6 Players out including Coloccini, Krul and Ben Arfa

April 24th

8 Players out including Tiote, Krul, Coloccini, Santon

5 games?

:lol:

Pack it in man.

You're a slow person.

Those aren't games.

Those are the random dates available for physioroom  at the internet archive.  I posted the link earlier.

It's a snapshot of which players were injured through the months of the season.  We were either first second or third in every snapshot taken.

If you're trying to argue our injury trouble hasn't been worse than others then you've clearly lost the plot entirely.

At least try to blame Pardew for the injuries....playing Ben Arfa in ice cold conditions on a plastic pitch....that sort of thing.

Guest icemanblue

That and the likes of Sissoko who looked a beast the first few weeks he was here, now looking more like a f***ing chicken. Pardew's negative ways effecting their game and with it our game.

You seriously blaming Pardew for his lack of form due to Pardew's negative way? Sissoko did well to look a 'beast' in the first place in an unfamiliar position and a new league to contend with. Pardew's answer to his demise was to play him right wing against Liverpool, that was his clueless part. Pardew should at least take some of the praise for having the sense to play him in an advanced role which massively helped us gain wins against Villa and Chelsea. Unfortunately this form then wasn't sustained as clubs became a lot more familiar with him and he wasn't the surprise package anymore so obviously other managers would pick up on his glaring attacking weaknesses, Pardew just didn't have the sense to look and change this. Either a)drop him or b) play him in his preferred position.

Pardew didn't have him playing as a number 10, he had him in CM, Sissoko only ended up in that kind of role/position because the game was becoming stretched and he was released from his shackles and getting more space and freedom to run forwards and get at the opposition. First half against Chelsea stuck in CM he was running into traffic constantly. Only Pardew would claim he turned Sissoko into a number 10 or rather that he deserves the credit for it. :lol:

Nonsense. Sissoko has played behind Cisse for the majority of games since he arrived. Cabaye/Tiote/Anita/Perch, have mainly all been behind him. Sissoko has then reverted deeper in a few games once we've already been rolled over in the latter stages.

Has he f***, he's either been in CM or out wide. In fact he's pretty much never had a cemented position for the 90 since joining because the manager is clueless as to how best utilise him. Often he finds himself simply playing where he wants, without direction or effectiveness.

I'm not sure if it was you or Bimpy that was throwing around the 'you simply don't watch the games properly' accusations. But, if you haven't noticed that he has persistently been playing as near enough a second striker, then your head needs a shake. I don't know how this can be disputed, to be honest. I think he played right wing against Liverpool, and perhaps one game further back, but that's it.

Against Chelsea he started out in CM, ended up further forward and then out wide. Basically that's how I've seen him play since he arrived, in no real set position.

Almost like a number 10?

Not by my definition of a number 10 no. But even if that is indeed the position he has been playing at, it hasn't happened because of some kind of foresight by the manager or some kind of intention. Like I keep repeating he ends up all over the place because the manager doesn't have a clue how to best use him, someone who has just thrown him in there in the hope he'll keep doing what he did against Chelsea. As a result he's looked like a big lump just running around not knowing what position to stick/go with and what decisions to make when on the ball. Its actually been quite sad to watch. A bit like Cisse on the wing or Shola up front...

Played there against Villa, in his first game, too.

And?

Someone decided to play him there, probably the manager. It goes against your idea that it was some kind of happy accident, that didn't turn out to be so happy when it became clear it wasn't his natural position.

you are very much in strong favour of Pardew getting another season just as much as others want him sacked.

any specific reason why you share these views. im curious.  injuries and last season 5th finish?

Pardew is a prick.  I've never liked him.  It was a sad day for me when he was appointed.

We replaced one average manager with another average manager, but at least the last one was likeable. 

People are getting very worked up over ousting the bloke...so we can get another middle of the road jouneyman in to peddle mediocrity.

What's the point in that?

you point is you want him to stay solely based on the assumption if sacked Ashley will replace him with another journeyman? 

He doesn't "want him to stay" FFS...

based on that i assume he prefer him to stay, unless you speak for HF or you are the same person.

