Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Where's the stats about our experience or lack of ?

I do love a pie chart.

Don't, please don't.

Well i was wondering when a pie/stat/loadofbollocks chart was going to come along and back Pardew up.

Unfortunately I think 5th place last year has saved him because no one can honestly believe if you went by this season alone he deserves to be manager still. Our 'football' isn't even championship standard 3/4 of the time, never mind premiership. Right now, honestly I believe we'll be in a relegation battle again next season.

I am completely flummoxed about next season. Logic dictates that what you just said is how it will pan out, but the eternal optimist inside says, "hey, maybe he will learn some lessons from last season and actually get the players together again!"

I guess denial is a huge part of football.

It's a perfectly natural thing to say IMO.

Not if you have 100% confidence and have been reassured by the owner. That would be 'I will be' rather than 'I expect to be'

Meh. If he'd said 'I hope to be' then I'd understand.

It's possible that Ashley just assured him the meeting would still be going ahead and he's read that as 'you'll be staying as manager'. Not saying he will be sacked but they don't sound like the words of someone who's had that definitive backing yet.

You sound pretty desperate mate. He's not going. :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

Well it'll definitely be interesting, could go a few ways.

1. Shit and shitter.

2. Improved but dull.

3. Surprisingly exciting.

Reckon it'll be number 2 myself.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/17/newcastle-united-alan-pardew-staying

Alan Pardew has been reassured that his job as Newcastle United's manager is secure after a meeting with Mike Ashley on Friday. The club's owner arrived at the training ground in his helicopter before spending time chatting to players and enjoying a convivial lunch with Pardew.

"There is no uncertainty in my mind," said Pardew, whose side secured their Premier League status only by winning at Queens Park Rangers on Sunday. "I expect to be manager here next season 100%."

After finishing fifth last year this campaign has been a disappointment and Newcastle's manager is keen to reinforce his young squad with a little more experience. "We have some fantastic young players and they will all have gained from this year's extra pressure," said Pardew.

"It will make them stronger but we need to bring in experience, it's what this team needs. We've got a lot of young players with potential who need guidance around them."

Part of the Ashley blueprint which has transformed Newcastle into one of the Premier League's most financially healthy clubs has been to avoid signing players over the age of 25. "That's just a guideline," said Pardew. "I don't think we've ever said we'd never buy an over-25.

"In my initial discussions with Mike and Derek [Llambias, Newcastle's managing director] I have been highlighting the experience issue but I don't think there's ever been a really set rule about transfers. I don't think the experience we need necessarily has to be Premier League experience but players who can guide some of the younger ones."

Although Pardew has a more detailed planning meeting with Ashley scheduled for next week he does not expect transfer activity to begin until July. By then, Fabricio Coloccini, who currently offers Newcastle considerable leadership and experience, will have decided whether he still wants to return to Argentina or is ready to remain on Tyneside. If, as expected, he heads for South America then Pardew must fill a considerable void.

Potential replacements will be shortlisted during the chat with Ashley next week. "We'll be discussing pre-season plans and recruitment," Pardew said. "And mistakes made this year."

Strange contradiction of words.

Nope, the guys grammar and speaking is just crap.

1. s*** and shitter.

2. Improved but dull.

I expect option 2.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/17/newcastle-united-alan-pardew-staying

Alan Pardew has been reassured that his job as Newcastle United's manager is secure after a meeting with Mike Ashley on Friday. The club's owner arrived at the training ground in his helicopter before spending time chatting to players and enjoying a convivial lunch with Pardew.

"There is no uncertainty in my mind," said Pardew, whose side secured their Premier League status only by winning at Queens Park Rangers on Sunday. "I expect to be manager here next season 100%."

After finishing fifth last year this campaign has been a disappointment and Newcastle's manager is keen to reinforce his young squad with a little more experience. "We have some fantastic young players and they will all have gained from this year's extra pressure," said Pardew.

"It will make them stronger but we need to bring in experience, it's what this team needs. We've got a lot of young players with potential who need guidance around them."

Part of the Ashley blueprint which has transformed Newcastle into one of the Premier League's most financially healthy clubs has been to avoid signing players over the age of 25. "That's just a guideline," said Pardew. "I don't think we've ever said we'd never buy an over-25.

"In my initial discussions with Mike and Derek [Llambias, Newcastle's managing director] I have been highlighting the experience issue but I don't think there's ever been a really set rule about transfers. I don't think the experience we need necessarily has to be Premier League experience but players who can guide some of the younger ones."

Although Pardew has a more detailed planning meeting with Ashley scheduled for next week he does not expect transfer activity to begin until July. By then, Fabricio Coloccini, who currently offers Newcastle considerable leadership and experience, will have decided whether he still wants to return to Argentina or is ready to remain on Tyneside. If, as expected, he heads for South America then Pardew must fill a considerable void.

Potential replacements will be shortlisted during the chat with Ashley next week. "We'll be discussing pre-season plans and recruitment," Pardew said. "And mistakes made this year."

Strange contradiction of words.

Nope, the guys grammar and speaking is just crap.

Well that I do agree with. It's why his quotes are alway so open for interpretation.

Unfortunately I think 5th place last year has saved him because no one can honestly believe if you went by this season alone he deserves to be manager still. Our 'football' isn't even championship standard 3/4 of the time, never mind premiership. Right now, honestly I believe we'll be in a relegation battle again next season.

