Alan Pardew

Mike

:lol: Have people actually read the article?

Aye, it's a poorly cobbled together junk piece that looks like it is taken from other post-match reviews with a purely speculative headline based on a line within the 'article' that has no quotes attributed to it.  Typical of the Chronicle really.

Hmm. Could be they're aiming to head off any last day protests by announcing he's staying nice and early.

Disappointing for sure but given the previous "he's allowed a bad season" comments it's really not that surprising.

I'll honestly be amazed if he's fired, can't understand where the optimism comes from.

The only way Ashley will get rid of the clown is if the pressure from the fans become too much, and quite frankly that's a million miles from happening. Apparently the away crowd were chanting his name at times yesterday, and I've read comments from a few of the match going fans on here saying they've given him stick at the game only to get shouted down by other people in the crowd. There was almost no reaction to getting completely outplayed by Sunderland at our own ground, and the absolute embarrassment that was the Liverpool game didn't seem to turn the crowd against him either. Why exactly the crowd seem to like him is a complete mystery to me, but that's a whole other issue.

So, if there's no pressure to do so then why exactly would Mike Ashley give him the chop? Pardew's the perfect frontman for the operation he's running here. A smooth talking PR man who'll only remove his tongue from Ashley's arse just long enough to tell the world how great it tastes before delving back in to feast on the goo inside.

I've no doubt that next season will go better than this one did. With a full week to prepare the side for most games we'll produce more organised (if no more attractive to watch) displays and I doubt we'll concede anywhere near the amount of goals we did this season. We'll have enough "magic" in the side to supplement that improved defensive record with a few goals that'll win us a sufficient amount of points to achieve the midtable banality that Pardew seems to crave.

If things go against us in terms of injuries/fortune then we might get sucked into a relegation battle again, but I doubt it. Conversely, get a few nice breaks and we might have an outside chance of pushing for a spot in Europe again. The problem there of course is that, if this season is anything to go by, qualifying for Europe is about the most terrifying thing that could happen to us with Pardew in charge. So with a bit of luck we'll miss out and finish nicely in the middle of the pack.

And, quite frankly, do we really think Ashley's ambition extends beyond that? I don't, and therefore I can't see why he'd cut his puppet loose unless there's enough external pressure to do so, pressure that just isn't there right now unfortunately.

Or its taking a guess and has hinged its bet on him staying...it has to shift papers, people will buy this paper just for this article...with no actual quotes...job done.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 8m

Anger out there at AP post-match comments. In press conference they were jokey quips that obviously look different written down... 1/2

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 7m

Agree 100% that club should be aiming for Europe & trying to win that game on Sunday (in fact, that goes without saying). 2/2

Guest bimpy474

Apart from the needlessly descriptive account of Ashley's arse, Shak's post is absolutely spot on.

Shak says "A smooth talking PR man", which as we've now seen is so far from the truth it's unreal.

He can't speak proper English and says things no real PR man would come out with. He is frankly dreadful and should just shut up tbh.

If Pardew stays then you'd imagine our better players will be queuing up to leave given their performances in recent weeks. I know people quite often say that, but we really don't strike you as a team or club on the up at the moment.

If Pardew stays then you'd imagine our better players will be queuing up to leave given their performances in recent weeks. I know people quite often say that, but we really don't strike you as a team or club on the up at the moment.

I've been convinced for a while that Cabaye could be off, but aside from him who else would we get the type of big offers for that Ashley would accept? Possibly Krul. Maybe HBA, but he seems really happy here, and also seems to like working with Pardew.

It being a WC year may be a deciding factor in the players' thoughts. Of course we hold their contracts and all that, but every often you'll find that it's sorta pointless keeping a player when his heart is not here anymore.

Apart from the needlessly descriptive account of Ashley's arse, Shak's post is absolutely spot on.

Shak says "A smooth talking PR man", which as we've now seen is so far from the truth it's unreal.

He can't speak proper English and says things no real PR man would come out with. He is frankly dreadful and should just shut up tbh.

Agreed. Some of the foreign managers in the league make real attempts at speaking English correctly, while this fraud can't construct two sentences together without making grammatical errors. He is NOT good at the PR lark like. Wish people would stop saying it.

If they're going to put in half arsed performances maybe we're better off shot of them and at least have some players that want to play for the shirt and aren't just paying lip service to it.

Mick Lowes hinted on Radio Newcastle this morning that Pardew is going to do a phone-in special later in the week, possibly to be confirmed on tonights Total Sport.  That doesn't sound like the actions of someone who is expecting to depart anytime soon  :(

Guest neesy111

If they're going to put in half arsed performances maybe we're better off shot of them.

:thup:

I'm still fuming about that 2nd half v Liverpool.