Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

Arsenal fans on twitter delighted by his latest comments.

Spurs fans aren't.  Isn't Ashley a Spurs fan?

Ian. :lol:

What now?

"It's not a major offence".

Again, I assume nothing a manager says in the media can be classed as such then.

Not at all, some stuff could. I don't know why any argument with shades of grey is ridiculous.

I understand that everything isn't black and white thanks.  I'm saying they're about the worst things a manager could say and a few seem to agree, I've asked what it would take for you to be annoyed at an NUFC manager's comments and didn't get a meaningful response.  Hence why I'm asking what would constitute a major offence.

You didn't ask that at all. Sorry if I misunderstood.

If he literally means he doesn't care about defeat to Arsenal then they are terrible comments, but I'm quite surprised anyone believes this and ignores the likelihood that he's just expressing how relieved he is to be safe.

I don't really know what would constitute a major offence, doesn't seem worth me making up hypothetical quotes. I just think all football managers talk a load of bollocks, particularly when under pressure. Almost every manager does it almost every week.

I find it unnecessary to pull apart Pardew's every word. That's not to defend his performance this season, it's just to say that what he says line-by-line isn't a great reason to crucify him in particular.

Guest strongbow69

Ian. :lol:

What now?

what is your position on pardew specifically as you seem middle of the road, adendum: were or are (if they are true ) comments of a 4-0 loss to aresenal acceptable? genuine

ok , do you agree that he plays for o-o or closes down after a 1 goal lead?

I've answered all these questions loads of times.

My position on Pardew overall is undecided TBH... I wouldn't shed a tear if he was sacked but if he was kept on I think he could produce a reasonable season next year. And after that, maybe better if he could generate momentum.

I don't like his conservative attitude in general, but I think he would allow the flair players to win us games if the general mood around the squad was better and the league situation wasn't so dire.

On the 4-0 comments, I find it hard to believe he meant them literally. I would like to hear the audio.

Guest neesy111

The stuff about the EL is what I'm fuming at.

Aye, the 4-0 stuff is bad but that's unforgivable. Not a chance it isn't literal either, he's genuinely pleased that we aren't in Europe next year.

Yeap, it's the excuse he's used all season.

The stuff about the EL is what I'm fuming at.

Aye, the 4-0 stuff is bad but that's unforgivable. Not a chance it isn't literal either, he's genuinely pleased that we aren't in Europe next year.

Yeap, it's the excuse he's used all season.

Aye, that bit probably is heartfelt.

Guest neesy111

I honestly believe he was probably just trying to be funny with those quotes, but he's ended up offending an awful lot of people. clueless.

The 4-0 stuff aye, the EL comments are true.  He probably doesn't even want a cup run next season as well on that basis.