Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

We can only hope, Mick. Got to have faith that he'll buck the trend, even if history suggests otherwise.

We don't have a history of changing managers in the summer.

The one opportunity we did have, we elected not to bother. :lol:

"Assured of his future with NUFC next season." Is this God punishing us for something?

On the plus side, my workmate has finally got round to the idea that Pardew is shit and he now officially wants him out. Took him long enough :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Santon

Colo

Mbwia

Debuchy

Anita

Jonas (if your generous)

Cisse

You

Sissoko

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

That's about it for our internationals.

Guest bimpy474

A lot of history revisionism in here tonight and a lot of sheep dancing to the merry tune of the pard piper! I've decided to stop posting and bang my head against a brick wall.

Oi, you just nicked the Pard Piper thingy from me then, not that i said it exactly. I know your game sonny jim  :angry:

If Pardew is staying, we might as well flog Cabaye and use the money to buy Carroll and some better wingers. Deadly serious too.

Yep.

Less of the inverted wingers - just give him two quick lads who can stick a ball on somebody's head.

Nobody minds ''shite'' football if it wins by a couple.

Can't think of an example of shite football ever doing more than nicking and grinding wins.

Krul

Santon

Colo

Mbwia

Debuchy

Anita

Jonas (if your generous)

Cisse

You

Sissoko

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Shane Ferguson gets a game for whichever Ireland he fancies playing for these days too like.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Santon

Colo

Mbwia

Debuchy

Anita

Jonas (if your generous)

Cisse

You

Sissoko

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Shane Ferguson gets a game for whichever Ireland he fancies playing for these days too like.

Damn forgot Shane, cheers mate.

Guest bimpy474

I swear, the apologists on here are a little like battered wives coming up with excuses why their husbands beat them.

No need for that.

Fucknuggetbrainfarts.

A lot of history revisionism in here tonight and a lot of sheep dancing to the merry tune of the pard piper! I've decided to stop posting and bang my head against a brick wall.

Oi, you just nicked the Pard Piper thingy from me then, not that i said it exactly. I know your game sonny jim  :angry:

It's mine, all mine!!

Curbishley ffs. It's easy to play this game.

"I'd like a new striker"

"You what?! You want to sign Ade Akinbiyi?!"

"Umm well a full back maybe?"

"Oh so now you're happy to re-sign Peter Ramage?!"

How many examples are there of us paying more for a replacement than we got for the player sold?

With players Ashley can justify a few quid more too, as he can potentially recoup it.  He knows whatever he pays a manager he's not getting back.

Shouldn't the question be how many have been replaced with better, rather than how much we paid for them?

It would be if there were better cheaper managers available.  A new manager wouldn't be financed by sacking Pardew, it would be additional cost.

I always wondered about the confused message of our transfer policy (keep the manager out, makes it easier to sack him) and then giving the manager an 8 year deal, making it harder to sack him.

Are there not like? ???

Not sure why you think being cheaper is an essential requirement - notice you ignored Dave's question about Ashley spending £20m in January. When has he done that before?

I've not seen any more recent salaries since this...

http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/index.php/premier-league-salaries/

You tell me who's be willing to come for less pay than Chelsea's fitness coach gets.

I hadn't seen Dave's question before you asked.  Ashley's never spent £20m in January before.  That suggests to me that he took the vblame for the lack of spending in the Summer though...or he would have sacked Pardew rather than give him that cash.  He had to do one or the other to ensure the windfall next seasons TCV deal will bring.

So why did he buy Cisse last January? He didn't need to do that did he?

He spent £8m on a player who they had asked £14m for in Summer and we had walked away from despite having £35m to replace the player sold.

Got a bargain.

I never asked you if it was a bargain. You've argued that he never spends money unless absolutely necessary (hence why he won't pay any more for a new manager).

Why did he buy Cisse when the team could obviously get by? Why did he buy Anita when the team could obviously get by?

I never said that.

I said he buys cheaper players than the ones he sells.

Curbishley ffs. It's easy to play this game.

"I'd like a new striker"

"You what?! You want to sign Ade Akinbiyi?!"

"Umm well a full back maybe?"

"Oh so now you're happy to re-sign Peter Ramage?!"

How many examples are there of us paying more for a replacement than we got for the player sold?

With players Ashley can justify a few quid more too, as he can potentially recoup it.  He knows whatever he pays a manager he's not getting back.

Shouldn't the question be how many have been replaced with better, rather than how much we paid for them?

