Alan Pardew

Mike

Disgusting quotes, what a fucking loser. Not a leader you would want at your club at all. And completely unprofessional. What will the players think of that? Hopefully finally sealed his fate with Ashley. Just can't keep his mouth shut.

Guest neesy111

get set for some huge macktracking by pards tomorrow

Expect some backtracking and cliche bingo if he does need to respond from them.

I think in this season of all seasons we can believe that players may have picked up a knock in between games, it's happened fucking loads of times.

I don't think we would leave them out of the cup squad all together if they were fully fit. We didn't go anywhere near 100% in that game though, even with the squad we put out it was horrific.

It's because of the way we played that people rightly think they didn't have injuries.

Err, how are they right to think that? There isn't a single shred of actual evidence at all to support what you're saying. Granted I'm willing to accept that it may have been the case, it's just not as cut and dry as you appear to think it is and anyone with a differing view isn't "deluded" or "loves Pardew" :lol:

I assume Elliotman meant 'best available team' tbf. Not that I agree.

For sure. Look at the bench that game, Marv is he only one you'd put on. We were riddled with injuries at the time.

I'm in no way defending pards for this season. He needs to go. I'm just not going to crucify him for every single thing.

This is what I said at the time of the Brighton game, not that my hunch about it makes much difference like. :lol:

One of the worst games I've ever been to that, knew that we had no chance when I saw the teamsheet and the performance was even worse than I expected.

I'd be surprised if Cisse even had a knock, I'd have thought it was an excuse for not risking him since our squad is so disgracefully short. Plus, why the fuck was Marveaux not playing?

Fucking absolutely hopeless, I suspect that's mission accomplished for Pardew today as he clearly wanted us to go out.

Just as an aside - do people think Ashley and Llambias are on board with Pardew's successful mission to throw the game today, or was Pardew trying to hide it?

Guest neesy111

Even ITV thought he put out a team to lose to send a message out to Ashley that we needed players.

I'd agree with the second bit.

The first part of the quote is taken out of context. We go mad at the press when they do that sort of thing - it doesn't become all right just when it suits a particular opinion.

Guest neesy111

I'd agree with the second bit.

The first part of the quote is taken out of context. We go mad at the press when they do that sort of thing - it doesn't become all right just when it suits a particular opinion.

Hi Alan.

Wonder how it looks to the new players and those we're targeting for the summer when our manager is coming out and openly saying that we don't want to be in Europe?

The Champions League is where everyone wants to play, there's no denying that. But qualifying for Europe of any kind most years suggests you're a team at the upper echelons of the league table, with the possibility of pushing on and/or winning something. It shows you're a big club. It showcases everything about the club and brings in more money.

Oh, and the comments also say we don't want to win a cup. Though we already knew that considering our shameful submissions in domestic cups under this manager.

They're waiting to make money before they'll spend it. The whole ethos of the coming year at the beginning of the season was get by with what we have. Don't invest in the coming season, get to the end in a decent position like last year, reap those rewards, then see what we can do on the back of it. Cups were played with youth and second team players including EL, obviously the summer, didn't really approach games tactically on the front foot and pro active - We went about the start of this year pretty much exactly the same as we did the previous.

Nothing was to harm our League performances and potential standing. Obviously that shot them in the fucking foot as poor cup performances really compounded our poor League performance. You can argue its a logical argument. League placings earn you money, cups don't. And there in lies the entire philosophy that we'd began to forget about after last season. This year has been a huge reminder.

They didn't seem to want to consider the blatant fact that the teams in the league would try and improve upon their previous season. Or maybe they did but were okay with that. 'Let them kick on and spend money, there's the 3 teams coming up from the Championship. We'll at the very least finish higher than them.'

It's been 'bare minimum needed' all season. I'm not sure I can see that changing that much. We'll buy in the summer yes, will it be good enough come September, will players have left, will we have adequately replaced those that have left? Dont know. Will Pardew have gone? Dont know. Will our football be better? Dependant upon the first 2.

I'm literally just glad it's pretty much over.

Good post.

It's got so bad now that I literally have more belief in Ashley than Pardew. Let's not forget the Jan window was a good one as nearly everyone on here at the time was cock-a-hoop. I personally believe that part of the fuck up in the summer was that Pardew is a yes man and didn't have the will or balls to knock on MA's door with anything resembling demands about pushing on or whatever. On the contrary he cast himself as some kind o salesman and set about talking up the squad as the window closed. Slick? It was very shortsighted and he very quickly found himself in the firing line and then pronto started checklisting his book of excuses.

Pardew is literally the worst foil for the kind of scouting set up and financial rigour we have in place...He doesn't have the tactical nous or football intelligence or awareness to get the best out of the group of players we've sourced, mostly incredible bargains of a decent standard. Still think Sissoko and co will prove that we have an astute scouting template...Wasted on the donkey incharge. Out of his depth.

From the outside looking in, it's hard to see how a manager can go from a season like last, to a season like this, and not get the bullet

With chat like that he fucking well deserves the bullet.  :hunter:

From the outside looking in, it's hard to see how a manager can go from a season like last, to a season like this, and not get the bullet

It wasn't his fault, we had injuries, europe, the Nottinghill Carnival, spies, dodgy pitches, one negative article in the press.  You're just an ignorant brummie with an agenda who doesn't know what you're talking about.

It wasn't his fault, we had injuries, europe, the Nottinghill Carnival, spies, dodgy pitches, one negative article in the press.  You're just an ignorant brummie with an agenda who doesn't know what you're talking about.

If bullshit was music, he'd be a one man orchestra.