Alan Pardew

Mike

Keegan and Shearers passion and pride is what's sorely missing from us today, it's heart watming to watch that again after so many years but it just drives it even further home how far we have fallen.

The club is an empty shell of a corperate nightmare, there's no soul, no pride, no heart. I fear we'll never get that back.

We will see the passion again, it's just near impossible to imagine, let alone happen, under Ashley.

Will we see the same sort of passion when there'll sit some super rich Arab presenting us 32 year old Cristiano Ronaldo?

No. That sort of passion we'll probably never see again.

Sad but true :(

Listen to the first few minutes of Sir John Hall and Keegan and its just a bit more damning and painful how far we've fallen....Keegan's talk of being privaleged to have the job and reinvesting the supporters money thats been put into the club...ah man.

Exactly what I was eluding to, Shephard's tenure mad it look much less sharp in our downfall as he royally f***ed up in a lot of ways but when you see it without that, as a pure contrast it's damning and depressing how much we've changed and all for the worse.

The biggest mistake Shepherd ever made was to replace SBR with Souness. That has been one monumental fuck-up that we still have not recovered from. It was the most knee-jerk and short-sighted appointment we could have made at the time and still leaves my gut in a wrench when I think about it.

Kneejerk or panicked? Pretty sure his first choices were Bruce & McClaren? Scary actually.

Regardless. The appointment should have been made with Sir Bob's approval and blessing. That would have been the way forward for the club. I'm pretty sure SBR would have picked none of the aforementioned knackers (McClaren being less knackerish, but a knacker nonetheless).

Kneejerk or panicked? Pretty sure his first choices were Bruce & McClaren? Scary actually.

Regardless. The appointment should have been made with Sir Bob's approval and blessing. That would have been the way forward for the club. I'm pretty sure SBR would have picked none of the aforementioned knackers (McClaren being less knackerish, but a knacker nonetheless).

Keegan told Big Shep to get Brian Little to succeed him in 96 fwiw.

Keegan had nowhere near the global footballing experience that Robson had.

Keegan had nowhere near the global footballing experience that Robson had.

Aye, Sir Bobby thought Steve Bruce would be a good manager for us.

2:40 onwards for Keegans comments.

Such a happy time :aww:

Watching this makes me very sad.

It make me both happy and sad, what an inspiring moment in our recent history, real hair raising stuff, the kind of thing that makes you tingle listening to it.

Our decline is remarkable from that overall moment. We're a much much poorer entity now in every respect.  :(

The three things I want to have in my club (and national team) can be summed up very simply;

PRIDE, PASSION, BELIEF

We've still got passion, we're just badly missing the other two.

Guest neesy111

@milesstarforth: Pardew: 'The media and some fans reacted badly to the closing of transfer window, but I think we've got a good side.' #nufc

We have TBH, it just could have been better.

It's a good side (1st 11) on paper.  We need to build a team from it, something we didn't do last season.

Guest firetotheworks

He's fucking hilarious when I'm in the right mood. Bangs on for ages about needing players, then distances himself from that opinion and shifts it on us and goes on about us having a good side...something most of us agree upon and one of the many points that given as a reason why Pardew isn't good enough. The bloke is a constantly moving collage of lies.

He's fucking hilarious when I'm in the right mood. Bangs on for ages about needing players, then distances himself from that opinion and shifts it on us and goes on about us having a good side...something most of us agree upon and one of the many points that given as a reason why Pardew isn't good enough. The bloke is a constantly moving collage of lies.

A.k.a a football manager.

Guest firetotheworks

That's very kind to Pardew. Managers lie and we've experienced Newcastle managers lying, but he is something else. He'd deny the holocaust.