What? Just because you don't understand what he's saying and I do.. :lol:

mind telling me what his crack is since you two know each other so well

HF been on here putting up his side of views...  basically saying,  pardew is not a bad manager but he wants him sacked?

if im mistaken then you can clear it up for me.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we are to be a mid-table nothing type club I'd rather we did it with a man in charge who gets us playing decent football and looks to attack the opposition so in that sense, I'd happily swap Pardew for someone like Curbishley even though I know such an appointment would be the wrong one. Fucking hell, even Kinnear set us up to score goals and to get at the opposition.

Mind, I would rather have Pardew than that cunt.

You've just made an argument up and claimed it was being used by posters on here, and you can't be arsed to prove it, because you know you can't. Nobody has claimed they want him to remain our manager, let alone for stability reasons.

The only reasons I ever see for keeping Pardew is "stability", "the players/board like him" and "Ashley can't appoint a good manager". I don't recall one person saying we'll actually improve on the pitch if he stays. That should be the first reason people give for him staying as that's the most important thing but alas...

Fair point.

But... last season he was decent. The football was decent too. I know this season has been awful but none of us know which way next season would go under Pardew. We can't know.

Since we can't know what kind of football we'll have until we're playing it, the only stuff that matters are the external factors like stability and relationships in the club.

Laudrup's never stayed in a job long enough for the honeymoon to end.

So basically "stability" only counts when it suites the argument.

:lol: :thup:

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anyone could possibly have for keeping Pardew.

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, that there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

The stability argument hasn't come from any of the posters on here, it's come from that very same one person who indeed has the final say on the matter.

It has came from posters on here though.

If you're not a believer in stability (I am) then I see little reason why we shouldn't get rid now and try some fresh ideas, if it doesn't work then it doesn't matter, we can just give them the chop and bring in another man.

Try not to respond through the eyes of Mike Ashley, or at least what you perceive his thoughts to be, it's incredibly irritating and ultimately irrelevant to the debate of whether or not Pardew is good enough for our squad.

Which posters have argued Pardew should remain our manager for the sake of stability out of interest?

Aye I was wrong to laugh- HF hasn't used that argument oh here tbf. Plenty of others have though. Its become hard to attribute the correct opinion to each poster considering the clusterfuck this thread has been :lol:

Nobody has ever used that argument, literally nobody..

What? :lol:

The amount of times I've read "I'm willing to forgive X,Y and Z for the sake of stability..." If I had a quarter for every time ...

POIDH

Will some people please just confirm that the stability argument had been used on here countless times. I'm really not arsed digging up posts atm ffs.

you are very much in strong favour of Pardew getting another season just as much as others want him sacked.

any specific reason why you share these views. im curious.  injuries and last season 5th finish?

Pardew is a prick.  I've never liked him.  It was a sad day for me when he was appointed.

We replaced one average manager with another average manager, but at least the last one was likeable. 

People are getting very worked up over ousting the bloke...so we can get another middle of the road jouneyman in to peddle mediocrity.

you point is you want him to stay solely based on the assumption if sacked Ashley will replace him with another journeyman? 

based on that i assume he prefer him to stay, unless you speak for HF or you are the same person.

HF been on here putting up his side of views...  basically saying,  pardew is not a bad manager but he wants to sacked?

if im mistaken then you can cleared it up for me.

*Sigh*

His argument is simply that many of the criticisms against Pardew are not factually correct, and that to suggest he's simply shit is a gross oversimplification of why our season has been such a big disappointment. He's even saying he doesn't like him as a manager, but is willing to conceed there are mitigating circumstances that explain at least in part why we have been as bad as we have. Doesn't equal to him wanting Pardew to remain our manager by any stretch of the imagination, unless you just can't or aren't willing to understand what he's actually saying.

Guest Howaythetoon

That and the likes of Sissoko who looked a beast the first few weeks he was here, now looking more like a f***ing chicken. Pardew's negative ways effecting their game and with it our game.