I am completely flummoxed about next season. Logic dictates that what you just said is how it will pan out, but the eternal optimist inside says, "hey, maybe he will learn some lessons from last season and actually get the players together again!"

You just need to read the link I posted a few pages back, the guys so 1 dimensional he makes paper jealous. He has always been true to type and still plays the same game he played 7 years ago. If we're stuck with him, we're stuck with him, I won't back him but the players, as always get my full support. MA is just delaying the inevitable, he'll be gone by 2014.

1. s*** and shitter.

2. Improved but dull.

Expecting 2 but won't be surprised to see 1, will eat my own dick if its 3!

Quality. Another season written off. Not going back to SJP with this cunt in charge without a gun.

Tbh there will be plenty of people invading the thread saying "just be cool man, NUFC ain't that important really so we'll see how it goes, just get an annual Supa Snuka licence and stop moaning" but I'm with you.

I don't want to watch that shit anymore. The fun has been sucked out of supporting NUFC.

Bollocks.

We could bore my arse raw to success and I'd be happy. Dont get me wrong I'd prefer supafootbal but it's a bit of a misnomer because it's totally subjective regardless.

Unfortunately given the nature of the game we support a sports shop these days but those who pretend not to care or pretend to care too much are tools but I'm looking forward to next season, you never know we might do the unthinkable. The hope will kill me.

Think you need to clarify the word "bollocks" there tbh, if it's calling my opinion bollocks then I think you'll find my opinion is beyond dispute because it's my opinion and that. It was very often a chore watching us last year and obviously this season's been even worse. I don't watch football for us to fear the opposition and try to sneak a goal, I think I'm at the end of my tether with it.

Mainly the first bit but if you're willing to jack it in, just jack it in.

It's not a slight on you, you're one of the better ones, but the woe is me on here is doing my tits in. As I have said I don't like Pardew (the mandatory disclaimer) but if you can't look forward to a new season regardless then I struggle to resonate with your thoughts.

Plus, no doubt, you've watched shit from SBR onwards why would it be now you suddenly can't take it anymore?

You just need to read the link I posted a few pages back, the guys so 1 dimensional he makes paper jealous. He has always been true to type and still plays the same game he played 7 years ago. If we're stuck with him, we're stuck with him, I won't back him but the players, as always get my full support. MA is just delaying the inevitable, he'll be gone by 2014.

I used to think this but now I'm not sure any more. This is an owner who seems to think taking 37 games to ensure survival is an acceptable return. As long as the end result is the same (IE we're still a Premiership team) then I don't think he's bothered about any thing other than the finances.

Guest bimpy474

I think Ashley is pretty much in the same boat as the fans who say he deserves another chance, because of finishing 5th it's fair to assume Ashley may think another chance is warranted.

If he does start poorly, then that's when Ashley might pull the trigger.

I think Ashley is pretty much in the same boat as the fans who say he deserves another chance, because of finishing 5th it's fair to assume Ashley may think another chance is warranted.

Ashley is a very strange owner. He's sacked (or constructively sacked) managers when things were going well because he didn't get along with them. Seems like he'd prefer to have a struggling manager who will work within his restrictions compliantly than a successful manager who may actually make him buck up his ideas given he's not a football man and only understands finances.

Got to say you've really gone flaccid on this in recent days  :lol:

Ashley is a very strange owner. He's sacked (or constructively sacked) managers when things were going well because he didn't get along with them. Seems like he'd prefer to have a struggling manager who will work within his restrictions compliantly than a successful manager who may actually make him buck up his ideas given he's not a football man and only understands finances.

Have you had an epiphany in the last 10 minutes? You've gone from questioning the wording in that quote to perfectly understanding the root cause of why we are where we are within minutes.. :lol:

In their theory just having consistency in the management and coaching team, then spending and recruiting wisely should be enough to keep us in the premier league. Seems he would rather that then have his boat rocked by a far superior manager that would be more demanding of the board and would also have the fans on his side to add to the board room pressure.

I think this summer is a sign of his intentions for the club, if he replaces Pardew and also invests a little he is here for the long haul and still interested in the club. Otherwise I would expect him to be trying to keep the structural status quo until he a) makes his money back with a bit of interest or b) a take over is in the offing.

The constant stagnating under Ashley is infuriating, obviously you have to back the manager if he's here for good though, just really fucking irritating that there's always been a small amount of seemingly clear and repairable reasons why this club has never achieved anything near what it's capable.

If Arsenal come in and tonk us something filthy like 8-0, no way that guarantee Pardew stays holds up.

I don't care what they had for lunch when Ashley flew over.

Have you had an epiphany in the last 10 minutes? You've gone from questioning the wording in that quote to perfectly understanding the root cause of why we are where we are within minutes.. :lol:

I just want Pardew sacked :lol:. Honestly I have always understood the root cause but had a hope that Ashley would finally learn from his lessons (as we're stuck with him). I doubt any of the other 19 owners/chairmen would let him keep his job in similar circumstances. Just don't know why we have to be stuck with the stupid owner who knows nothing about football.

The word parsing is going to be brutal as long as Pardew's around isn't it? Yes? Joy.

You may have been asked this before but where is the land of pleasant living?

Baltimore, Maryland, USA. It's a slogan for a beer that was originally made here. :)