It would be if there were better cheaper managers available.  A new manager wouldn't be financed by sacking Pardew, it would be additional cost.

I always wondered about the confused message of our transfer policy (keep the manager out, makes it easier to sack him) and then giving the manager an 8 year deal, making it harder to sack him.

Are there not like? ???

Not sure why you think being cheaper is an essential requirement - notice you ignored Dave's question about Ashley spending £20m in January. When has he done that before?

I've not seen any more recent salaries since this...

http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/index.php/premier-league-salaries/

You tell me who's be willing to come for less pay than Chelsea's fitness coach gets.

I hadn't seen Dave's question before you asked.  Ashley's never spent £20m in January before.  That suggests to me that he took the vblame for the lack of spending in the Summer though...or he would have sacked Pardew rather than give him that cash.  He had to do one or the other to ensure the windfall next seasons TCV deal will bring.

So why did he buy Cisse last January? He didn't need to do that did he?

He spent £8m on a player who they had asked £14m for in Summer and we had walked away from despite having £35m to replace the player sold.

Got a bargain.

What do you want Ashley to do? how can he win. He buys a player you dig him out, he doesn't, you dig him out. It's ludicrous

I never criticized him for it. Willie asked.

Christ I feel like Pardew the way ever utterance is turned into a negative.

Aye, because teams replace half their first team in the January transfer window and go on a magic run all the time? Why is it perfectly acceptable to say Colo needed a season to adapt to the pace of the Premiership, but not to suggest that integrating 4 or 5 new first team players in the team that already wasn't doing greatly was as much a blessing in terms of much needed squad investment as it was a hindrance to have to do it mid season? People hate it when Pardew uses "excuses" for things that haven't gone well, and he himself is also to blame for our gross underperformance this season, but there is no denying the impact injuries, "Europe" and too small a squad with panic reinforcing in January have had imho.

Bollocks, look at the team we had out against Reading at home for one.

Enlighten me what you mean by this please? I have looked and the only January reinforcement available to us at that date was Debuchy, who did play. Not sure how that is relevant at all to what I said.. :lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Club-statement-13-May-2013

It is with regret that Newcastle United Football Club announces that Alan Pardew has been relieved of his duties as Newcastle United Manager.

This has been a difficult decision for the owner, Managing Director and Board to make and it is the outcome of a planned end of season review process that has been brought forward in light of recent speculation and out of respect for Alan and his extensive contributions to the Football Club.

Despite everyone’s best efforts, the Club has failed to achieve any of its stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season’s Premier League. This, combined with an identified need to develop a holistic approach to all aspects of football at the Club, has meant that the decision has been taken to find a new manager for the 2013/14 season and beyond.

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: “Alan’s record speaks for itself and he has the respect and gratitude of Mike Ashley, myself and the Board for all of his hard work and commitment over the last two and a half years. He has clearly also secured the love and respect of our fans. He has done as he promised and delivered no silverware or success, not breaking the Club’s 58-year trophy drought and almost securing relegation in 2013. I would like to personally and publicly thank him for his dedication to the progress that he has overseen and for his support and continued friendship."

Assistant Manager John Carver will take interim responsibility for the remaining two games of the season and the post-season tour to Bognor Regis.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Club-statement-13-May-2013

It is with regret that Newcastle United Football Club announces that Alan Pardew has been relieved of his duties as Newcastle United Manager.

This has been a difficult decision for the owner, Managing Director and Board to make and it is the outcome of a planned end of season review process that has been brought forward in light of recent speculation and out of respect for Alan and his extensive contributions to the Football Club.

Despite everyone’s best efforts, the Club has failed to achieve any of its stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season’s Premier League. This, combined with an identified need to develop a holistic approach to all aspects of football at the Club, has meant that the decision has been taken to find a new manager for the 2013/14 season and beyond.

Managing Director Derek Llambias said: “Alan’s record speaks for itself and he has the respect and gratitude of Mike Ashley, myself and the Board for all of his hard work and commitment over the last two and a half years. He has clearly also secured the love and respect of our fans. He has done as he promised and delivered no silverware or success, not breaking the Club’s 58-year trophy drought and almost securing relegation in 2013. I would like to personally and publicly thank him for his dedication to the progress that he has overseen and for his support and continued friendship."

Assistant Manager John Carver will take interim responsibility for the remaining two games of the season and the post-season tour to Bognor Regis.

Shit the bed, Mike Ashley and his fucking holistics AGAIN.