You seriously blaming Pardew for his lack of form due to Pardew's negative way? Sissoko did well to look a 'beast' in the first place in an unfamiliar position and a new league to contend with. Pardew's answer to his demise was to play him right wing against Liverpool, that was his clueless part. Pardew should at least take some of the praise for having the sense to play him in an advanced role which massively helped us gain wins against Villa and Chelsea. Unfortunately this form then wasn't sustained as clubs became a lot more familiar with him and he wasn't the surprise package anymore so obviously other managers would pick up on his glaring attacking weaknesses, Pardew just didn't have the sense to look and change this. Either a)drop him or b) play him in his preferred position.

Pardew didn't have him playing as a number 10, he had him in CM, Sissoko only ended up in that kind of role/position because the game was becoming stretched and he was released from his shackles and getting more space and freedom to run forwards and get at the opposition. First half against Chelsea stuck in CM he was running into traffic constantly. Only Pardew would claim he turned Sissoko into a number 10 or rather that he deserves the credit for it. :lol:

Nonsense. Sissoko has played behind Cisse for the majority of games since he arrived. Cabaye/Tiote/Anita/Perch, have mainly all been behind him. Sissoko has then reverted deeper in a few games once we've already been rolled over in the latter stages.

Has he f***, he's either been in CM or out wide. In fact he's pretty much never had a cemented position for the 90 since joining because the manager is clueless as to how best utilise him. Often he finds himself simply playing where he wants, without direction or effectiveness.

I'm not sure if it was you or Bimpy that was throwing around the 'you simply don't watch the games properly' accusations. But, if you haven't noticed that he has persistently been playing as near enough a second striker, then your head needs a shake. I don't know how this can be disputed, to be honest. I think he played right wing against Liverpool, and perhaps one game further back, but that's it.

Against Chelsea he started out in CM, ended up further forward and then out wide. Basically that's how I've seen him play since he arrived, in no real set position.

Almost like a number 10?

Not by my definition of a number 10 no. But even if that is indeed the position he has been playing at, it hasn't happened because of some kind of foresight by the manager or some kind of intention. Like I keep repeating he ends up all over the place because the manager doesn't have a clue how to best use him, someone who has just thrown him in there in the hope he'll keep doing what he did against Chelsea. As a result he's looked like a big lump just running around not knowing what position to stick/go with and what decisions to make when on the ball. Its actually been quite sad to watch. A bit like Cisse on the wing or Shola up front...

Played there against Villa, in his first game, too.

And?

Someone decided to play him there, probably the manager. It goes against your idea that it was some kind of happy accident, that didn't turn out to be so happy when it became clear it wasn't his natural position.

I didn't see the Villa game in full so couldn't comment whether he started out as a number 10 or so I'll take your word for it.

Still doesn't detract from the fact our manager doesn't have a clue how to best use him though or the fact since those first few games, he's looked absolutely dog shit.

September 19th

7 players out including Cisse, Krul, Coloccini and Tiote

December 13th

7 players out including Ben Arfa, Cabaye and both Taylors

January 16th

6 Player out including Simpson, Ben Arfa and STaylor

March 6th

6 Players out including Coloccini, Krul and Ben Arfa

April 24th

8 Players out including Tiote, Krul, Coloccini, Santon

5 games?

Pack it in man.

You're a slow person.

Those aren't games.

Those are the random dates available for physioroom  at the internet archive.  I posted the link earlier.

It's a snapshot of which players were injured through the months of the season.  We were either first second or third in every snapshot taken.

Random dates? That's a different matter to who plays on the day. You know like the list posted?

If you're trying to argue our injury trouble hasn't been worse than others then you've clearly lost the plot entirely.

At least try to blame Pardew for the injuries....playing Ben Arfa in ice cold conditions on a plastic pitch....that sort of thing.

I didn't argue whether we had injury trouble or not, I pulled you up on talking shite, again.

FWIW I don't think Pardew is a bad manager, I just don't think he's a good one and our squad have outgrown him, I also think there will be far less risk and far greater reward if he is sacked. Pretty much my opinions in a nutshell and I doubt any amount of mad graphs will sway them.

you're wrong mate, he is an atrocious manager and coach.

I'm staying away from hyperbole tbh.

I don't think an Italian manager is the answer either.

so what is Happy Face and Unbelievable's crack?

they dont like people bad mouthing pardew but they too want him gone?

is that it?

Bad mouth all you like, but I keep my criticisms based upon reality.

