Alan Pardew

Mike

Everyone knows I want Pardew gone as soon as possible.  I've spent most of today raving like a looney to anyone who'll listen about how terrible he is.  But as far as those quotes go, is there a video showing him saying that?  I know people will argue that no media outlet could post those quotes if they weren't true.  But what they can do is leave out any context, which can change a meaning quite dramatically.

If/when Pardew does go this summer, I don't think it'll be these comments or any other comments in particular. It'll be the influential players like Cabaye, who he's clearly lost. Cabaye is Ashley's favourite player and a big part of our recruitment, so all it takes is a quick word.

Can't believe I'm changing my mind cos I was absolutely 100% certain he would still be here... as recently as a few hours ago.

Those comments are from a man who knows he's losing his job imo.

Can't believe I'm changing my mind cos I was absolutely 100% certain he would still be here... as recently as a few hours ago.

Those comments are from a man who knows he's losing his job imo.

...or someone more than 100% certain his position is safe :o

It all comes down to whether Ashley actually takes any enjoyment out of watching the football or sees it as only a business. If he's in this to enjoy the football as well as running the club as a successful business, he will get rid of Pardew. A blind man can see that we are one of the worst football sides in the league this season and that the players have no confidence in Pardew and his negative tactics. If he sees it only as a business, we could very well be stuck with the silver hoax for a long long time. As long as we are an EPL side, that's all Ashley will care about, well strengthen enough with cheap buys to stay lower mid table and Pardew will keep trying to patronize and convince the fans we are playing great football and are sitting where we belong in the table.

Spurs fans :lol:

Pardew is a twat. Always has been, always will be. He has come out with a load of old nonsense before and will do again. This is one of those moments. He is full of rubbish.

Nobody at Newcastle will be impressed if they go out and lose 4-0 on the final day. Trust me. Pardew included. After all, it could well be his last game, nobody wants to go out like that!

Is this for real? Pardew you **** :mad:

I'm delighted with this season, regardless of some poor results.

We've had some great results against the top teams, improved massively away from home and done well after losing some of our top players. Not to mention having one of the best players in the world playing for us. We're also on target for a great haul of points and look to challenge higher up the table next season.

Who knows what'll happen with a couple of signings and a large amount of team spirit?

Bring on next year.

Also, fuck Pardew. Prick

I've read it several times now and still cannot fathom what that idiot was thinking saying 'I really don't care if Arsenal win 4-0 if I'm honest'

What is the best case scenario in his head saying something like that? Any manager saying he honestly doesn't care if his team lose 4-0?

In any situation this is a new level of stupid.

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/race-for-4th-or-higher-4-0.92877/page-210

It always feels so much worse when other fans bother to have a look-in on the mad, mad world of Newcastle United. It injects a new sense of embarrassment along with much needed clarity: that yes, the ones who run this club are truly insane, and we are not deluded in thinking so.

It always feels so much worse when other fans bother to have a look-in on the mad, mad world of Newcastle United. It injects a new sense of embarrassment along with much needed clarity: that yes, the ones who run this club are truly insane, and we are not deluded in thinking so.

Breaks us out of our stockholm syndrome for a moment... "You mean other clubs aren't always complete clusterfucks like ours? Holy shit!"

CaulkinTheTimes: When you've lost 3-0 at home to nearest rival, then 6-0 at home to Liverpool, you really, really, really should care. Those defeats linger.

:thup: As usual Caulkin cuts right to the heart of the matter.

We are a joke; pains me to say it but this another example of the sheer pantomime this club is at times.

It is and tbf there are plenty of times when we've willingly been the back end of the horse.

Excellent; all is clear. I think I misread Venkman's laugh.

Anyway, Istanbul hates Alan Pardew

I'll give Ian the benefit of the doubt but it looked hilarious after you'd written a passionate post about Pardew and he ignored it, deleted it from the quote and said he loves Istanbul :lol:

I know it's not how things should be done but I would really like to see a protest against him against Arsenal if he hasn't already gone. I know it's cringe-worthy and all that but personally don't think we can go on with him. I can't face another season with him as manager it will be too much.

Protest is only 'cringe worthy' if you think you're above making your voice heard. It's one of my pet hates of the times we live in to be honest, this attitude. Just because stupid people do something badly it doesn't mean it can't be done properly ever. Get your bed sheet out.

Pardew talks too much. In this case, it sounds like he unwisely made a light-hearted comment that's going to come back to haunt him at various times. No more than that.

In that post-match interview, Pardew looked angry. He's experienced what we've all gone through before. When we're in trouble, there's no shortage of people in the media eager to pile the pressure on. NUFC foul things up again makes great newspaper copy.