Alan Pardew

Mike

He's right about Prem experience though. That became obvious with the 2 home defeats.

No he isn't

Premier League experience is a load of tripe.

Competence matters. Ability. Did we, as a PL team, lose to Benfica because they had more Premier League experience than us? No.  Would you expect Barcelona to struggle in the PL because Messi & co haven't got Premier League experience? Of course not. To flip it round, did Michu play so well last season because of his vast PL experience? No.

It's a smokescreen. Another lazy lie to disguise the real reason we've been horrid all season.

PL exeperience as much means the old English 'keep going til the end' mentality as much as anything I think. As our players have proved numerous times in the last 2 seasons, once the chips are down they're rarely too bothered.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We need some new blood both on the coaching side of things and in the playing squad.

Agreed.

I don't know why people are surprised at this outcome, because they did say that they wanted to get away from sacking managers in reaction to one bad season.

Just going from this board, over the last two and a half years there has been a wild swing in the general opinion of Pardew from zero to hero and back again. You can understand Ashley wanting to get away from that.

:thup:

He had one amazing season and one truly shocking one, i think as Dave previously said they'll give him around half of the next season to show them that he's capable of taking the club forward, if not he'll be off.

That's great and all (and I think Dave's right btw), but if we're rooted in the relegation zone in November, who are we going to attract then? Especially if we really do adhere to the "no compensation fee" rule that some people think we have for managers?

Joe Fucking Kinnear is still available, I hear, and apparently there's a contract waiting for his signature too...

My last bit of hope is we've heard nothing official from the club and I just think back to Big Mike Ashley basically telling everyone he was going to give Shearer the full time job only to not.

What would the club say?

They told the world that hiring Alan Shearer was the best thing he's done and that he's working on making Alan the man to lead us forward. Only to not appoint Shearer and CH became our interim manager until finally getting the full time role.

In all honesty, I'll back whoever is our manager as there's no point in wasting my own energy on being pissed off with the manager. Hopefully he changes, hopefully we bring in some new coaching to work on the attacking side, and hopefully we continue to bring in quality players.

We need some new blood both on the coaching side of things and in the playing squad.

Agreed.

I don't know why people are surprised at this outcome, because they did say that they wanted to get away from sacking managers in reaction to one bad season.

Just going from this board, over the last two and a half years there has been a wild swing in the general opinion of Pardew from zero to hero and back again. You can understand Ashley wanting to get away from that.

:thup:

Aye, the only thing that surprises me is that anyone is surprised at this statement.

Agree about the coaches, they're great guys but I've often wondered if they were appointed in haste and in an attempt to gain some "local" favour when he was appointed.

We need more strength on the coaching side and to move away from appearing to be a soft touch.

Guest neesy111

Well, this has signaled our ambition as a club.  Fucking zilch.

I'd bet Ashley doesn't even know about the pattern that emerges when Pardew is in a job.

I wanted him gone but if he's staying he'll get my backing. He needs to rediscover whatever it was he had in those first 18 months, when we looked incredibly well drilled and seemed to come out for every match with a game plan. I don't care if the football's crap as long as we win.

Really? You don't care if the football is crap? That is my principle reason for wanting him gone.

The team of players will get my backing, along with the stuff that is clearly going right - scouting and signing players.

The manager and coaches will not get any backing from me (whatever that is worth to them - I suspect very little indeed) because I don't applaud failure.

The writing is on the wall, and has been for quite some time. Quite why anyone (not referring to you specifically DISOG, I see you have put you wanted him gone) is satisfied with resigning themselves to the desperate hope that Pardew stumbles across some "magic" formula that will negate his inability to manage a football club is beyond me. But each to his own I guess.

I'm unsurprised he's staying, but frankly, because it now looks like he will be here for years to come, the future of this club is looking bleak in the extreme. Sad day.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Well, this has signaled our ambition as a club.  f***ing zilch.

I'd bet Ashley doesn't even know about the pattern that emerges when Pardew is in a job.

Surely Pardew should have been sacked by now so it should start again?  :bluestar:

Pathetic decision to keep him. Such a big club, all this potential, all this talent - yet there's another season wrote off.

Sunderland & Stoke saw a problem and dealt with it, whilst we're fannying on. Absolutely livid.

Agreed. Although it may be more than the season just gone, and the season coming up that will have to be written off.

He's here to stay man  :anguish:

They weren't going to sack their mate. Don't know why people are surprised.

Because people hoped he would be gone, and hoped Ashley would do the right thing.  Stupid in hindsight but that's what hope does to you :lol:

I wanted him gone but if he's staying he'll get my backing. He needs to rediscover whatever it was he had in those first 18 months, when we looked incredibly well drilled and seemed to come out for every match with a game plan. I don't care if the football's crap as long as we win.

Really? You don't care if the football is crap? That is my principle reason for wanting him gone.

The team of players will get my backing, along with the stuff that is clearly going right - scouting and signing players.

The manager and coaches will not get any backing from me (whatever that is worth to them - I suspect very little indeed) because I don't applaud failure.

The writing is on the wall, and has been for quite some time. Quite why anyone (not referring to you specifically DISOG, I see you have put you wanted him gone) is satisfied with resigning themselves to the desperate hope that Pardew stumbles across some "magic" formula that will negate his inability to manage a football club is beyond me. But each to his own I guess.

I'm unsurprised he's staying, but frankly, because it now looks like he will be here for years to come, the future of this club is looking bleak in the extreme. Sad day.

100% agree.

If Pardew wants my backing he can earn it - which he won't because he's a fraud. Him, Ashley and Dekka can bullshit each other with their cockney patter but next season is already a write off.

If he thinks he's had it tough this season, he better prepare himself for next season because if there is not a massive improvement from the start, it won't take very long for the crowd to start getting very vocal in their criticism.