Hitler was shit, he killed 6 million jews. Fine by me

Hitler was shit, he killed every jew in the world.  Not quite right.

Did I get the first mention of Hitler in this thread?

HF been on here putting up his side of views...  basically saying,  pardew is not a bad manager but he wants to sacked?

*Sigh*

His argument is simply that many of the criticisms against Pardew are not factually correct, and that to suggest he's simply s*** is a gross oversimplification of why our season has been such a big disappointment. He's even saying he doesn't like him as a manager, but is willing to conceed there are mitigating circumstances that explain at least in part why we have been as bad as we have. Doesn't equal to him wanting Pardew to remain our manager by any stretch of the imagination, unless you just can't or aren't willing to understand what he's actually saying.

i havent read all his post, i assumed he was a WUM in the beggining, i do agree not all the things used to beat Pardew with a stick are true.  But HF does go through a lot of trouble to make his side of the argument.  Why does he feel that strongly.

Excluding how Pardew has done - his appointment in the first place was Ashley's reign at Newcastle in a nutshell, or at least looks like it.  It suggested no ambition, a cheap and uncomplicated option, without any future risks or chances of disagreement. Everything done low cost.

Even if Ashley cut Pardew off tomorrow, who would genuinely reckon he'd appoint someone for the good of Newcastle United, rather than his balance sheet? Look at the transfer dealings in January - he only spent that money due to the fact he was facing the prospect of relegation, if we'd have been comfortable mid table the new players wouldn't have arrived. At the start of the season when Pardew was queried about emulating a 5th placed finish he replied something like 'Mike wants to do it again but with less money'.

Tells you everything.

If anyone is of the opinion that the manager should be given more time, do they not support the stability argument by default? Even more so if they're more worried about who the replacement would be than anything else.

And Moyes has been used as an example plenty of times.

Guest Howaythetoon

*Sigh*

His argument is simply that many of the criticisms against Pardew are not factually correct, and that to suggest he's simply s*** is a gross oversimplification of why our season has been such a big disappointment. He's even saying he doesn't like him as a manager, but is willing to conceed there are mitigating circumstances that explain at least in part why we have been as bad as we have. Doesn't equal to him wanting Pardew to remain our manager by any stretch of the imagination, unless you just can't or aren't willing to understand what he's actually saying.

Is he fuck, he's just trying to look clever with some naff and pointless graphs and charts.

All of the arguments against Pardew are factually correct btw. how can you argue he is not shit.

Just because we have played a few less long balls of late does not mean Pardew isn't a long ball man. Just because we beat QPR away doesn't suddenly mean we are kings of the capital. Just because Ba doesn't get a game for Chelsea doesn't mean he's shit. Just because HF posts some graphs and charts doesn't mean he has a point because he doesn't.

His point is akin to me jumping into the car thread and telling someone whose Corsa is shit isn't all that bad because statistically they are the 7th most reliable car after winter...

Means fuck all.

is that it?

Hitler was shit, he killed 6 million jews. Fine by me

Hitler was shit, he killed every jew in the world.  Not quite right.

Ok, it's been interesting, I'm out.

*Sigh*

i havent read all his post, i assumed he was a WUM in the beggining, i do agree not all the things used to beat him with a stick are true.  But HF does go through a lot of trouble to make his side of the argument.  Why does he feel that strongly.

:anguish:

is that it?

Hitler was s***, he killed 6 million jews. Fine by me

Hitler was s***, he killed every jew in the world.  Not quite right.

whats with the angst?  jesus. 

'Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an assertion made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin said that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.

Although in one of its early forms Godwin's law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[4] the law is now often applied to any threaded online discussion, such as forums, chat rooms and blog comment threads, and has been invoked for the inappropriate use of Nazi analogies in articles or speeches.[5]'

'There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.'

From Wiki.

'Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an assertion made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin said that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.

Although in one of its early forms Godwin's law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[4] the law is now often applied to any threaded online discussion, such as forums, chat rooms and blog comment threads, and has been invoked for the inappropriate use of Nazi analogies in articles or speeches.[5]'

'There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.'

From Wiki.

little bit unfair on HF but i see your point.