Alan Pardew

Mike

Cabaye has been below average in my opinion. Shame to see him go, because I think he can play much better then he has done this season, but I wouldn't be devastated.

:thup:

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

Well you're all mental. On his day, he's unplayable.

If we got rid, we'd soon regret it IMO.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye has been below average in my opinion. Shame to see him go, because I think he can play much better then he has done this season, but I wouldn't be devastated.

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

He's been unplayable only a handful of times in his 2 seasons here.

I'd like to see some stats on how often particular words are used in this thread. I'm willing to bet that 'magic' and it's variants would be near the top.

lllllllllllllllllllllllll    magic

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll    crap

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll    shite

llll    :thup:

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll    stats

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

He's a quality player.

And this is the club that trusts Alan Pardew to get us out of Alan Pardew's mess, and replaced Andy Carroll with Demba Ba to then want to replace Demba Ba with Andy Carroll.

I don't trust us to replace him properly, so I'd rather he didn't go.

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

He's a quality player.

And this is the club that trusts Alan Pardew to get us out of Alan Pardew's mess, and replaced Andy Carroll with Demba Ba to then want to replace Demba Ba with Andy Carroll.

I'm not saying I want him away I just think there's a huge amount of hype around a player who doesn't live up to that hype a lot of the time. Tactics or no tactics top players enforce themselves on matches, just look at the way Colo made an impact coming back into defence. Cabaye has fantastic skill and ability but has he really done enough this season when we've needed him, I'm not sure he has. That said pretty much all our players have underperformed this season so he's not alone.

Guest neesy111

I can't believe people use Pardew as an excuse for some players performances, easy excuse.

Cabaye in a team with movement around him and he would look class in most games. Against Chelsea he was exceptional imo, and that was one of the few times where our players were making runs and had good movement. Cabaye is simply not the problem! He's not a dynamic player who takes control of a s*** game where everyone else is standing still, but he's brilliant

in his own way, and i'd be devastated if he left as he 'could' be very very good in the right setup.

And yes, he should still have performed a bit better in some games lately, but i can understand his frustration.

I can't believe people use Pardew as an excuse for some players performances, easy excuse.

Do you think that Cabaye would be far better under a different manager playing football that he is far more suited too?

Nah.

Do you think that Cabaye would be far better under a different manager playing football that he is far more suited too?

You're missing the point Hans, some posters over rate our players, and Neesy simply will not rest until absolutely everyone has accepted it and everyone who's ever over rated anyone comes clean.

Guest neesy111

You're missing the point Hans, some posters over rate our players, and Neesy simply will not rest until absolutely everyone has accepted it and everyone who's ever over rated anyone comes clean.

Some people overrate the importance of the manager and that the manager is to blame for almost everything which is no where near true.  Players are responsible for their own performances when they go on the field.

:lol: I agree with the sentiment like, and it's the same with the "Do you really think Ashley will sack Pardew/get in a new man" stuff but it's just nauseating.

Player's haven't been at the races, I think the majority of people are aware of that, and although it probably isn't all Pardew's fault directly he certainly seems to be the main cause.

Anyone who thinks selling Cabaye is even remotely sensible deserves to watch a season of Dan Gosling getting what we'll hear about as his "long awaited chance".

You're all fucking mad. We'll either replace Cabaye badly or not fucking replace him at all. He's the best midfielder we've had since Gary Speed.

Some people overrate the importance of the manager and that the manager is to blame for almost everything which is no where near true.  Players are responsible for their own performances when they go on the field.

What about if a player isn't receiving the correct training or tactical advice? Although you're right, it's ultimately Cabaye (or any other player for that matter) who is responsible for his (their) own performance on the pitch, we know as football fans that the right manager can make a world of difference.

When a team are out of form collectively for a whole season, that's the managers fault. There are varying degrees of middle ground where certain players have been better/worse in certain games, but I've no doubt where the main fault lies.

Total extremes on here like. No middle ground.  :lol:

Middle ground is boring as fuck, here I'll do it for you:

I think Cabaye is a quality player who hasn't preformed as well as he's capable of and he has to take some of the blame for that despite Pardew tactics. He's not quite as good as some make out but I'd be sad to see him go.

OMG so sensible and balanced!!!

I

When a team are out of form collectively for a whole season, that's the managers fault. There are varying degrees of middle ground where certain players have been better/worse in certain games, but I've no doubt where the main fault lies.

Literally every player has been shit. They need to stop letting the manager down and turn the shit switch off.

That's my view as well.

Yep agree with this

He's a quality player.

I'm not saying I want him away I just think there's a huge amount of hype around a player who doesn't live up to that hype a lot of the time. Tactics or no tactics top players enforce themselves on matches, just look at the way Colo made an impact coming back into defence. Cabaye has fantastic skill and ability but has he really done enough this season when we've needed him, I'm not sure he has. That said pretty much all our players have underperformed this season so he's not alone.

Cabaye made a huge impact on his return from injury, much in the same way Colo did.