Alan Pardew

Mike

I HATE the whole transfer excuse.

Pardew was making some horrific decisions last season and a lot more well before January. Yes we should have strengthened in the summer but even with the squad we had pre-January, a decent manager would have had us playing better football and probably far away from any relegation fears.

It was only when the season started going sour that Pardew started peddling this s***.

Its smacks of coaching ineptitude, funnily enough only the shit ones come out and complain about transfers when things go south.

Guest neesy111

I HATE the whole transfer excuse.

Pardew was making some horrific decisions last season and a lot more well before January. Yes we should have strengthened in the summer but even with the squad we had pre-January, a decent manager would have had us playing better football and probably far away from any relegation fears.

It was only when the season started going sour that Pardew started peddling this s***.

Its smacks of coaching ineptitude, funnily enough only the shit ones come out and complain about transfers when things go south.

It's the excuse all bad managers come out with, need signings in next transfer window etc.

Hopefully is gearing up for a sacking, you'd think he wouldn't be saying stuff like that if he's trying to stay on Ashley's good side?

He said the other day that he'd not spoke to Ashley since the Liverpool result, so I have no doubt that he's just fishing for support.

This s*** should NOT be coming out right before our make or break game. FFS.

Agreed.

All he's said is he may be sacked, he may not be.  No more than we already knew tbf :lol:

It's not really going to rock the boat.

The key element of being a manager is coaching. If your players aren't superstars, you need to teach them how to compete against superstars, not moan because your owner or chairman isn't providing better players.

If i were a manager, i'd relish the challenge of getting the most out of a squad.

The irony is that last season, it was our biggest asset. Pardew was getting some great performances out of Simpson, Perch, Taylor and Best. This season he's given up on certain players and stuck by the wrong ones (Jonas, Williamson).

I just don't think it's helpful right now.

You'd hope the whole staff would have their minds 100% on Sunday.

Fair one.

But really I don't think it will make a difference either way, the only thing I take from his comments is that he's not too confident of keeping his job, which is pleasing :lol:

Hopefully is gearing up for a sacking, you'd think he wouldn't be saying stuff like that if he's trying to stay on Ashley's good side?

He said the other day that he'd not spoke to Ashley since the Liverpool result, so I have no doubt that he's just fishing for support.

Think he's genuinely worried. MA is one monster of unpredictable manflesh!!

"We had to move for Moussa Sissoko, who probably we may have done at the end of the year if we had got Loic Remy, and he is not a goalscorer. He's a midfield player-cum-number 10.

No he isn't, Alan.

Think he's genuinely worried. MA is one monster of unpredictable manflesh!!

He's just getting his excuses in early.

Ashley's unpredictable.  The team has had too many injuries.  The Notting Hill Carnival was on the wrong day.  All the transfers were done above his head.

He'll be able to cry to his mates in the media about how he was badly treated (assuming he gets the sack) and it was all due to elements beyond his control and nothing to do with his inability to coach at the highest levels.

I think you are reading too much into what he said, to me it was just the usual "manager talk" by every manager at the bottom of the league being asked if he was worried about is job (the question being neatly edited from the broadcast to suggest he raised the subject himself, which of course, he wouldn't) - saying his future is not in his hands, but those of the owner / chairman / chief executive. To say he wasn't worried would cause more accusations of ego etc.

I think you are reading too much into what he said, to me it was just the usual "manager talk" by every manager at the bottom of the league being asked if he was worried about is job (the question being neatly edited from the broadcast to suggest he raised the subject himself, which of course, he wouldn't) - saying his future is not in his hands, but those of the owner / chairman / chief executive. To say he wasn't worried would cause more accusations of ego etc.

Probably right.

He has used countless s**** excuses in the past but with this one he has a good point.

It depends on whether we would have got Sissoko, Debuchy, Gouffran, Haidara and Yanga Mbiwa as well. In fact, nah. What am I even doing entertaining it!? He's full of absolute shit man. I would sympathise if he actually endeavoured to getting the best out of Cisse's game, or anyone else's for that matter.

I agree but we did lose our top goalscorer, he and we thought he was being replaced and he wasn't. That's their fault really, not his.