident-manager-1895676

Alan Pardew fully expects to be manager of Newcastle again next season.

Owner Mike Ashley flew in to the training ground on Friday to give a “pull together” message ahead of planning for 2013-14.

Pardew sparked speculation a week ago by saying he feared the owner could look for another boss, but club sources have played down that possibility following the win over QPR that meant the Toon were safe from relegation.

“There is no uncertainty in my mind. I expect to be manager," Pardew said before Sunday's season-finale at home to Champions League-chasing Arsenal.

“Mike came in today. He did the same last season when we did well. We had lunch together and it was nice to see him. He thanked each player for their efforts this season.

“We know it hasn’t been the greatest of seasons but we’ve given 100 per cent. We have to have a better season next time and pull together to do that.

“Like all clubs we will have a meeting to discuss plans for the year, pre season, recruitment and mistakes made this year.”

Pardew is keen to add “experience” to his squad, and admitted again that Liverpool's Geordie former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll would be a prospective buy, because “any manager in the division would be interested if he became available.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/17/newcastle-united-alan-pardew-staying

Although Pardew has a more detailed planning meeting with Ashley scheduled for next week he does not expect transfer activity to begin until July. By then, Fabricio Coloccini, who currently offers Newcastle considerable leadership and experience, will have decided whether he still wants to return to Argentina or is ready to remain on Tyneside. If, as expected, he heads for South America then Pardew must fill a considerable void.

Yeah that's probably fine. It's not like we've ever run into last minute issues and ran out of time to sign somebody. Let's just reward ourselves for staying up by taking a nice relaxing June.

Alan Pardew has been reassured that his job as Newcastle United's manager is secure after a meeting with Mike Ashley on Friday. The club's owner arrived at the training ground in his helicopter before spending time chatting to players and enjoying a convivial lunch with Pardew.

"There is no uncertainty in my mind," said Pardew, whose side secured their Premier League status only by winning at Queens Park Rangers on Sunday. "I expect to be manager here next season 100%."

After finishing fifth last year this campaign has been a disappointment and Newcastle's manager is keen to reinforce his young squad with a little more experience. "We have some fantastic young players and they will all have gained from this year's extra pressure," said Pardew.

"It will make them stronger but we need to bring in experience, it's what this team needs. We've got a lot of young players with potential who need guidance around them."

Part of the Ashley blueprint which has transformed Newcastle into one of the Premier League's most financially healthy clubs has been to avoid signing players over the age of 25. "That's just a guideline," said Pardew. "I don't think we've ever said we'd never buy an over-25.

"In my initial discussions with Mike and Derek [Llambias, Newcastle's managing director] I have been highlighting the experience issue but I don't think there's ever been a really set rule about transfers. I don't think the experience we need necessarily has to be Premier League experience but players who can guide some of the younger ones."

Potential replacements will be shortlisted during the chat with Ashley next week. "We'll be discussing pre-season plans and recruitment," Pardew said. "And mistakes made this year."

Strange contradiction of words.

Unfortunately I think 5th place last year has saved him because no one can honestly believe if you went by this season alone he deserves to be manager still. Our 'football' isn't even championship standard 3/4 of the time, never mind premiership. Right now, honestly I believe we'll be in a relegation battle again next season.